Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
66,021 - 66,040 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#77849 Dec 11, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I don't get overly zealous about long term "prepping" and leave that in the hands of the CREATOR. I just try to prepare for the short term.
Being in between the Nashville and Louisville zoo, I will begin to worry if the snow gets so deep the Giraffes have to stand on their heads to fart.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77850 Dec 11, 2012
Shucks, mail lady's jeep came and went and I did not get to wave. She only brought some "Resident" mail, but the dog can't read without his glasses.

W KY Girl

Cary, IL

#77851 Dec 11, 2012
Speaking of emergencies, natural disasters and that sort of thing - I have been working on a "bug out bag" (BOB) as it's called by the serious preppers. Come to find out I already had a lot of the stuff, it was just scattered around the house here and there. I'm gathering it all up and putting it all in one backpack so I can get to it (all of it) should something happen. I think a lot of times we forget how serious a disaster could really be. In May of 2011 I guess I got a reality check on just how close we are to the New Madrid fault line. Because of all of the flooding they decided to blow a two mile long hole in the Bird's Point/New Madrid Levee. They blew the hole in two different explosions. We had heard them talking about it but as usual we weren't real concerned because it didn't affect us. I'm not sure but I'd guess we live at least 75-100 miles from that levee but when they blew that thing it rattled our front door real good! It soulded like somebody had tried to open the door to comme in but it was locked. I even got up to go see who it was at the door and looked around outside when nobody was at the door! lol So, should the big earthquake happen I figure I better be somewhat prepared. A lot of people say, "Oh it's not going to happen!" Well it has happened before! Reelfoot Lake in TN was made when an earlier New Madrid earthquake made the river run backwards! I think a BOB (bug out bag) would make a fine Christmas present! lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#77853 Dec 11, 2012
I've had my personal bug out bag made for months. Don't forget though to diligently rotate anything in there that may expire, like aspirin, vitamins, sanitizers, etc. Even water purification tablets have a time frame for expiration dates. You'd not want to have to use it only to find that your supplies are not viable any longer..

I might Ebay off my bug out bag. Chances are sounding pretty fair that I'll not be around to use it anyway, so I've about figured that I might as well get a few bucks for it and have some fun before I check out. I'll know for sure within the next week or so.

I got some bad news from my doctor the other day.. I wasn't extremely shocked, I kind of suspected "this" for some time now already and knew that eventually something tangible would rear it's ugly head thanks to my doctors and all of tests that they've been ordering lately.

So the "monster" inside me was brought out of hiding and I'm aware of it now, paperwork and tests for proof.. Suspecting an illness and then finding out that your suspicions are true fact, well it's sobering folks. Very sobering.. I've not told the family yet. Going to hold off for a while, at least until after the holidays if I can get by with it for that long..

So if any of you kind users out there believe in the power of prayer, I can use all of them I can get. Don't want to go into any deep personal details here, but things aren't looking very good for old Nope as it stands right now... Say a prayer and keep me in your thoughts. It's going to be a rocky road to hoe and I'm not yet sure what options I'm going to choose for treatment..

_-_Nope_-_
*Poof* for now..........
W KY Girl

Cary, IL

#77854 Dec 11, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've had my personal bug out bag made for months. Don't forget though to diligently rotate anything in there that may expire, like aspirin, vitamins, sanitizers, etc. Even water purification tablets have a time frame for expiration dates. You'd not want to have to use it only to find that your supplies are not viable any longer..
I might Ebay off my bug out bag. Chances are sounding pretty fair that I'll not be around to use it anyway, so I've about figured that I might as well get a few bucks for it and have some fun before I check out. I'll know for sure within the next week or so.
I got some bad news from my doctor the other day.. I wasn't extremely shocked, I kind of suspected "this" for some time now already and knew that eventually something tangible would rear it's ugly head thanks to my doctors and all of tests that they've been ordering lately.
So the "monster" inside me was brought out of hiding and I'm aware of it now, paperwork and tests for proof.. Suspecting an illness and then finding out that your suspicions are true fact, well it's sobering folks. Very sobering.. I've not told the family yet. Going to hold off for a while, at least until after the holidays if I can get by with it for that long..
So if any of you kind users out there believe in the power of prayer, I can use all of them I can get. Don't want to go into any deep personal details here, but things aren't looking very good for old Nope as it stands right now... Say a prayer and keep me in your thoughts. It's going to be a rocky road to hoe and I'm not yet sure what options I'm going to choose for treatment..
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof* for now..........
Nope, I hate to hear this!:( Whatever it is, don't give up and do your best to keep a positive outlook. Of course I have no idea your problem but should it be cancer of any kind please check into Rick Stevens and Hemp Oil. Also, read up on Hedge Apples and their effect on cancer. Oh yes I do believe in the power of prayer and I will remember you in mine! Take care.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#77855 Dec 11, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Shucks, mail lady's jeep came and went and I did not get to wave. She only brought some "Resident" mail, but the dog can't read without his glasses.
Oh yes, I forgot all of the fabulous gigantic discount on a hearing aid ads, when I didn't even know they cost the amount of the savings. I think I hear more than I need to without a hearing aid. I heard the mail lady's vehicle, but I dread going. I going to have to buy a wheelborrow to haul all of that junk mail in. I was burning it at the mailbox, but has almost caught the pavement on fire.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77856 Dec 11, 2012
Sometimes when one asks for prayers, it is assumed that they are asking for physical healing powers. That is not always the case.

Quite often they are only asking for the mental strength and support to accept what lies around the bend at the end of the trail. As my father was passing after a long period of suffering and the day before he passed, he knew it and smiled and said "My prayers will be answered".

I have finally come to understand that his prayer was not for himself, but for the Peace and Comfort for those he was leaving behind. We always thought his prayer was not answered, BUT IT WAS!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77857 Dec 11, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, I forgot all of the fabulous gigantic discount on a hearing aid ads, when I didn't even know they cost the amount of the savings. I think I hear more than I need to without a hearing aid. I heard the mail lady's vehicle, but I dread going. I going to have to buy a wheelborrow to haul all of that junk mail in. I was burning it at the mailbox, but has almost caught the pavement on fire.
Hopefully, some of that Medicare supplement junk will stop since the dead line to switch was Dec. 7th.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#77858 Dec 11, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof* for now..........
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your illness. I certainly will say a prayer for you. BTW, prayers really do work, and I am living proof. I should have been dead for awhile now, and I even shocked the doctors about my survival. I was extremely ill for about 6 months, from the end of last March through September. I had 2 major surgeries and three smaller ones during this time period. I had numerous people praying for me. It was not easy,but I survived. Now, I'm slowly getting back to my old self. I had several doctors shaking their heads in amazement. So, don't give up. None of us knows what the next day will bring, but if you remain positive you have a chance. Depression is the worst enemy during any major illness. I know that it is very hard to remain upbeat when the news is bad, but you have to try to carry on. Put your life in God's hands, and he will do the rest.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#77859 Dec 11, 2012
@Nope: If your problem is cancer, read up on the new developments in gene therapy. Perhaps you saw the recent news about the 7 year-old girl who was at death's door. Her parents were prepared for the worst. The doctors tried gene therapy as a last resort for her leukemia (which is a type of cancer of the blood) by inserting genetic material which attacked the cancer cells. And it worked. The ironic thing is that the genetic material was obtained from the blood of AIDS patients. Essentially, the doctors used one deadly disease to cure another.
She is now in remission and regrowing the hair that she lost during an unsuccessful attempt at chemotherapy. The news story reported very successful results in 10 patients who underwent this cutting-edge treatment. Ask your doctor about this, if cancer is a problem.
Mr Potato head

Paducah, KY

#77860 Dec 11, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof* for now..........
Hi Nope. I will say some prayers for you. I'm sorry about your news. It will all work out for the best. I've been where your at and it is a very sobering day to say the least. It was something I nor anyone else, even Drs thought would pull out of. But you know what?...I pulled out just fine and it's all in the past now. Keep your head up, God Bless
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#77861 Dec 11, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Being in between the Nashville and Louisville zoo, I will begin to worry if the snow gets so deep the Giraffes have to stand on their heads to fart.
Now you really have me laughing!!Cold here today,some specks of snow last evening,but sunny outside.Put on the last of yard fertilizer.Saw my maple tree beginning to have a curled root at the base,guess it will have to be cut.STAY WARM!!HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year to all!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#77862 Dec 11, 2012
Nope---Been where you are for 10 years now.You just never know what new things they are coming up with.And we never know when this type of news and stress will come up.Keep an open mind,do what you can to stave of the bad part and enjoy what is left.Have as good a Christmass as possible,and may God Bless you and yours.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#77864 Dec 11, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you really have me laughing!!Cold here today,some specks of snow last evening,but sunny outside.Put on the last of yard fertilizer.Saw my maple tree beginning to have a curled root at the base,guess it will have to be cut.STAY WARM!!HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year to all!
Hello Whitehair, it's been a cold one here today. I took a very quick at my trees today. Lol. Best of everything to you also kind sir.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#77866 Dec 11, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, some of that Medicare supplement junk will stop since the dead line to switch was Dec. 7th.
Yes, hopefully AW. LOL. People need to put the pencil to the paper. I found this out when my mom was living. She had Medicare and an outrageous secondary ins. that just kept increasing. She told me one day it had gone up again. I found it would be cheaper to drop it and pay the 20% Medicare out of her own pocket. That it was. When my Company retirement insurance benefits ran out, that's exactly what I did.

Oh, AW I will be getting a $16.00 raise on my crazy check in 2013. I'm not jumping to high yet, no telling how much Medicare will increase. Maybe I'll have enough to buy a 13 oz. can of coffee at the Dollar Store. Dang that Southgate and Wolf Brand chili though. Nasty.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77867 Dec 11, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I, with you, Hempburn. It's obscene what they pay those skinny women to do commercials. The rest of us live on peanuts. Anyway, I like my coffee the best. Wonder how much they paid "Juan Valdez" to do the coffee commercials.
You can bet it was not 50 million dollars. That is 50, million, dollars they have make before they turn the first dime profit next year. I bet it don't even taste like her, lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77868 Dec 11, 2012
Dogs can talk. I just asked my dog "Where is your toy"? He took off to the bedroom and crawled under the bed and brought it out for me to see.

I am cooking pizza to share with my friend. I can make a pizza for about $4 and it is better than the ones you buy at $16 or more. You folks have a good evening.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77869 Dec 11, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
Also, if you have friends/family who use to take the meds you need and they don't take them anymore - ask them if you can have their old meds. Yeah that's probably illegal but really you wouldn't be doing anything morally wrong.
"Prepare for the worst, HOPE for the best!" But above all, trust in the Lord.:)
Here is a little med tip, when you get a prescription with 6 refills for example,, buy all six at once. If you buy one, and loose it, you will not get another for 30 days or whatever was supposed to be left in the bottle, and will be up crap creek, but they will gladly let you fill all of them at once. Not a lot of sence, but that's how it works.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#77870 Dec 11, 2012
Howdy, poster and posterettes. I spent the bulk of the afternoon resting, staring at the walls a lot and pondering on things.. I feel much better about this situation now. I've always been a person of faith, so there's no reason to doubt that faith now. It is what it is. I'm blessed.

(Plus the occasional Xanax hasn't hurt me one single bit! Accolades of extreme thanks going out to my wonderful team of doctors for that little happy-happy-joy-joy gem of delight. It's helped calm me down enough to put things into perspective, realistically speaking)....

AW, I laughed out loud about your dog going to get it's toy, LOL! That shows us all right there that they can also reason. It remembered WHERE that toy was. Hence, there was some doggy thinking taking place on it's part as to why it put that toy there for safe keeping in the first place, hehe! I just adore animals. All animals, even in the wild. They bring me peace.

Well, time to conjure up some dinner. Might be eggs and toast, who knows.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. In case no one has told you lately, you're ALL very much appreciated. And that's not just because of the "now" thing I'm facing. I always looked forward to logging in to see what everyone was up to. That hasn't changed one iota. And it won't...

Chat later!!

_-_Nope_-_
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77871 Dec 11, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Howdy, poster and posterettes. I spent the bulk of the afternoon resting, staring at the walls a lot and pondering on things.. I feel much better about this situation now. I've always been a person of faith, so there's no reason to doubt that faith now. It is what it is. I'm blessed.
(Plus the occasional Xanax hasn't hurt me one single bit! Accolades of extreme thanks going out to my wonderful team of doctors for that little happy-happy-joy-joy gem of delight. It's helped calm me down enough to put things into perspective, realistically speaking)....
AW, I laughed out loud about your dog going to get it's toy, LOL! That shows us all right there that they can also reason. It remembered WHERE that toy was. Hence, there was some doggy thinking taking place on it's part as to why it put that toy there for safe keeping in the first place, hehe! I just adore animals. All animals, even in the wild. They bring me peace.
Well, time to conjure up some dinner. Might be eggs and toast, who knows.
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. In case no one has told you lately, you're ALL very much appreciated. And that's not just because of the "now" thing I'm facing. I always looked forward to logging in to see what everyone was up to. That hasn't changed one iota. And it won't...
Chat later!!
_-_Nope_-_
Nope,, I don't know you, but you seem like a good person and in my book that makes you all right in my book, so I sincerely wish you the best in whatever you are facing. Now lay back and I will sing you the happy kitty song so you can sleep:

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur, happy kitty,sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 19 min Uninformed idiot 2,027
drive thru beauty 38 min eye at u 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr ms_Sweeter 3,500
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Limbertwig 151,434
Rickie smith from1304 4 hr maybe 4
Holly or Nikki who will Brett pick 5 hr Old friends 3
stacy and eddie afair at union 5 hr really 9
Kentucky Fried Chicken 7 hr chicky 12
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••