Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
65,341 - 65,360 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Thursday
Rave

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
From the beginning of the thread until APRIL this was a very interesting thread with lots of different posters, mostly joining in the discussion. We enjoyed speculating and researching why the BIRDS fell dead like they did. It led to Earthquakes, Polar Shift, methane gas, HAARP and a few other thories, Biblical implications, Mayans and Native American Prophecy and conspiracy theories (NWO etc). People made friends, shared stories, music, world news, inspirations, etc and the thread was not the norm for topix (who done who, politics, and haters). That is why it was "hot", at the top and so many posts, plus it being the only non politcal Kentucky wide thread like Ancient Wolf pointed out. Sadly, it is like the rest of them now and seems this one has turned into a fart club. I don't have time for such nonsense, nor am I a hater. I post less and less like many others. And like many others, I will abandon this pastime when bored or waiting on someone. I doubt it will get back to all that is going on in the world and only continue as a thread killer. That is what they want. They can have it. I have a real life, like many others and don't have 24/7 to hop from thread to thread all day on topix.
I also have a date in an hour and have some finishing touches to add to my cougar charm. lol Hope you have a good one yourself and would love to read your take on this thread when I return (if I return, wink ;) wink). It would be a nice change compared to the bodily functions fascination they seem to indulge in now.
Have a good night!
so where's the party at tonight?

Since: Dec 12

Carlock, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
From the beginning of the thread until APRIL this was a very interesting thread with lots of different posters, mostly joining in the discussion. We enjoyed speculating and researching why the BIRDS fell dead like they did. It led to Earthquakes, Polar Shift, methane gas, HAARP and a few other thories, Biblical implications, Mayans and Native American Prophecy and conspiracy theories (NWO etc). People made friends, shared stories, music, world news, inspirations, etc and the thread was not the norm for topix (who done who, politics, and haters). That is why it was "hot", at the top and so many posts, plus it being the only non politcal Kentucky wide thread like Ancient Wolf pointed out. Sadly, it is like the rest of them now and seems this one has turned into a fart club. I don't have time for such nonsense, nor am I a hater. I post less and less like many others. And like many others, I will abandon this pastime when bored or waiting on someone. I doubt it will get back to all that is going on in the world and only continue as a thread killer. That is what they want. They can have it. I have a real life, like many others and don't have 24/7 to hop from thread to thread all day on topix.
I also have a date in an hour and have some finishing touches to add to my cougar charm. lol Hope you have a good one yourself and would love to read your take on this thread when I return (if I return, wink ;) wink). It would be a nice change compared to the bodily functions fascination they seem to indulge in now.
Have a good night!
Who is "they"?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey there Oglala. Some of these people have issues. lol I try to avoid fussing with people unless they are just really over the top ignorant and out of line. I'd much rather get along with everybody. You kow what's really scary and sad is some people are actually having to deal with those loons in face to face real life! I'm glad it's not me. lol I have enough crazy people in my life to deal with. hahaha Take care.
I'm enjoying a few cracklins sprinkled with vinegar and hot sauce - soul food! lol
Hello to you. Nice to see your posting. In regard to the inappropriate posts, I believe that those people are not really all that nasty in person. It's easy to hide behind a computer screen and play a role. It also might be that these people can take out aggression harmlessly by letting off steam on the computer. I would never do that, but others may. That still doesn't make it right, but I don't take computer "slams" personally. The sad thing is that it's got to be tough to keep up that persona. It would be nice to see all that wasted negative energy put to better use, like supporting each other instead of tearing them down. These are sad times in the world right now, and people should be kinder to one other.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

West KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "they"?
Abeliever is gone for the evening, I think. The "they" that she is referring to is a small group of posters who have made very foul comments on this thread. If you read back, you will see what I mean. Many of the more vulgar posts have been deleted by the moderators.
Abeliever frequently responds back to these posters. I usually do not. If I do, I try to put a positive, more measured spin on my answers. I believe that appearing to be annoyed brings forth more nasty posts. But I can also understand that it is not always easy to refrain from responding in kind, particularly if the individual is a target of a mean poster.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

That moon has returned as full as ever tonight. I read somewhere that the brightest shining object in the sky right now is Jupiter. I know, it's nice to see a starry filled sky. Shopping has been under way about two weeks now. I'm not complaint. I delight in giving as much as receiving. Kindness does the Soul Good.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello to you. Nice to see your posting. In regard to the inappropriate posts, I believe that those people are not really all that nasty in person. It's easy to hide behind a computer screen and play a role. It also might be that these people can take out aggression harmlessly by letting off steam on the computer. I would never do that, but others may. That still doesn't make it right, but I don't take computer "slams" personally. The sad thing is that it's got to be tough to keep up that persona. It would be nice to see all that wasted negative energy put to better use, like supporting each other instead of tearing them down. These are sad times in the world right now, and people should be kinder to one other.
I'll tell everyone right now, I don't hide and I find my screen much easier to read sitting in front of it. Well now Uglylala, it appeared to me you were letting off steam when you made a feeble attempt to troll my hometown Topix.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
That moon has returned as full as ever tonight. I read somewhere that the brightest shining object in the sky right now is Jupiter. I know, it's nice to see a starry filled sky. Shopping has been under way about two weeks now. I'm not complaint. I delight in giving as much as receiving. Kindness does the Soul Good.
Send me some nice gifts then. Thanks.

Ted Fartinsky
222 Mulefart Trail
Scottsville, Ky. 42164

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Well, it's another long day and didn't get to see any of my little birds.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Well, it's another long day and didn't get to see any of my little birds.
I saw a few birds today.
Easterngirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

my gosh! how old are these people on here?
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Just heard a big boom in eastern ky, loud enough to wake me up.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Easterngirl wrote:
my gosh! how old are these people on here?
eighteen to eighty, blind crippled or crazy....we don't cull no one baby.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
I agree that acts of kindness are good for the soul, but much of the Holiday gift giving has just become a level of frustration for both the giver and the receiver and the focus is more on the gift than the heart felt intent.

When it becomes nothing more than what will I get for ol' Aunt Snooty? The meaning has been lost. If you have gone out of your way to ignore Aunt Snooty all year long, then any gift appears to be nothing more than one trying to ease their own conscience or drag out some nostalgia when Aunt Snooty was not so snooty.

I find that the act of kindness that is most good for the soul is an act that one might do for a total stranger that one may never see again and costs nothing. Try smiling and saying something to that cashier like "you hair looks nice". That would mean more to them than a box of chocolates bought just because it is time to fulfill some obligation.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that acts of kindness are good for the soul, but much of the Holiday gift giving has just become a level of frustration for both the giver and the receiver and the focus is more on the gift than the heart felt intent.
When it becomes nothing more than what will I get for ol' Aunt Snooty? The meaning has been lost. If you have gone out of your way to ignore Aunt Snooty all year long, then any gift appears to be nothing more than one trying to ease their own conscience or drag out some nostalgia when Aunt Snooty was not so snooty.
I find that the act of kindness that is most good for the soul is an act that one might do for a total stranger that one may never see again and costs nothing. Try smiling and saying something to that cashier like "you hair looks nice". That would mean more to them than a box of chocolates bought just because it is time to fulfill some obligation.
True. I also think a little laughter goes a long way.
On another note... I don't mean to be so mean to abeliever, sometimes I do get carried away. But she herself has admitted that I have made her laugh. I hope I've made her laugh more than frown (Because I bet her frown could curdle fresh sweet milk hahaha).

Did you hear a couple of big loud booms just now? The first one almost shook me out of bed.
What

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

Jacko wrote:
When is this thread gonna die off, my gawd stop beating the dead horse already..
For each new post I think I'm going to shoot a bird with my BB gun!
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text>
For each new post I think I'm going to shoot a bird with my BB gun!
Go for it pal. Heck, kill two for every post. God will deal with you and the rest of us soon enough anyway.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what I mean. But with the crazy traffic, wild shopping cart drivers, and very rude people showing their "true colors" while they're out , I find being polite and holding doors and just being pleasantly spoken to be the best gesture. As far as gifts go, my family gets the things they need after savings throughout the year: new coats, flannel shirts, the bottle of perfume I can't afford myself but Honey likes to give me nice things. Ten years ago we couldn't keep a vehicle running more or less, couldn't afford insurance for it and barely had food on the table. We persevered. I just find some people get really mean and spiteful this time of year. And that's in spite of all that money they spend. Change begins within ourselves and no amount of gift giving makes a world of difference:)
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

My nine year old helped the cashier has more respect and feeling than most adults. If we just look at the children, maybe we'll learn life's true lesson: it's not the material things that count, Love and Compassion are Life's guides.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like somebody conscience is working overtime.Giving a little time and a listening ear is the best gift you can give anyone. Like we always said money isn't everything.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like somebody conscience is working overtime.Giving a little time and a listening ear is the best gift you can give anyone. Like we always said money isn't everything.
Money isn't everything, but it sure is lonesome without it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for 3 bedroom to rent asap 3 min becky 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 146,442
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min Mike Duquette 128,774
Marlena cox 7 min Sorry excuse for a wife 8
3 bedroom/2 bath for rent 10 min becky 2
Our guys.... not the best guy 19 min Management 2
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 47 min get real 11
state police pulling people over on 25e. 2 hr changes 6
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 19 hr contempt 417
Stivers Center fixes 21 hr smokejumper 54
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters