Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
65,181 - 65,200 of 81,602 Comments Last updated 16 hrs ago
W KY Girl

Waukesha, WI

#75845 Nov 27, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
you ever wonder how many times Matt Dillon got shot? At least in the Westerns, they just fall down. LOL
Hi Ancient Wolf. Do you remember The Rifleman? That show probably had the most killing of any show of that time. And I was surprised to find out that the boy who played Mark (the son) was the first guy to pose in frontal nude pictures. That's what I read anyhow. Crazy!
I bet you are in great shape with all that wood cutting and stacking you are doing! I haven't hauled or stacked any in a long time but I do recall that it sure does build up muscles. I'm thinking seriously about setting up another stove here.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75846 Nov 28, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ancient Wolf. Do you remember The Rifleman? That show probably had the most killing of any show of that time. And I was surprised to find out that the boy who played Mark (the son) was the first guy to pose in frontal nude pictures. That's what I read anyhow. Crazy!
I bet you are in great shape with all that wood cutting and stacking you are doing! I haven't hauled or stacked any in a long time but I do recall that it sure does build up muscles. I'm thinking seriously about setting up another stove here.
Yes, I remember many of those old Westerns. The Rifleman was played by Chuck Connors who was very tall and was a former baseball player before going into television.

One of my favorites at the time was "Have Gun Will Travel" Paladin role played by Richard Boone, who was one of the bad guys in John Wayne's movie "The Shootist". John Wayne (J.B. Books) knew he was dying of cancer and chose to end it by taking 3 bad guys with him LOL.

I think I am in real good condition considering I had a health wake up call 3 years ago. I guess the CREATOR wasn't ready for me yet and still had things for me to do. I am blessed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75847 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Hmm, they all run off at midnight.
Was that what time it was? I don't have any schedules or bosses except for a dog and some chickens. LOL
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75848 Nov 28, 2012
I see someone named their baby "Hashtag". That may be better than a boy named Sue, but I think shows a basic disrespect from bad parents. I'm sure Uni has named his flatulence and imaginary friends better than that.

I respect my kids, Porkchop, Budlite and little Doobie and they are lucky to have common names. Ok, otta here, I have to walk our dog Bruce.

Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#75849 Nov 28, 2012
Morning is here. And, the birds are out.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#75850 Nov 28, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Morning is here. And, the birds are out.
Good morning to you.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#75852 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
I see someone named their baby "Hashtag". That may be better than a boy named Sue, but I think shows a basic disrespect from bad parents. I'm sure Uni has named his flatulence and imaginary friends better than that.
I respect my kids, Porkchop, Budlite and little Doobie and they are lucky to have common names. Ok, otta here, I have to walk our dog Bruce.
Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.
Yes Humpaburn, a farting co worker and I used to judge each others farts as they do in ice skating by holding up numbers on cards. We also named them Grandfather, Grandmother, mule, sissy poot, etc.

Not all of my farts are flatulence, I cut sharp notes as well as flat notes. If only you could witness my song and dance routine as I sing, dance and fart to the Muffin Man song, you would be truly amazed.

It's a wonder your parents didn't name you Hashmark, the way you dot the seat of your drawers. You probably need to wrap your legs while walking Bruce(gees, what a gay name for a dog). This cold air and walking the dog will cause your shine splints to flare up.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75854 Nov 28, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning to you.
I know you were talking to Roaming, but good morning to both of you.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75855 Nov 28, 2012
I don't own a dog right now, I like my long bike rides too much to be tied down to animal care at this point. My bird feeders are as much pet care as I need right now.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75856 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
I don't own a dog right now, I like my long bike rides too much to be tied down to animal care at this point. My bird feeders are as much pet care as I need right now.
You could always get a side-car for the Harley, complete with goggles for the dog, You know, the same kind that Snoopy wears when he is the WW1 flying ace.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#75859 Nov 28, 2012
Jersey Boys follows The Four Seasons as their band changed over the course of more than ten years. From four kids from Newark, New Jersey to a multi-million dollar ensemble, The Four Seasons endured debts, fights, marital and family problems, and seedy mob connections.

Jersey Boys - Sherry, Walk Like a Man & Big Girls Don't Cry - West End Live 2011
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#75860 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn, don't forget:

Lunar Eclipse Darkens Full Moon Wednesday: Watch Online

Of course it would be a given to see it in Maui. lol Or Alaska, brrrrrrrrrrr

I am sure it will bring all the crazies out and the resident craziers. hahaha

Enjoy it if you can see it.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75861 Nov 28, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Hempburn, don't forget:
Lunar Eclipse Darkens Full Moon Wednesday: Watch Online
Of course it would be a given to see it in Maui. lol Or Alaska, brrrrrrrrrrr
I am sure it will bring all the crazies out and the resident craziers. hahaha
Enjoy it if you can see it.
No AW, I don't own a dog. I like dogs and will eventually get one but not until I can be home to give it daily care like walking it. I did have a cat because you can leave a cat two or three days with little concern but it died this year of old age, 15.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75863 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
No AW, I don't own a dog. I like dogs and will eventually get one but not until I can be home to give it daily care like walking it. I did have a cat because you can leave a cat two or three days with little concern but it died this year of old age, 15.
I don't walk my dog, he walks himself all around the homestead making sure the buzzards go away. For some unknown reason he hates buzzards. Probably some trauma from his early years before I saved him from the animal shelter. It could be that they ate his buddy. He does not frighten the chickens, they even climb on him.

He also has some abandonment issues and does not like to be left alone and goes where I go and waits in the truck sitting up on the console. When I go into some place, I have to park where he can see the entrance and he is fine, otherwise he cries a lot. It is good that I have someone to care about me even if it is a dog.

When I drive, he lays in the passenger seat and about 2 miles before reaching back home, he climbs back up on the console to see "home". The only real problem that I have with him is that it is difficult to get around him to add firewood to the stove. He likes to sit on his haunches and stare at the flames. We both find PEACE looking into the fire.
vacant

Middletown, OH

#75864 Nov 28, 2012
really

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#75866 Nov 28, 2012
Just watching the birds. It's a lovely day!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75867 Nov 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't walk my dog, he walks himself all around the homestead making sure the buzzards go away. For some unknown reason he hates buzzards. Probably some trauma from his early years before I saved him from the animal shelter. It could be that they ate his buddy. He does not frighten the chickens, they even climb on him.
He also has some abandonment issues and does not like to be left alone and goes where I go and waits in the truck sitting up on the console. When I go into some place, I have to park where he can see the entrance and he is fine, otherwise he cries a lot. It is good that I have someone to care about me even if it is a dog.
When I drive, he lays in the passenger seat and about 2 miles before reaching back home, he climbs back up on the console to see "home". The only real problem that I have with him is that it is difficult to get around him to add firewood to the stove. He likes to sit on his haunches and stare at the flames. We both find PEACE looking into the fire.
That is so cool, AW.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75868 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
All a dog would do is pee on you and poop in your fuzzy pink bunny house slippers. You know it's the truth.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75869 Nov 28, 2012
It is said that women and cats will do as they please, but men and dogs should just get accustomed to it. LOL

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#75871 Nov 28, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text> oh, sorry for the misconception. There's some minor bickering were there's a bustle or two a knees get banged up, heads cut barely gashed. The fake paint looks like orange cool aid. My Uncle served in Nam. Several fellows I've know actually served in the Marine Corp. over there. Tough war that you endured. Really hate that our men and women of 50,000 have to be on that wall. Kind of like the Bay of Pigs. Our soldiers were taken for granted:(
I have been to "The Wall" numerous times. Very nicely done for what it is. As a Viet vet, it is very tough to stand there and look for names. They made it easier as it is done by year but,,,It's hard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 17 min Yeah 1,050
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 20 min Curious 130,618
Jessica Curry 22 min Grow Up 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 27 min spose 2,115
Baby sitter avaliable! 34 min school 3
City councilman raising property Tax Next 39 min work 10
The Audit 40 min phone 31
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters