Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,724

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Imposter

Baxter, KY

#77899 Dec 11, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
What, and I wasted that heart, bright bulb and funny guy icon for nothing huh? It was funny and I though you were playing me. I am very proud of you for being so good. Maybe now Santa won't leave you coal or sticks. lol
Just turn the mean to clean and you will be amazed. Even if it is only in the spirit of Christmas, I like you better this way. Obviously, the MODS do too. haha
Have a good night.:)
They have certainly left my comments up, what few I've made here, that is.

On the wolf thing, that is atrocious. I have nothing against hunters, don't see what they get out of killing for sport, but as long as it's legal and in season I can't say much about them.

I myself hate to kill any animal unless absolutely necessary. I hunt for food, only when and if I need that food. I have killed varmints trying to get at my livestock, hated to do it, but had too.
Good night everyone.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#77900 Dec 11, 2012
Happy Birthday, Hemp!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77901 Dec 11, 2012
The most famous wolf on this thread still survives. LOL Sad about the real one.

My cheap pizza was great. It was not made from scratch though. I take a Tombstone 4-meat pizza and add more pepperoni, country ham, sausage, shredded mozzarella cheese, sliced black olives and onions.I figure it costs about $4 to make. I buy enough stuff once a month at Sav-A-Lot to have a pizza once each week. Some of the ingredients lasts 2 months.

I will turn in soon. Dog has already gone to the bedroom and curled up on his blanket on the floor beside my bed and is waiting for me to come tuck him in. LOL Good Night folks.

#77902 Dec 11, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>Even if it is only in the spirit of Christmas, I like you better this way.
I was getting kind of fond of the "Toots" tag that Imposter gave me though.
(NOT the vulgar parts though Imposter. Not those parts where you hated me. But Toots was cool.. It reminded me of the old days before I got so broken down and started falling apart physically. It took me back to the days when I was still partying my tail off and was out there riding every day, wearing the concrete right off the roads, lol).
:)

#77903 Dec 11, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Good Night folks.
Good night, AW. You and your dog baby sleep well!!

#77904 Dec 11, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Good night everyone.
Good night to you as well, Imposter. See you tomorrow.

I'm going to hit it myself. The day sure got away from me, hehe. God bless you all.

Chat tomorrow!!

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#77905 Dec 11, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Good evening topix posters. Hope you are staying warm. They say the temps will rise as it gets to the weekend. I am so happy about that. We have over 2000 graves (mom&dad too) to decorate Saturday in our annual Wreaths Across America at the Veteran's Cemetery outside Fort Knox. It is some humbling feeling to see all of them when we are done. Like Arlington. It is beautiful when it snows. I sent pictures to a few regular posters last year. If you are a near one of the Veteran's Cemeteries try to make it. Those cemeteries are filling up fast. Very Sad. Those are our heroes.
Nope, I cannot express anything that others have not already here, but I will definitely make you part of my prayers. I know that they work. I have seen over and over in my family and with friends. It has been a hard year on me losing so many people dear to me, my Mom being the hardest of them all. Stay positive, as you have seen here, many have been there, that little girl with the HIV Blood treatment story was something, I am constantly praying for a cure. Lala, she is correct in her long road this year, she did amaze the doctors as well as all of us. She is a miracle. I couldn't say anything while she was off the thread on why, but all I wanted to say really was pray for her but couldn't since it was personal and she had not put it out here.
AW, "Quite often they are only asking for the mental strength and support to accept what lies around the bend at the end of the trail. As my father was passing after a long period of suffering and the day before he passed, he knew it and smiled and said "My prayers will be answered"." That is so true. My Mom said the same thing pretty much and I told you about her three wishes coming true. Prayers are powerful. We started a prayer chain for a friend with breast cancer diagnoised and she was where Nope is trying to come to grips with it, but after friends shared with her and kept the prayers going she was lifted and after surgery she said she felt the power of prayer and knew she would get good news. She did.
I hope you enjoyed your pizza night.
OJG gave a lot of herbal remedies and research she did on it and shared alot of it on this thread. Wish she would post again. Always interesting and helpful posts.
lala, you did amaze us as we have told you when she and I were emailing and calling the hospital. We were so happy you got better and went home where they really missed and needed you.((HUGS))
Hempburn, you are killing me with the soft kitty...hahahaha I ordered a nightshirt with that on it. They have everything with that on it. I love that show. Glad they have marathons on TBS, like right now...don't matter how many times you have seen it, it always makes me laugh out loud. I think Sheldon and Penny make the show. It is hilarious. Always good on nights with nothing really on. Watching the Voice right now. TEAM BLAKE is kicking butt.
WKYGirl, we did a bunch of survival items early in the thread. Unbelievable list with items you would never think of until you needed them. A couple of regular posters back then, Hicky and Prepper, started a thread with lots of ideas for a survival kit. Here is the website that might be helpful since I am not sure where in the 77,000+ posts other than near the front. lol This site might be quicker:
Surviving What Comes Next *Everyone Should Read*
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/leitchfield-k...
Hello una, imposter, Mr Potato Head, hope you and everyone else had a good day!
I know it is a long post, but faster than responding to each posts as I read them. lol
Dear one, this is one of your nicest posts ever. I hope you are having a nice evening. I am still laughing over the happy kitty song. That was totally cool. Some familiar person seems to be smoking some good happy weed tonight. LOL.

I didn't know, but happy birthday Humpaburn, we love your stories man, songs too. Lol. Keep em' coming.
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

#77906 Dec 11, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
That hurt, harsh man, harsh, get me to a dr. quick... and today is my birthday today at that! Also, this morning thirteen vultures were in the yard where I leave left overs for the creatures, and this was the first time a vulture has been on my place and there was not even any leftovers there,,, I'm begining to see a theme here.
I just couldn't help it. LOL But HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Since we were talking about hawks, vultures, crows and buzzards yesterday I had to read up on all that today. When I get something on my mind I just have to know the answer! lol I'm trying to figure out how to tell who's who. We have one of them fly over the house every day, well it's anywhere from 1-4 at a time. Today they must have been circling the house because I could see their HUGE shadow on the ground from in the house. I have seen hawks here and I heard one this morning but I think it's turkey vultures that come by every day. We need some crows too! lol Anyhow....
I hope you had a Happy Birthday!:)
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

#77907 Dec 11, 2012
Imposter I do like you being nice too.:) And Una, you as well.:) It has just always bothered me to think of people getting their feelings hurt for no reason. I've been there, not fun. Especially not fun when people gang up on you for no reason. I think sometimes we have no idea how deep our words can cut somebody. Take care you two.

Goodnite all. Sleep warm!
Frightened

Tempe, AZ

#77910 Dec 11, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny fake Imposter. lol Save your howling, the full moon was last weekend. It is a sad day for all who love animals, especially a special one as this wolf shot legally outside the protected land it roamed.
Have a goodnight!
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>They have certainly left my comments up, what few I've made here, that is.
On the wolf thing, that is atrocious. I have nothing against hunters, don't see what they get out of killing for sport, but as long as it's legal and in season I can't say much about them.
I myself hate to kill any animal unless absolutely necessary. I hunt for food, only when and if I need that food. I have killed varmints trying to get at my livestock, hated to do it, but had too.
Good night everyone.
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Good night to you as well, Imposter. See you tomorrow.
I'm going to hit it myself. The day sure got away from me, hehe. God bless you all.
Chat tomorrow!!
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof*
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear one, this is one of your nicest posts ever. I hope you are having a nice evening. I am still laughing over the happy kitty song. That was totally cool. Some familiar person seems to be smoking some good happy weed tonight. LOL.
I didn't know, but happy birthday Humpaburn, we love your stories man, songs too. Lol. Keep em' coming.
W KY Girl wrote:
Imposter I do like you being nice too.:) And Una, you as well.:) It has just always bothered me to think of people getting their feelings hurt for no reason. I've been there, not fun. Especially not fun when people gang up on you for no reason. I think sometimes we have no idea how deep our words can cut somebody. Take care you two.
Goodnite all. Sleep warm!
Ok, now you guy's being nice to each other is scaring me!
So it's true!
The world really is coming to an end!
Goodnight all. And God bless.:-)
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

#77911 Dec 11, 2012
shortpuppypower wrote:
I Seen batman fall from the sky.
I hope you helped him up!:)
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

#77912 Dec 11, 2012
Daaaang it is colder than a well digger's arse out there!!! I don't like winter and I promise to whine until spring! lol I wonder if I was kidnapped at birth from Florida...hmmm?
Ancient Wolf, your pizza sounds good. I love mozerella, green & black olives, mushrooms, and a bunch of onions... and some meat too I suppose. Have you ever tried pineapple on your pizza? The first time I had it a Mexican guy got me to try it. It's good! I remembered this dough recipe from Mother Earth News magazine, yes my tree hugger magazine. lol I've tried it and its pretty good and not too hard to make. I make it in a big cast iron skillet. Here is the link to it: http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/easy...
I've also made pizzas on tortillas (soft taco shells). I use Newman's Own marinara spaghetti sauce then add the toppings and cook it in the toaster oven. It's pretty quick to put together and actually pretty dang good! I haven't made them in a while, need to do that. Mom likes them too. We got hooked on them for a little while. lol
You guys ought to check out Mother Earth News magazine. I've got it for several years and I love it! It's not really too tree huggerish, just sounds that way.:)
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#77913 Dec 12, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I just couldn't help it. LOL But HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Since we were talking about hawks, vultures, crows and buzzards yesterday I had to read up on all that today. When I get something on my mind I just have to know the answer! lol I'm trying to figure out how to tell who's who. We have one of them fly over the house every day, well it's anywhere from 1-4 at a time. Today they must have been circling the house because I could see their HUGE shadow on the ground from in the house. I have seen hawks here and I heard one this morning but I think it's turkey vultures that come by every day. We need some crows too! lol Anyhow....
I hope you had a Happy Birthday!:)
@Hempburn.. I hope your day was good. Mine is tomorrow and my lady friend is coming back and we will go to Paul's Discounts in Somerset. If that place don't have it, you don't need it. I have even bought stove pipes there before. I hope they are still in business. We usually only go once a year since it is fairly far from here. They had a lot of hardware and crafty stuff (that my lady friend likes). Also fishing and hunting gear and outdoor clothing. Stuff you can't get at Walmart, including horseshoes.

@W KY Girl. THe ones circiling are most likely vultures or buzzards and are usually black in color. They ride the wind updrafts looking for dead stuff and only flap their wings when needed to catch the next updraft and can circle for hours. If they have alit on the ground to eat road kill or such, don't get close to them. Their natural defense is to puke on you and can shoot puke for several yards. LOL Little birds are not frightened by them. If you are out on your lawn, don't lay idle too long on the grass. They might think you are on the memu. LOL Just kidding.

Hawks are more straight line "fast wing" flyers just going from the top of one dead tree to the next. They will be smaller than the buzzards and are typically a grayish-white. They sit in the top of the dead trees looking for field mice and such. If crows or other birds are chasing, they are most likely hawks.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#77914 Dec 12, 2012
I did look online and it appears that Paul's Discounts is still in business and also has lots of Christmas decor and sewing needs.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#77916 Dec 12, 2012
Another very cold morning. Going to sit and wait for the sun to come up, and watch all the birds!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#77917 Dec 12, 2012
Good morning, everyone. Waking up to another chilly, but beautiful Kentucky day. Of course, everyday that you wake up is a beautiful day. Hi, Roaminginsomniac. I guess I am not the only one to rise this morning. The birds are awake here.

Location hidden

#77918 Dec 12, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Beings as you stated that wolf was collared, the hunter had to have noticed it. NO HUNTER that I personally know would shoot any animal that was collared, tagged, branded, nadda. I doubt seriously he felt any pangs until he was found out and it was made public. I might be wrong about him, but I'll stay wrong regardless of the circumstances around the case. I can't bring myself to Google the story. I don't like things such as that. So I'll rely on you all to tell me if I'm wrong about him and he shot it by mistake. I still say he had to have seen the collar.. Specifically if he was using a scope. Even though my shotgun has a scope on it, I've NEVER killed a living creature with it. Never been hungry enough or broke enough to have to. But I can still see a fly on a tree with that scope, so you'll have a hard time convincing me that he was clueless.
I can't watch hunting shows on t.v. either. Even "The Swamp People" was too much for me. Killing those gators in their own habitat with baits and trot lines just hurts my heart to the core. Gators that far back into the wilds of the bayous are NOT a threat to humanity. Go after the ones that stray too close and become RUINED because idiots illegally feed them for a thrill, thinking it's "cool"...
God bless that wolfs spirit as it makes his way back home to the Creator.
Human beings. They strike again.
I don't watch those shows either, except that I will occasionally tune in to Call of the Wild featuring Turtle Man. He's a local guy who is really very kind and considerate to all. People in the town don't like it because it portrays them as "redneck". Turtle man is just country and very unique. He has done very well for himself financially. He is still a very humble guy and makes time for the kids when they see him. He does overdramatize his exploits, but he's O.K. in my book. Believe it or not, he made it to Fox network this morning. I'll bet that a lot of the naysaying locals have not been to all the places he has recently. LOL. By the way, he really loves all animals and has been relocating them to safe places for years.My pond is overloaded with snapping turtles. I may call him over one day. People who have volunteered to get them out want to eat them. I say, "Not my turtles."
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77919 Dec 12, 2012
Good morning. There is a heavy frost out there this morning, things look iced over. I guess it's about time to put the mickey thompsons on the jeep and store the street tires until spring.
The three stooges are scratching around outside looking for anything to eat, they will have to wait until this pot of java is gone.

Have a nice day, peace out.

Location hidden

#77920 Dec 12, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, hopefully AW. LOL. People need to put the pencil to the paper. I found this out when my mom was living. She had Medicare and an outrageous secondary ins. that just kept increasing. She told me one day it had gone up again. I found it would be cheaper to drop it and pay the 20% Medicare out of her own pocket. That it was. When my Company retirement insurance benefits ran out, that's exactly what I did.
Oh, AW I will be getting a $16.00 raise on my crazy check in 2013. I'm not jumping to high yet, no telling how much Medicare will increase. Maybe I'll have enough to buy a 13 oz. can of coffee at the Dollar Store. Dang that Southgate and Wolf Brand chili though. Nasty.
My check went up by $18.00. I guess that I am wealthier than you, LOL. I don't get a crazy check, though. I hear that it is easier to get than physical disability. Guess the government knows that it is driving people crazy. However, Part B Medicare is going up next year, so that takes care of the big raise. I have kept a Medicare Supplement insurance policy. Costs a lot, but it pays for all deductibles, 20% copay, etc. I was really glad that I had it last spring and summer or I would be up shizz creek without the paddle. Medical bills are SO expensive. One of the medications that I needed to cure a rare infection cost $1600.00 a week. I needed 2 weeks' supply. By the time the second week came around, though, I only had to pay $77.00 because I fell into the"catastrophic" category. It would have been a catastrophy if I had to pay the entire amount. Either that or plant myself 6 feet under.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#77921 Dec 12, 2012
I don't have a letter yet and don't know what I will get after Part B increases, or if I will get anything or come out in the hole. I don't have a supplement, I guess my military time is still worth a little something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min dollarsbill 132,117
Cody Carnes 2 hr molly 4
terry smith from the creek 2 hr molly 8
jason hughes 4 hr stranger 2
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 7 hr kim 186
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 12 hr friend 16
dinky phipps 12 hr Comment 14
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info