Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,640

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76770 Dec 6, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a mutt that is a cross between a Jack Russell terrier and what ever came down the road. I got him at the Humane Society. He had one day left to live. Nobody wanted him since he had a broken nose and a tooth hanging out the side which makes him look mean, but he isn't. When people ask if he bites, I say "Only if you have a pork chop in your pocket" LOL I wanted him because he is unique and has been a faithful companion for several years.
I've never researched Jack Russel's but heard that they are a smart breed. Well, he's an excellent companion for you. I know they are as peculiar in their ways as we humans. And they talk back at you through their bark, eyes and actions. I think you've made a perfect choice;) Nobody telling you how they want you to be and accepting for who you are. Man and dog. Nice day to you. My dad is big 61 today. Just retired last year. He' s been keeping himself busy cutting wood, building his outbuilding and fixing a stove for a family member. You all enjoy the day;) It looks like a nice one.
W KY Girl

Elgin, IL

#76786 Dec 6, 2012
Raven wrote:
<quoted text> I'd check the dates on those cookies. Make sure they haven't expired. Funny, sounds like. it might've been your food.Have a goo day. Drink some peppermint tea or peppermint hard candies. That'll fix the upset stomach;)
I think I will live to eat another cookie another day. lol Yeah I hardly ever get sick. I checked with everybody that ate what I ate to see if they were sick. Nobody else so it must have been what I ate and nobody else did - ham! With food poisoning you can go back right at 12 hours to what you ate then and that is what made you sick. About that time yesterday I ate the ham. Peppermint huh? Maybe some of those Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies would work? Not! lol I do believe I will see if I can't find a peppermint. Thanks and you have a good day too.
Man Jim

Pikeville, KY

#76790 Dec 6, 2012
Well the end is near Im gonna try and live a life like these guys while ive got the chance... true kentuckians

W KY Girl

Elgin, IL

#76791 Dec 6, 2012
Raven wrote:
<quoted text> I watched a little robin fight a blackbird one time. She pecked him right off the branch as he was peeking into her nest. I've never seen birds get after the squirrels though. I'm afraid if those birds lit into your squirrels that way...No more squirrels. That mama bird wasn't intimidated a bit. Ol blackbird didn't get his dinner . LOL.
Here at my house we are over run with snakes. They get in the trees and eat the squirrels! I wouldn't have ever believed that until I saw it.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#76796 Dec 6, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will live to eat another cookie another day. lol Yeah I hardly ever get sick. I checked with everybody that ate what I ate to see if they were sick. Nobody else so it must have been what I ate and nobody else did - ham! With food poisoning you can go back right at 12 hours to what you ate then and that is what made you sick. About that time yesterday I ate the ham. Peppermint huh? Maybe some of those Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies would work? Not! lol I do believe I will see if I can't find a peppermint. Thanks and you have a good day too.
Girlscouts are evil, they donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to anti gun and anti hunting programs,, that's like trading cookies for bullets. There is always a black cloud behind every silver lining it seems., Chocolate mint in this case.
Raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76799 Dec 6, 2012
I can be as lazy as the next person. I am going to say this: I chauffeur this woman around when she needs to pick up medicines, cigarettes and food. It's thrown in my face that I buy her what she needs no matter if I have enough for our two children or not. When she needs something, she's supposed to come before the children. I don't think so. And to think her son needs to visit for private conversations minus the family. Well, you know, I've always heard of the other room if you don't want anyone to be privy to your conversation . And you don't rub it in by saying we've had two private conversations already. Then expect me to not babysit for my family who is employed and , yet it's okay to take care of her like she's more important. Well, I don't cater to queens except bees. At least bees are prosperous and have meaning...Out of here.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#76803 Dec 6, 2012
Man Jim wrote:
Well the end is near Im gonna try and live a life like these guys while ive got the chance... true kentuckians
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DO3IPADRrP8XX
That was funny! Was that a turd floatin around in the pool they like "to look at"? I think that old boy must have built a few dwellings in Boxtown.

Scotts Vegas

#76806 Dec 6, 2012
Darn Uni would you quit cussing and making vile remarks. I'm embarrassed for you every time Topix sends people to babysit you.

Uni almost makes dementia look pleasant. Again threatening to send his sock puppets to beat people up. If he isn't careful someone might introduce Theodora to a nice wood burning stove.
W KY Girl

Elgin, IL

#76813 Dec 6, 2012
Raven wrote:
I can be as lazy as the next person. I am going to say this: I chauffeur this woman around when she needs to pick up medicines, cigarettes and food. It's thrown in my face that I buy her what she needs no matter if I have enough for our two children or not. When she needs something, she's supposed to come before the children. I don't think so. And to think her son needs to visit for private conversations minus the family. Well, you know, I've always heard of the other room if you don't want anyone to be privy to your conversation . And you don't rub it in by saying we've had two private conversations already. Then expect me to not babysit for my family who is employed and , yet it's okay to take care of her like she's more important. Well, I don't cater to queens except bees. At least bees are prosperous and have meaning...Out of here.
Raven don't let that woman manipulate you. Set some serious boundaries ASAP! Your man needs to do the same thing with her or it's going to make you both miserable. She's probably manipulated him his whole life. Don't sign on for that crap!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#76815 Dec 6, 2012
THANKS MODS! Have a great day yourselves.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76816 Dec 6, 2012
I wonder what they might like for the Holidays? Maybe a trip to Walmart for their brand of jeans and overalls ... "FADED GLORY" LOL

Scotts Vegas

#76817 Dec 6, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Oh look, hard at it again. Inflicting their sick humor on good folks because they can't kill this thread. Cry like babies to have it removed from their Scottsville forum only to come through another forum every hour on the hour and camp out slinging crap at people. What an embarassment on Kentucky to showcase such fools on a statewide thread some people would of found interesting prior to the invasion of these fools. They can't stand to see people talk about anything with any substance. Something they lack. I see they are calling in reinforcements or better yet some more name/location spinners like Imposter unajr to make it appear there are more than the 3/4 haters spinning their hateful ignorance. Keep trying junior. MODS are on to you. Glad I missed all the missing nasty posts. You three stooges are demented.
@raven, I don't clump you in with that bunch at all. I enjoy your posts, they are honest and real. Anyone that has dropped into this site in the last 2 years can determine who are the thread killers and haters.
Hi Blueminer, glad to see you back. They missed you. Hope you had a good trip.
Hello Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala, "Nope" and all the decent posters. Hope you have a great day. Kind of dreary out, but the birds are still out and the I had to dodge deer all the way home last night. They were out in herds last night. One hit would easily total out my little sports car. They sure are beautiful though. I could never kill one. I won't even cook it unless it is just meat only and I didn't have to meet it before it was cut up. Yuk. Not real fond of deer meat anyway.
Enjoy your day! I will, three stooges, not so much. lol
"CLICK" (have at it crybabies)
Hi Abeliever! Glad to read you. Had a few good trips. Went to work Tuesday morn and got laid off. Company downsizing and all.
W KY Girl

Elgin, IL

#76820 Dec 6, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Girlscouts are evil, they donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to anti gun and anti hunting programs,, that's like trading cookies for bullets. There is always a black cloud behind every silver lining it seems., Chocolate mint in this case.
Those evil people, hiding behind little girls and cookies trying to get our guns! I bet if the word got out about that and their cookie sales dropped big time they would stop those donations.

I considered joining Girl Scouts when I was a kid. I went to one meeting and told mom no thanks! I would have fit in better with the Boy Scouts. lol I was hunting by the time I was 10-12. Those girls wouldn't have had me anyhow I don't guess.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#76822 Dec 6, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I wonder what they might like for the Holidays? Maybe a trip to Walmart for their brand of jeans and overalls ... "FADED GLORY" LOL
Or a gift certificate to their local Scottsville palm reader for more gems of wisdom. hahaha

Good one, Ancient Wolf. Gave me a big laugh.
W KY Girl

Elgin, IL

#76823 Dec 6, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Abeliever! Glad to read you. Had a few good trips. Went to work Tuesday morn and got laid off. Company downsizing and all.
Blueminer, I'm sorry to hear you were laid off. I hope everything goes okay.

Scotts Vegas

#76824 Dec 6, 2012
Hi W KY Girl! Thank You! I'm sure it will.
raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76825 Dec 6, 2012
Well, that didn't work out...But the poster reads...If you want to be a turd, go lay in the pasture.LOL. Thought it was funny. I've noticed the birds have been pretty active with the nicer weather.Probably won't see as many when it gets colder. I'm finished with the shopping this year. Bought Honey a brown leather coat in the Carroll brand. It's the worn brown look. Hope, he appreciates it;) I tried.
raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76827 Dec 6, 2012
Sorry about being laid Mr. Blueminer,I suppose ;) Hope you have Happy Holidays and all. It's the kindness, love and food that counts.Hehe. I wish I could feed every one during the Holidays,but no power here.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#76829 Dec 6, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
You Blueminer. You know this bunch, so it is always interesting to read your take on them. hahaha I see una's groupie piping in for him too. Guess they have bored the people of your town to death with their nonsense huh? I don't waste time on the abuse button. Don't need to. The MODS are doing a great job on their own. Only click on the nuts, spam and big mouth when they make comments about it. hahaha The rest of the time, the effort is not worth the few seconds it takes to click them. Those are probably mostly from readers, not posters. They don't posts due to the attack they would be subjected to by that foul bunch.

Sorry, you got laid off. Good thing is that CDL drivers are in demand. At least in our area. More of that in the want ads than anything. Good luck, I am sure you will find something else.

I hope you have a great day and continue to post while you are off work. They really miss you bad and the rest of us miss your humor and insight to the haters. lol
raven

Fort Gay, WV

#76832 Dec 6, 2012
I reread the first sentence from the last post I made. I meant Sorry about being out of work. Mind in the gutter I guess. Lonely days and lonely nights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min ILoveitHere 153,894
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 6 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,538
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min rex 5,291
2 good husbands free 24 min Not telling 7
Rick Ayers 37 min A friend 6
knox board of ed raising taxes 59 min Glad 90
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr phil Greer 131,065
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 2 hr knowyrstuff 13
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 6 hr Confused 6
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 13 hr Knox co 22
A Rat In Knox County 13 hr True Anon 14
•••
•••