Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
65,881 - 65,900 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Banks are required by law to report any "cash" transactions exceeding $10,000. I guess that came out of the war on drugs. The last time I tried to buy a vehicle, I told the sales people I would give them $9000 cash now, they hold the truck for 60 days and then I would give them the rest in cash and pick up the vehicle then. They would not agree. They wanted to "finance" the thing and get a kick back on the financing. So I told them to keep it and I am still driving an old clunker and have decided that I will just keep buying and driving clunkers from individuals rather than automobile dealers.
Good morning AW.:) Yeah it has gotten a little ridiulous, no - totally ridiculous! The portion I wanted to pay in cash wasn't even $10,000 and they still wanted proof of where it came from. The loan officer told me, "We have to have a money trail." Every day we get closer and closer to that "cashless society" mentioned in Revelation. Everything from our money to our medical records is going to come down to a card or microchip - "the mark of the beast." Those of us who don't go along with it are going to have problems! And not long ago we couldn't even imagine HOW all of this could even be possible. I do a lot of cash transactions around here and I plan on doing more! As far as those newer cars/trucks, that "On Star" stuff freaks me out beyond belief!!! There have been many vehicles that were stolen then recovered by the gps tracking or by remotely stopping the car - all done by On Star. Shoot, they can just sit and listen to your conversations as you are driving down the road! No thank you! If I did buy a new car I would probably destroy it trying to get all that technology crap out of it! I heard Glen Beck talking about all of this a few days ago on his radio show. He was also talking about those "smart box" or whatever contraptions they are installing on houses through the electric company. NOT HAPPENING HERE! He said that one person refused the smart box and had to pay an extra $15 a month. Fine by me and I'd probably be paying that in cash too! I tell you what, the thought to no electricity and no technology sounds mighty peaceful to me. That sounds better every single day!
W KY Girl

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Y'all should check out this book "Shadow Government" by Grant Jeffrey: http://www.christianbook.com/apps/product... |M
Your local library might have it. Get out your library "card" (that they are so easily tracking and recording ALL of your library transactions with) and go check it out! LOL You know, there was a time that no doubt we would probably have to have been nuts to even consider all these things. Now you're nuts if you don't!

It won't take you long to read that book because you won't be able to put it down!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Still raining. Waiting for it to stop.
Welp

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Yea
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Still raining. Waiting for it to stop.
If it stops and the sun comes out, we might need to mow grass for Christmas LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a web cam, I threw the answering machine in the trash, I have not used credit cards in 15 years or more and I have no cell phone. I buy nothing on-line or watch on-line or pay-to-view movies. I do have caller Id on my corded land line phone and if I get a call from a number I don't recognize such as other than family or friends, I simply do not answer any more and I never call back.
My reasoning for my trashing the answering machine and watching the caller ID was because I was getting calls wanting to speak with my wife. If I answered, I would tell them that I would like to speak to her too since she has been dead now for almost 7 years. Sometimes the caller id states "Unknown" and I figure if they don't want me to know who they are, they don't need to know who I am.
You've got the right idea, AW. I disconnected my landline phone because of too many calls trying to sell me something. I only use the cell phone, so that all my calls are from family, friends, or business associates to whom I have given my phone number. I would love to get rid of the landline entirely, but I have to keep it in order to use my computer. I hate credit cards, but I have to have one so that I can order merchandice I need online. Unfortunately, I don't get out to shop very often. However, we are credit card "freeloaders" because we pay the bill entirely when it comes in at the end of the month. That way I don't pay any of the exorbitant interest rates that credit card companies charge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Good morning, everyone. It's raining hard in my neck of the woods. I had to bribe Stein to go out to his tree this morning. But, rain is better than snow. When I lived in New England, I dreaded winter. Now that I'm acclimated to Kentucky temperatures, I could never go back. I'm on my third and last cup of coffee for the morning. I'm getting as bad as Hempburn with the coffee addiction. But, I've been reading that up to 4 cups of coffee is actually good for your health, and may be protective against cancer.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. It's raining hard in my neck of the woods. I had to bribe Stein to go out to his tree this morning. But, rain is better than snow. When I lived in New England, I dreaded winter. Now that I'm acclimated to Kentucky temperatures, I could never go back. I'm on my third and last cup of coffee for the morning. I'm getting as bad as Hempburn with the coffee addiction. But, I've been reading that up to 4 cups of coffee is actually good for your health, and may be protective against cancer.
I think Juan Valdez is pulling your leg on the Coffee, so he can make enough money to send his pack mule to college.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got the right idea, AW. I disconnected my landline phone because of too many calls trying to sell me something. I only use the cell phone, so that all my calls are from family, friends, or business associates to whom I have given my phone number. I would love to get rid of the landline entirely, but I have to keep it in order to use my computer. I hate credit cards, but I have to have one so that I can order merchandice I need online. Unfortunately, I don't get out to shop very often. However, we are credit card "freeloaders" because we pay the bill entirely when it comes in at the end of the month. That way I don't pay any of the exorbitant interest rates that credit card companies charge.
I don't use a cell phone because it does not get a signal down here in the boondocks where this old hermit chooses to live. I can't get cable tv or even use an antenna here either, so I have to use a Dish or not watch tv at all. I don't shop online or buy any extras. I buy groceries and chicken feed once a month and pay cash. I can control the land line by watching the Caller ID and just refusing to answer unless I already know the caller.

Surprisingly after refusing to answer for the last few years, I don't get that many calls anyways. You can't book a hotel or fly commercially without a credit card, but I don't do either. I only travel to where my old truck will take me on gas bought with cash.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Good morning Roaming from your Scottsville neighbor. It is lovely at this old shack this morning. Raining but the birds are hungry. I saw a sparrow, a Bluejay and a female Cardinal. The female Cardinal was feeding on my birdseed. I know this was a female Cardinal, because she was wearing high heels and earrings. I bought me a bird book just like the greatest bird watcher on here has. It is so cool, how to see 4,000 species of birds in just one day. I'm going to have to break down and make some soot suet cakes though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>I think Juan Valdez is pulling your leg on the Coffee, so he can make enough money to send his pack mule to college.
LOL, You may be right about that, but I got the info. from reliable sources; ie, New England Journal of Medicine. I miss those Juan Valdez commercials. I forgot what brand of coffee he was advertising.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't use a cell phone because it does not get a signal down here in the boondocks where this old hermit chooses to live. I can't get cable tv or even use an antenna here either, so I have to use a Dish or not watch tv at all. I don't shop online or buy any extras. I buy groceries and chicken feed once a month and pay cash. I can control the land line by watching the Caller ID and just refusing to answer unless I already know the caller.
Surprisingly after refusing to answer for the last few years, I don't get that many calls anyways. You can't book a hotel or fly commercially without a credit card, but I don't do either. I only travel to where my old truck will take me on gas bought with cash.
I live in the country as well, but I'm sure that I am not as secluded as you are. I have some neighbors that are within walking distance, but not really close. My closest neighbors are wonderful people. They treat us like we are family. That is very lucky for me. We've lived next door to each other for nearly 15 years. I don't think that I would ever find anyone as kind and thoughtful as they are.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, You may be right about that, but I got the info. from reliable sources; ie, New England Journal of Medicine. I miss those Juan Valdez commercials. I forgot what brand of coffee he was advertising.
Jackie Gleason always had a good line about Mrs. Olsen and the coffee that she advertised with an accent "It's the richest kind". He said he could not understand how an old Swedish woman would know anything about coffee. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Mr. Scruff, do you have some extra outdated flea market peanut butter and chimney soot you could email me? I really need to make some soot suet cakes for my birdie friends. Yours might be too, but my 3rd Wednesday crazy check is as thin as spider webs right not. If you don't have the peanut butter at least send the soot. Thanks.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was Folgers. LOL.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

I also liked what Jackie Gleason said about being poor. He said when he was growing up and the sheets wore out, they would make pillow cases and when the pillow cases wore out they would make hankerchiefs, and when the hankerchiefs wore out, they would cut up the pieces and make a new sheet. LOL

I think we had some of those.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Mr. Scruff, do you have some extra outdated flea market peanut butter and chimney soot you could email me? I really need to make some soot suet cakes for my birdie friends. Yours might be too, but my 3rd Wednesday crazy check is as thin as spider webs right not. If you don't have the peanut butter at least send the soot. Thanks.
Hello Una. Man I'm telling you what, last night was a rough one. A big old bat found its way into my shack and flew around in here until it woke me up.
I turned on the light and seen that sucker, and thought it was heebie jeebie stevie come to get me.
In a panic I grabbed my shotgun and blasted that thing! Now I have a big old hole in my fancy tin roof with rain just a pouring through it. What a night.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

There are those hot lips again. Things are so lovely today, I'm going to let you kiss my butt. No biting, just gentle affectionate kisses.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

It must have rained non stop all night long, the little washtub under the hole in my roof is half full, that's optimism right there.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

If this washtub fills up much more I may even take a bath. And its not even Saturday night...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fish for sale 4 min travis 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min Lmfao 150,346
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 22 min Home Skool 1,035
Lesb or Bi 28 min Good time Sally 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min Mike Duquette 130,326
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,222
ps3 1 hr travis 1

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE