Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,787

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#77858 Dec 11, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've had my personal bug out bag made for months. Don't forget though to diligently rotate anything in there that may expire, like aspirin, vitamins, sanitizers, etc. Even water purification tablets have a time frame for expiration dates. You'd not want to have to use it only to find that your supplies are not viable any longer..
I might Ebay off my bug out bag. Chances are sounding pretty fair that I'll not be around to use it anyway, so I've about figured that I might as well get a few bucks for it and have some fun before I check out. I'll know for sure within the next week or so.
I got some bad news from my doctor the other day.. I wasn't extremely shocked, I kind of suspected "this" for some time now already and knew that eventually something tangible would rear it's ugly head thanks to my doctors and all of tests that they've been ordering lately.
So the "monster" inside me was brought out of hiding and I'm aware of it now, paperwork and tests for proof.. Suspecting an illness and then finding out that your suspicions are true fact, well it's sobering folks. Very sobering.. I've not told the family yet. Going to hold off for a while, at least until after the holidays if I can get by with it for that long..
So if any of you kind users out there believe in the power of prayer, I can use all of them I can get. Don't want to go into any deep personal details here, but things aren't looking very good for old Nope as it stands right now... Say a prayer and keep me in your thoughts. It's going to be a rocky road to hoe and I'm not yet sure what options I'm going to choose for treatment..
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof* for now..........
Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your illness. I certainly will say a prayer for you. BTW, prayers really do work, and I am living proof. I should have been dead for awhile now, and I even shocked the doctors about my survival. I was extremely ill for about 6 months, from the end of last March through September. I had 2 major surgeries and three smaller ones during this time period. I had numerous people praying for me. It was not easy,but I survived. Now, I'm slowly getting back to my old self. I had several doctors shaking their heads in amazement. So, don't give up. None of us knows what the next day will bring, but if you remain positive you have a chance. Depression is the worst enemy during any major illness. I know that it is very hard to remain upbeat when the news is bad, but you have to try to carry on. Put your life in God's hands, and he will do the rest.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#77859 Dec 11, 2012
@Nope: If your problem is cancer, read up on the new developments in gene therapy. Perhaps you saw the recent news about the 7 year-old girl who was at death's door. Her parents were prepared for the worst. The doctors tried gene therapy as a last resort for her leukemia (which is a type of cancer of the blood) by inserting genetic material which attacked the cancer cells. And it worked. The ironic thing is that the genetic material was obtained from the blood of AIDS patients. Essentially, the doctors used one deadly disease to cure another.
She is now in remission and regrowing the hair that she lost during an unsuccessful attempt at chemotherapy. The news story reported very successful results in 10 patients who underwent this cutting-edge treatment. Ask your doctor about this, if cancer is a problem.
Mr Potato head

Paducah, KY

#77860 Dec 11, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've had my personal bug out bag made for months. Don't forget though to diligently rotate anything in there that may expire, like aspirin, vitamins, sanitizers, etc. Even water purification tablets have a time frame for expiration dates. You'd not want to have to use it only to find that your supplies are not viable any longer..
I might Ebay off my bug out bag. Chances are sounding pretty fair that I'll not be around to use it anyway, so I've about figured that I might as well get a few bucks for it and have some fun before I check out. I'll know for sure within the next week or so.
I got some bad news from my doctor the other day.. I wasn't extremely shocked, I kind of suspected "this" for some time now already and knew that eventually something tangible would rear it's ugly head thanks to my doctors and all of tests that they've been ordering lately.
So the "monster" inside me was brought out of hiding and I'm aware of it now, paperwork and tests for proof.. Suspecting an illness and then finding out that your suspicions are true fact, well it's sobering folks. Very sobering.. I've not told the family yet. Going to hold off for a while, at least until after the holidays if I can get by with it for that long..
So if any of you kind users out there believe in the power of prayer, I can use all of them I can get. Don't want to go into any deep personal details here, but things aren't looking very good for old Nope as it stands right now... Say a prayer and keep me in your thoughts. It's going to be a rocky road to hoe and I'm not yet sure what options I'm going to choose for treatment..
_-_Nope_-_
*Poof* for now..........
Hi Nope. I will say some prayers for you. I'm sorry about your news. It will all work out for the best. I've been where your at and it is a very sobering day to say the least. It was something I nor anyone else, even Drs thought would pull out of. But you know what?...I pulled out just fine and it's all in the past now. Keep your head up, God Bless
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#77861 Dec 11, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Being in between the Nashville and Louisville zoo, I will begin to worry if the snow gets so deep the Giraffes have to stand on their heads to fart.
Now you really have me laughing!!Cold here today,some specks of snow last evening,but sunny outside.Put on the last of yard fertilizer.Saw my maple tree beginning to have a curled root at the base,guess it will have to be cut.STAY WARM!!HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year to all!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#77862 Dec 11, 2012
Nope---Been where you are for 10 years now.You just never know what new things they are coming up with.And we never know when this type of news and stress will come up.Keep an open mind,do what you can to stave of the bad part and enjoy what is left.Have as good a Christmass as possible,and may God Bless you and yours.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#77864 Dec 11, 2012
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you really have me laughing!!Cold here today,some specks of snow last evening,but sunny outside.Put on the last of yard fertilizer.Saw my maple tree beginning to have a curled root at the base,guess it will have to be cut.STAY WARM!!HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS and Happy New Year to all!
Hello Whitehair, it's been a cold one here today. I took a very quick at my trees today. Lol. Best of everything to you also kind sir.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#77866 Dec 11, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully, some of that Medicare supplement junk will stop since the dead line to switch was Dec. 7th.
Yes, hopefully AW. LOL. People need to put the pencil to the paper. I found this out when my mom was living. She had Medicare and an outrageous secondary ins. that just kept increasing. She told me one day it had gone up again. I found it would be cheaper to drop it and pay the 20% Medicare out of her own pocket. That it was. When my Company retirement insurance benefits ran out, that's exactly what I did.

Oh, AW I will be getting a $16.00 raise on my crazy check in 2013. I'm not jumping to high yet, no telling how much Medicare will increase. Maybe I'll have enough to buy a 13 oz. can of coffee at the Dollar Store. Dang that Southgate and Wolf Brand chili though. Nasty.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77867 Dec 11, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I, with you, Hempburn. It's obscene what they pay those skinny women to do commercials. The rest of us live on peanuts. Anyway, I like my coffee the best. Wonder how much they paid "Juan Valdez" to do the coffee commercials.
You can bet it was not 50 million dollars. That is 50, million, dollars they have make before they turn the first dime profit next year. I bet it don't even taste like her, lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#77868 Dec 11, 2012
Dogs can talk. I just asked my dog "Where is your toy"? He took off to the bedroom and crawled under the bed and brought it out for me to see.

I am cooking pizza to share with my friend. I can make a pizza for about $4 and it is better than the ones you buy at $16 or more. You folks have a good evening.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77869 Dec 11, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
Also, if you have friends/family who use to take the meds you need and they don't take them anymore - ask them if you can have their old meds. Yeah that's probably illegal but really you wouldn't be doing anything morally wrong.
"Prepare for the worst, HOPE for the best!" But above all, trust in the Lord.:)
Here is a little med tip, when you get a prescription with 6 refills for example,, buy all six at once. If you buy one, and loose it, you will not get another for 30 days or whatever was supposed to be left in the bottle, and will be up crap creek, but they will gladly let you fill all of them at once. Not a lot of sence, but that's how it works.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#77870 Dec 11, 2012
Howdy, poster and posterettes. I spent the bulk of the afternoon resting, staring at the walls a lot and pondering on things.. I feel much better about this situation now. I've always been a person of faith, so there's no reason to doubt that faith now. It is what it is. I'm blessed.

(Plus the occasional Xanax hasn't hurt me one single bit! Accolades of extreme thanks going out to my wonderful team of doctors for that little happy-happy-joy-joy gem of delight. It's helped calm me down enough to put things into perspective, realistically speaking)....

AW, I laughed out loud about your dog going to get it's toy, LOL! That shows us all right there that they can also reason. It remembered WHERE that toy was. Hence, there was some doggy thinking taking place on it's part as to why it put that toy there for safe keeping in the first place, hehe! I just adore animals. All animals, even in the wild. They bring me peace.

Well, time to conjure up some dinner. Might be eggs and toast, who knows.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. In case no one has told you lately, you're ALL very much appreciated. And that's not just because of the "now" thing I'm facing. I always looked forward to logging in to see what everyone was up to. That hasn't changed one iota. And it won't...

Chat later!!

_-_Nope_-_
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77871 Dec 11, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Howdy, poster and posterettes. I spent the bulk of the afternoon resting, staring at the walls a lot and pondering on things.. I feel much better about this situation now. I've always been a person of faith, so there's no reason to doubt that faith now. It is what it is. I'm blessed.
(Plus the occasional Xanax hasn't hurt me one single bit! Accolades of extreme thanks going out to my wonderful team of doctors for that little happy-happy-joy-joy gem of delight. It's helped calm me down enough to put things into perspective, realistically speaking)....
AW, I laughed out loud about your dog going to get it's toy, LOL! That shows us all right there that they can also reason. It remembered WHERE that toy was. Hence, there was some doggy thinking taking place on it's part as to why it put that toy there for safe keeping in the first place, hehe! I just adore animals. All animals, even in the wild. They bring me peace.
Well, time to conjure up some dinner. Might be eggs and toast, who knows.
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. In case no one has told you lately, you're ALL very much appreciated. And that's not just because of the "now" thing I'm facing. I always looked forward to logging in to see what everyone was up to. That hasn't changed one iota. And it won't...
Chat later!!
_-_Nope_-_
Nope,, I don't know you, but you seem like a good person and in my book that makes you all right in my book, so I sincerely wish you the best in whatever you are facing. Now lay back and I will sing you the happy kitty song so you can sleep:

Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur, happy kitty,sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#77872 Dec 11, 2012
Awwww, how sweet!
BAZINGA!
BAZINGA!!
Thanks, Hemp!!
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

#77873 Dec 11, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a little med tip, when you get a prescription with 6 refills for example,, buy all six at once. If you buy one, and loose it, you will not get another for 30 days or whatever was supposed to be left in the bottle, and will be up crap creek, but they will gladly let you fill all of them at once. Not a lot of sence, but that's how it works.
Hi Hemp. Well it doesn't work like that for me or my mom. My insurance will only pay for the one perscription at a time. Mom's Medicare is the same way. I've gone for refills before and them tell me it's too early.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#77874 Dec 11, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Hemp. Well it doesn't work like that for me or my mom. My insurance will only pay for the one perscription at a time. Mom's Medicare is the same way. I've gone for refills before and them tell me it's too early.
Shame did not know they could do that. I take a blood pressure pill and I get all six refills at one time. Perhaps your medication has a shelf life. I know when my buddy goes abroad he gets like three months at a time. Oh well, back to the blackboard.
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

#77875 Dec 11, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame did not know they could do that. I take a blood pressure pill and I get all six refills at one time. Perhaps your medication has a shelf life. I know when my buddy goes abroad he gets like three months at a time. Oh well, back to the blackboard.
My insurance will do a three month supply but it has to be written as one prescription. I think the one asking though is taking one of those drugs that the doctor has to write the prescription for each month, maybe a narcotic. It sure would be nice to get a six month supply and not have to go back every month.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#77876 Dec 11, 2012
I can't pick up any of my meds like that either, unfortunately. I can't even go pick them up one day early or my insurance carrier will deny payment on them. I guess the best scenario for those of us who have that problem is to ask our doctors to write every script out for a 90 day supply each time.

These insurance companies, I swear. And it's only going to get worse the closer we get to Obamacare. I'm already seeing drastic changes in my coverage, my deductibles, my co-pays and even the changing costs of the meds I've been taking long term..
W KY Girl

Crete, IL

#77877 Dec 11, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Shame did not know they could do that. I take a blood pressure pill and I get all six refills at one time. Perhaps your medication has a shelf life. I know when my buddy goes abroad he gets like three months at a time. Oh well, back to the blackboard.
Blackboard!?! How old are you??? hehehe Sorry, I couldn't resist.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#77878 Dec 11, 2012
Good evening topix posters. Hope you are staying warm. They say the temps will rise as it gets to the weekend. I am so happy about that. We have over 2000 graves (mom&dad too) to decorate Saturday in our annual Wreaths Across America at the Veteran's Cemetery outside Fort Knox. It is some humbling feeling to see all of them when we are done. Like Arlington. It is beautiful when it snows. I sent pictures to a few regular posters last year. If you are a near one of the Veteran's Cemeteries try to make it. Those cemeteries are filling up fast. Very Sad. Those are our heroes.

Nope, I cannot express anything that others have not already here, but I will definitely make you part of my prayers. I know that they work. I have seen over and over in my family and with friends. It has been a hard year on me losing so many people dear to me, my Mom being the hardest of them all. Stay positive, as you have seen here, many have been there, that little girl with the HIV Blood treatment story was something, I am constantly praying for a cure. Lala, she is correct in her long road this year, she did amaze the doctors as well as all of us. She is a miracle. I couldn't say anything while she was off the thread on why, but all I wanted to say really was pray for her but couldn't since it was personal and she had not put it out here.

AW, "Quite often they are only asking for the mental strength and support to accept what lies around the bend at the end of the trail. As my father was passing after a long period of suffering and the day before he passed, he knew it and smiled and said "My prayers will be answered"." That is so true. My Mom said the same thing pretty much and I told you about her three wishes coming true. Prayers are powerful. We started a prayer chain for a friend with breast cancer diagnoised and she was where Nope is trying to come to grips with it, but after friends shared with her and kept the prayers going she was lifted and after surgery she said she felt the power of prayer and knew she would get good news. She did.
I hope you enjoyed your pizza night.

OJG gave a lot of herbal remedies and research she did on it and shared alot of it on this thread. Wish she would post again. Always interesting and helpful posts.

lala, you did amaze us as we have told you when she and I were emailing and calling the hospital. We were so happy you got better and went home where they really missed and needed you.((HUGS))
Hempburn, you are killing me with the soft kitty...hahahaha I ordered a nightshirt with that on it. They have everything with that on it. I love that show. Glad they have marathons on TBS, like right now...don't matter how many times you have seen it, it always makes me laugh out loud. I think Sheldon and Penny make the show. It is hilarious. Always good on nights with nothing really on. Watching the Voice right now. TEAM BLAKE is kicking butt.

WKYGirl, we did a bunch of survival items early in the thread. Unbelievable list with items you would never think of until you needed them. A couple of regular posters back then, Hicky and Prepper, started a thread with lots of ideas for a survival kit. Here is the website that might be helpful since I am not sure where in the 77,000+ posts other than near the front. lol This site might be quicker:

Surviving What Comes Next *Everyone Should Read*
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/leitchfield-k...

Hello una, imposter, Mr Potato Head, hope you and everyone else had a good day!

I know it is a long post, but faster than responding to each posts as I read them. lol
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#77879 Dec 11, 2012
Hempburn, did you see the upcoming wonders in the sky expected?

Here are 10 tips for watching the 2012 Geminid meteor shower, peaking on the nights of December 13 and 14.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/ten-...

I love #10...

10. As a wise man once said, meteor watching is a lot like fishing. You go outside. You enjoy nature all around you. You hope you catch some!

Meteor Party!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 min Princess Hey 3,747
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 8 min Princess Hey 637
flat lick Hammons Brothers Arrested--joseph/w.f... 49 min Truth Speaker 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 50 min Spur41 72
Rental apartment or house 1 hr Needing to rent 1
Dogs 2 hr Curious 8
CSC starting pay (Nov '11) 2 hr derrick 18
wreck in flat lick 11 hr Lol 5

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at March 03 at 9:15PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:58 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:58AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine
Bleacher Report 3:30 AM
Bengals' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Titans Release Bernard Pollard
NFL 4:12 PM
Titans to release safety Bernard Pollard
NFL 6:04 AM
Bernard Pollard thinks Titans need winning attitude