Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,785

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Read more
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75861 Nov 28, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
Hempburn, don't forget:
Lunar Eclipse Darkens Full Moon Wednesday: Watch Online
Of course it would be a given to see it in Maui. lol Or Alaska, brrrrrrrrrrr
I am sure it will bring all the crazies out and the resident craziers. hahaha
Enjoy it if you can see it.
No AW, I don't own a dog. I like dogs and will eventually get one but not until I can be home to give it daily care like walking it. I did have a cat because you can leave a cat two or three days with little concern but it died this year of old age, 15.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75863 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
No AW, I don't own a dog. I like dogs and will eventually get one but not until I can be home to give it daily care like walking it. I did have a cat because you can leave a cat two or three days with little concern but it died this year of old age, 15.
I don't walk my dog, he walks himself all around the homestead making sure the buzzards go away. For some unknown reason he hates buzzards. Probably some trauma from his early years before I saved him from the animal shelter. It could be that they ate his buddy. He does not frighten the chickens, they even climb on him.

He also has some abandonment issues and does not like to be left alone and goes where I go and waits in the truck sitting up on the console. When I go into some place, I have to park where he can see the entrance and he is fine, otherwise he cries a lot. It is good that I have someone to care about me even if it is a dog.

When I drive, he lays in the passenger seat and about 2 miles before reaching back home, he climbs back up on the console to see "home". The only real problem that I have with him is that it is difficult to get around him to add firewood to the stove. He likes to sit on his haunches and stare at the flames. We both find PEACE looking into the fire.
vacant

Middletown, OH

#75864 Nov 28, 2012
really

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#75866 Nov 28, 2012
Just watching the birds. It's a lovely day!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#75867 Nov 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't walk my dog, he walks himself all around the homestead making sure the buzzards go away. For some unknown reason he hates buzzards. Probably some trauma from his early years before I saved him from the animal shelter. It could be that they ate his buddy. He does not frighten the chickens, they even climb on him.
He also has some abandonment issues and does not like to be left alone and goes where I go and waits in the truck sitting up on the console. When I go into some place, I have to park where he can see the entrance and he is fine, otherwise he cries a lot. It is good that I have someone to care about me even if it is a dog.
When I drive, he lays in the passenger seat and about 2 miles before reaching back home, he climbs back up on the console to see "home". The only real problem that I have with him is that it is difficult to get around him to add firewood to the stove. He likes to sit on his haunches and stare at the flames. We both find PEACE looking into the fire.
That is so cool, AW.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75868 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
All a dog would do is pee on you and poop in your fuzzy pink bunny house slippers. You know it's the truth.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75869 Nov 28, 2012
It is said that women and cats will do as they please, but men and dogs should just get accustomed to it. LOL

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#75871 Nov 28, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text> oh, sorry for the misconception. There's some minor bickering were there's a bustle or two a knees get banged up, heads cut barely gashed. The fake paint looks like orange cool aid. My Uncle served in Nam. Several fellows I've know actually served in the Marine Corp. over there. Tough war that you endured. Really hate that our men and women of 50,000 have to be on that wall. Kind of like the Bay of Pigs. Our soldiers were taken for granted:(
I have been to "The Wall" numerous times. Very nicely done for what it is. As a Viet vet, it is very tough to stand there and look for names. They made it easier as it is done by year but,,,It's hard.
Fly By

Louisville, KY

#75872 Nov 28, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>You will never get over getting booted as boss of this topic.
Huh?
It's a Topix posting board not an elected office! Get over yourself Farter and quit picking on the afflicted! Just because you are anal and text more often means nothing. It also appears you don't have much of a life. Take a look at it from the taxpayers angle instead of the retired or living in mom & dad's basement. Don't try to claim you are productive because productive people don't hang out all day on Topix posting fart stories, moron!
say whaa?

Lexington, KY

#75873 Nov 28, 2012
What does this have to do with birds?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#75876 Nov 28, 2012
I talk about the birds every time I post and while I see others that don't, there ARE comments on here about the birds. Read mine. :)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75883 Nov 28, 2012
The answer is still NO. You hot lips may not kiss my butt. Give up and put them above someone else's comments. I know you adore me, but no.
Someone Who Knows

Mckee, KY

#75885 Nov 28, 2012
I don't get it..........Why does this thread get so many hits. This must be a Guiness record.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75886 Nov 28, 2012
I ate cornish hen for dinner,, Tomorrow I'll put the carcass out for other creatures to pick on. Ha, a real life bird story.

Have a good eve,,,,, trolls, not so much.
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

#75889 Nov 28, 2012
dang it's cold out there!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75893 Nov 28, 2012
Someone Who Knows wrote:
I don't get it..........Why does this thread get so many hits. This must be a Guiness record.
I guess you don't know. It seems to be the only state wide thread that is not about politics.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75894 Nov 28, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
I ate cornish hen for dinner,, Tomorrow I'll put the carcass out for other creatures to pick on. Ha, a real life bird story.
Have a good eve,,,,, trolls, not so much.
Keep it up Humpsburn, you'll never get rid of the wifes relatives.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#75895 Nov 28, 2012
Well, it's been a lovely day. About it for now.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75896 Nov 28, 2012
Roaming, do you ever think maybe some people just don't like us, or am I just imagining things?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75897 Nov 28, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Roaming, do you ever think maybe some people just don't like us, or am I just imagining things?
I like you both! Birds of a feather....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
warning!! tree cutter named charles mills 35 min Citizen 6
Silverscreen Tanning - Ringworm 35 min beware 19
reward offered!!!! 38 min Citizen 6
Explosion in Flatlick? 49 min Citizen 3
Michael Trent/// 1 hr friend 12
Cynthia Smith 1 hr Crystal 4
KCHS Student Expelled For Bullying Students 2 hr parent 9
questions and concerns 5 hr Bville 15
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match