Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,277)

Showing posts 65,521 - 65,540 of81,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
Not bad, Larry Curly and Moe it is.
Did you know that Curly was an accomplished pianist and extremely intelligent? He certainly created the opposite persona when acting as Curly on the Three Stooges, delighting young and old for more than three generations.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Good night to all, and good day tomorrow.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

This was an interesting read... www.rense.com/general //chmmill.htm
To all a good night. Rainy and windy here. Ferociously so.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Good-night to all. Sleep well, friends.
W KY Girl

Gary, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
They make great "watch dogs" as well, honking loudly if anyone comes into the yard. A goose attack is something to behold! Their bites are pretty painful, and the geese are relentless warriors. The intruder has only one option....RUN!
You are so right. Mine would pick at me sometimes, about like a monkey cleaning another monkey. lol Even though they were not really biting me, sometimes it would hurt! A couple did go after one of the kids in the family one day. You never heard such a commotion until I rescued the kid! LOL
The last three I had would come to the door and peck on it like they were knocking. lol They got a little out of hand, when I would mow the yard they would follow me around flying. It got dangerous! I was afraid they were going to hit a car head on. They are really some neat creatures. I hope to have some more one of these days. Maybe when I get my chickens. They are really sweet. One bird I have never had that I also want is guineas.
A Lo Lag

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be great. Chemtrails have been going on for some time. Particulate matter from these contain aluminum and barium as the main ingredient. For a long time, I thought that this was a "sinister government program." The more that I think about it, the more I am beginning to think that these "clouds" may be protective. The sun is entering solar max and there have been huge flares that potentially could wipe out the grid, if the flares are earth-directed. So far we have been lucky and the flares have not taken an earth-directed path. In the future, we may not be so lucky. The earth's protective magnetic shield is weakening in the wake of polar reversal. This is normal phenomena and takes about 2000 years to complete. It is not the reversal that is dangerous but the weakened magnetic shield, along with decreases in the earth's protective ozone layer. Perhaps the chemtrails in some way are used to deflect these solar flares. I am not certain of this, but it may be worth some consideration.
I have three problems with the 'protective shield' intent:
1. Why don't they just tell us it's for our protection so that perhaps we could start taking our own protective measures?
2. How much protection do we really get from a thin layer of barium and aluminum particulates in the atmosphere when you're dealing with high energy M or X class solar flares? It would be nice if they could show us some scientific calculations on how they have determined how much spraying they need to do to protect us based on the amount of radiation we are receiving. Perhaps I'm a bit paranoid and suspicious by nature, but to me complete silence on the issue from the government is a sign of nefarious intent behind a secret agenda.
3. If they really were shielding us from solar flares, then wouldn't they have to spray the entire country at the same time and not just certain selected areas at what appears to be random intervals?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't had chickens in a long time but I really do like them. I can see how they can bring PEACE, for sure. I love goats too. They are really funny to watch and they can make as good of a pet as a dog, imo. Do you have any certain breed of chickens?
I have Rhode Island Red hens and a White Plymouth Rock Rooster. The Rhode Islands are good egg layers but not very good brooders unless you take their fertilized eggs and raise baby chicks in an incubator.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I had three geese: Huey, Dewy and Louie. Geese are some really neat criitters too. They make cool pets.
I had some guineas last year. Gee are they a noisy lot. They can fly faster and further than chickens and spent much time up on the roof of my house just so they could ruin my afternoon naps. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

I wanted to tell one more funny thing about my chickens. I wear some moccasins with leather shoe laces and if I wear them to the chicken house, the hens take great fun at trying to untie my shoe laces.

Dog is back from the tree. Good night to everyone.... Round 2.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a great attitude, one that I attempt to develop as well. I'm much better at letting aggravations go, but I admit that I fall off the wagon from time to time. My mantra when things go wrong is,"This too shall pass."
It is Biblical "It came to pass" LOL I fall off the wagon too and have to run to jump back on. I attempt to be nice to everyone, but some few are just not very receptive and are best ignored.

I have never seen a chemtrail but have wondered if maybe they were being used to control the bugs that infest the trees that we see all those purple collection boxes hanging from.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

&#8206;They are angry with me, because I know what I am." Said the little eagle. "How do you know that they are angry with you?" "Because, they despise me for wanting to soar, they only want me to peck at the dirt, looking for ants, with them. But I can't do that. I don't have chicken feet, I have eagle wings." "And what is so wrong with having eagle wings and no chicken feet?" Asked the old owl. "I'm not sure, that's what I'm trying to find out." "They hate you because you know that you are an eagle and they want you to think you are a chicken so that you will peck at the ground looking for ants and worms, so that you will never know that you are an eagle and always think yourself a chicken. Let them hate you, they will always be chickens, and you will always be an eagle. You must fly. " Said the old owl.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

The three stooges are out there this morning eating left over cornbread and picking. One flew off with a porkchop bone,, what the heck does he think he'll do with that! That one must be Curley.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that Curly was an accomplished pianist and extremely intelligent? He certainly created the opposite persona when acting as Curly on the Three Stooges, delighting young and old for more than three generations.
You are probably too young to remember Bonanza, a tv show but it starred a 'slow' witted "Hoss Cartwright" played by Dan Blocker, he was actually and english teacher the only one on the show with a masters degree. I think his degree was in dramatic arts. He played the fools roll very well.
CrazyasUR

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Chemtrails are a spray consisting of barium, aluminum, and other particulate matter. You can see airplanes spraying this stuff in a criss-cross pattern, which over time, spreads out into a layer of clouds. They differ from contrails, which is an exhaust from planes. This exhaust does not spread out to form lingering clouds. It quickly disappears from the sky. Also, you don't have the planes flying back and forth, making a checkerboard pattern. What people can't figure out is the reason for the chemtrails. Barium and aluminum can cause respiratory problems if inhaled in large quantities.
Chemtrails are similar to the radio waves the government uses for mind control. Only a few people are aware of such things. Most are confined in mental hospitals.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I had some guineas last year. Gee are they a noisy lot. They can fly faster and further than chickens and spent much time up on the roof of my house just so they could ruin my afternoon naps. LOL
My grandparents had guineas. They roam a lot and are hard to restrict to the farm. They had some weird hairy footed african chickens too that were pretty cool, perhaps a houdan breed.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

I think that too often the General Public (including this thread) have experienced well intended actions by governments that have gone awry and the effects turned out different than what was planned and we have become very suspicious especially when those things that went wrong are kept quiet and not reported. Is overuse of flouride in the water harmful?

Having never seen a chemtrail in this area, I googled the "Emerald Ash Borer chemtrails" and found several internet postings on that subject. Then the sightings posted on this thread seem to be mainly centered around government controlled lands and installations such as Fort Knox, Land Between the Lake in West Ky, and the Daniel Boone National Forest. This leads me to believe that the intent to control the Emerald Ash Borer might well be what killed the birds in Murray which is near the Land Between the Lakes.

I do know that "Rotenone" has been used to control undesirable fish populations and in the mid 1950s it was overused in a Central Kentucky lake and killed darn near everything with dead fish everywhere including the desirable species and yet there was never a report that "we messed up". People and governments just have a problem admitting they made or make mistakes.
W KY Girl

Gary, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I wanted to tell one more funny thing about my chickens. I wear some moccasins with leather shoe laces and if I wear them to the chicken house, the hens take great fun at trying to untie my shoe laces.
Dog is back from the tree. Good night to everyone.... Round 2.
I can believe that. lol My geese use to pick at everything on me that they didn't think looked just right. That was when I would occassionally get pinched kind of hard. I think the funniest thing with them was to do with my cat. When they were babies she would stalk them and I was afraid she would jump on one and kill it. Well when they grew up she paid for it! LOL She would get up on the picnic table to get away from them and they would reach up and bite her feet! Funny! I bet she was thinking how she wished she had killed them while she could. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably too young to remember Bonanza, a tv show but it starred a 'slow' witted "Hoss Cartwright" played by Dan Blocker, he was actually and english teacher the only one on the show with a masters degree. I think his degree was in dramatic arts. He played the fools roll very well.
Bonanza's popularity centerend around the fact that it was one of the first Westerns shown in color when most shows were still black and white. Rememeber the NBC peacock "IN LIVING COLOR".
W KY Girl

Gary, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
I loved Hoss! He always seemed so sweet on the show. But I do recall one time I was going to run away and go marry Little Joe. lol But turns out Michael Landon (Little Joe) wasn't so nice. There was a man who worked on the set of his show, Highway to Heaven, who had a bad stuttering problem. In a documentary about Landon they said that he would tease that man really badly, just tormment the poor guy. Because of that I don't even care to watch any of his shows anymore. Don't you just hate it when somebody you like such as that turns out to be a jerk or just let's you down in some way? Another example is the dad on the Brady Bunch. Who would have thought he was gay! And Rock Hudson, another young girl's let down! lol I do still love the Brady Bunch though. ;)
W KY Girl

Gary, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Here's an off the wall thought, do y'all remember the "Wonderful World of Disney" show that came on every Sunday (?) night? Oh that was great, one of the highlights of the week! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 65,521 - 65,540 of81,207
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Brian Hamilton In Jail again 20 min speedo 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min Yiago 122,695
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Le Jimbo 138,630
Morgan Grant is in the slammer for 2 months 1 hr Yabba Dabba Doo 1
Anti-NRA Protesters 1 hr guss 9
burgerking and walmart 4 hr gator catcher 4
lamon jones 5 hr wtf 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••