Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Guy 29

Montréal, Canada

#76304 Dec 2, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just another day in paradise.
What's a sweet thing like you doing in a dump like this? You deserve better.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#76306 Dec 2, 2012
Ok so the last episode of walking dead just zipped by. No more zombie action,,except for Uni,, until February. Went and seen the flick, Killing them Softly,, that's an hour and a half I'll never get back, it was truly bad.

I see Uni is stressed I had not posted him new material,, but no need in me doubling up on post, he does just fine on his own.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#76307 Dec 2, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just another day in paradise.
Back to the office tomorrow! Hope you had a great weekend
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#76308 Dec 2, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Ok so the last episode of walking dead just zipped by. No more zombie action,,except for Uni,, until February. Went and seen the flick, Killing them Softly,, that's an hour and a half I'll never get back, it was truly bad.
I see Uni is stressed I had not posted him new material,, but no need in me doubling up on post, he does just fine on his own.
Thank you Humpabrn...I was getting worried. Let us know if the sun rises tomorrow! I've been wondering about that for days now.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76310 Dec 2, 2012
I don't watch the Walking Dead, so I won't miss it when it disappears for a couple months. I see enough violence with Mary Ellen Walton getting married.

Will Geer must be the Walking Dead because he has died several times on that program and keeps coming back. lol Amazing that Grandma Walton keeps recovering from the stroke too and is back in the kitchen making biscuits.

It should be about time for Gomer Pyle to retire from the marines. He should be a General by now.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#76311 Dec 3, 2012
Jim Nabors and Rock Hudson were in a relationship for a while. Reputedly they were seeking to adopt a child they planned to name Rock Pyle.

Scotts Vegas

#76312 Dec 3, 2012
Fly By wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
It's a Topix posting board not an elected office! Get over yourself Farter and quit picking on the afflicted! Just because you are anal and text more often means nothing. It also appears you don't have much of a life. Take a look at it from the taxpayers angle instead of the retired or living in mom & dad's basement. Don't try to claim you are productive because productive people don't hang out all day on Topix posting fart stories, moron!
He can't hang out in town, too many people would punch him on the nose. He is just too cowardly for all that.

Scotts Vegas

#76314 Dec 3, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It may not have been the same outbreak. April 3rd 1974 was on Wednesday. The tornado hit my neighborhood at 5:55 pm. The National Guard came in and blocked off the area and I had to keep proving that I lived in the area. But that was the same outbreak that killed 27 people in the Brandenburg area.
Good mornin Wolf! I've been meaning to reply to this, but I have been just too busy...

Same outbreak that devestated Xenia leveled Monticello. I just confused the dates. There have been so many infamous Palm Sunday tornado outbreaks through the years I just (incorrectly)thought April 3rd 1974 was one of them.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76315 Dec 3, 2012
My above post was intended to show that in a few years, what is considered entertainment now will be just about as silly as those programs from the 60s and 70s.

And in 30 or 40 years, who will they get to do the old folks commercials? The Fonz, Trapper John, 6 million Dollar man and Pat Boone won't likely be walking to show us One Reverse mortgages, Walk-in-bath tubs, or Bionic Hearng aids.

Maybe they can get a new batch of lawyers that want you to sue because you have some newly named old disease from a lifetime of working, or had the wrong kind of vaginal mesh or hip replacement. GEEZ.

Scotts Vegas

#76316 Dec 3, 2012
I just did some checking. I reckon there were three or four Palm Sunday outbreaks...Not as many as I originally thought.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76317 Dec 3, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
I just did some checking. I reckon there were three or four Palm Sunday outbreaks...Not as many as I originally thought.
Good Morning. Seasonal weather patterns are most unpredictable with many tornadoes in April over the years and if not Palm Sunday, really close.

Scotts Vegas

#76318 Dec 3, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My above post was intended to show that in a few years, what is considered entertainment now will be just about as silly as those programs from the 60s and 70s.
And in 30 or 40 years, who will they get to do the old folks commercials? The Fonz, Trapper John, 6 million Dollar man and Pat Boone won't likely be walking to show us One Reverse mortgages, Walk-in-bath tubs, or Bionic Hearng aids.
Maybe they can get a new batch of lawyers that want you to sue because you have some newly named old disease from a lifetime of working, or had the wrong kind of vaginal mesh or hip replacement. GEEZ.
Yep those were the days! Archie Bunker aired back to back with Sanford and Son...
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#76319 Dec 3, 2012
AW, that's just the great circle of entertainment life, but really, how many times can Lassie pull little Timmy out of that well,, here is an idea, cover the well !!! The old and feeble fade away, replaced by sparkly vampires and the hard body of the week. Actors won't be needed in the near future, computer generated movies are cheaper, draw big money and they don't have to find purple m&m's to put in the dressing room for miss special.

Being an old biker I face the circle of biker life,, you come into the world wearing a diaper and riding tri-cylce and go out wearing a diaper and riding a three wheeler again. Woe is me.
icu

Louisville, KY

#76320 Dec 3, 2012
yes
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76321 Dec 3, 2012
I like watching some of those old progams for just a little while until the channels make sure that they remind us that we are OLD.

AARP, health insurance, and life insurance commercials beat you to death to the point that you just might go on and croak and need whatever they are pushing.

That one commercial where they found the old guys trombone is sickening and the wife wants to get enough life insurance to have a "little something for the kids". Dang, what's wrong with the kids? Can't they work?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76322 Dec 3, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep those were the days! Archie Bunker aired back to back with Sanford and Son...
Sally Struthers was sexy, but Meathead was a fool LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#76323 Dec 3, 2012
@Hempburn.. I watched the Sturgis rally last night on the Travel Channel.. no old folks commercials there LOL
living

Morgantown, KY

#76324 Dec 3, 2012
Such good shows, do any of you recall the one about the firehouse ? I cant recall the name of it for the life of me. Those fireman were my hero's growing up.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#76325 Dec 3, 2012
"This here's a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and it can blow your head clean off. Now, you must ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well do you, punk?"

Clint Eastwood's most famous line. But who was the black dude he was speaking to ?? That's right no one knows.

He was a bank robber in Dirty Harry, he was a pimp in Magnum Force, he was a black militant in The Enforcer and he was a friend of Harry's in Sudden Impact,,Albert Popwell was the actor.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#76326 Dec 3, 2012
Guy 29 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a sweet thing like you doing in a dump like this? You deserve better.
LMAO! Some people here would say I shouldn 't be here at all.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Shela 143,033
Shooting at Walmart??? 31 min outsidelooingn 29
Who's had Curt brown 1 hr Vickie 30
Where is Gothic girl these Days? 1 hr Been There 4
Anyone want to Debate Religion with The Special... 1 hr Been There 9
Garbage Service from Patrick Mills garbage service 1 hr citizen 13
Flat Lick Ball Coach Devin Mills 2 hr Lol 16
walmart shooting 2 hr Confused 15
Social services barbourville ky 16 hr Amazed 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages