Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
65,001 - 65,020 of 81,569 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75603
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of us have had our turns at a job already, and we have a hobby. It is to randomly babble day in and day out. What is yours?
Lol. Couldn't have said it better myself. We have already worked our arses off over the years, now this is all we are able to do.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75604
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Tollesboro Guy - KY wrote:
<quoted text>
You WILL get a letter in December from the SSA. Your percentage will be 1.7%. Dad said about 37.50 for them.
Funny, the clerk at The Road Ranger in Tollesboro told me tonight they had just had an increase of 10% across the whole store. But, to make up for the big jump in cigarette prices, they are selling 2% Milk, 2 for $6. Hurry, supplies can't last long.:-)
Thanks, any raise is better than none. Lol.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75607
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Good Sat, to you all. I , know all about the wood thing got to cut a load today , but lucky I have kids to stack it . Take care shopping , Ill be working the next few weekends , to pay for all I spent Thursday night. U, be good , you may be tuff, but I think your a teddy bear in hiding, really with a great big heart.. See yall , Happy Weekend...
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75608
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Sad news this morning, RIP Larry Hagman, who IMO starred in one of the greatest roles as a villain ever as J.R. Ewing on Dallas.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75609
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

I heard that. It's sad. No more J.R..

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75610
Nov 24, 2012
 
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Good Morning folks. This will be a great day to get warmed twice by my wood. Once when I split and stack it outside my back door and the second time when I put it in the stove. It warmed me the third time yesterday when I cut it and brought it down off the hill and loaded it into the truck.
@Hempburn.. eat your heart out. I will be using the hydraulic wood splitter hehehe
Watch out for that hydraulic wood splitter. My neighbor was using one a few years back and it malfunctioned. It nearly caused an accident. I don't know much about them. Hubby used to split our wood the old fashioned way. Tough work, but good exercise. We don't have a wood stove down here, but we are thinking of finishing off one of our outbuildings and putting a wood stove in there, just in case we lose power like we did in the ice storm a couple of years back.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75611
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true too. To much chloride, I guess. LOL.
Una, that's fluoride, not chloride, LOL. Conspiracy theorists believe that fluoride in the drinking water gradually makes people less aggressive and causes brain damage over time. But it's not a conspiracy if it is true. BTW, Una, you are quite clever in many of your remarks that are not filled with you know what. I think that the smut belies an intelligence that you are trying to hide. Why don't you let the real UNA shine through the fog emanating from your bowels.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75612
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dang wrote:
You ppl need a job, a hobby, a something. How in the world do u come up with all this random babbling day in and day out, day after day after day after day??
After spending 35 years working overtime, I am happy to engage in random babbling for a change. Lighten up.
raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75614
Nov 24, 2012
 
Flurries in Eastern , Ky this morning. Got the shopping finished in an hour flat. Didn't get assaulted by any buggys( shopping carts). Increase in electric bill this month by $47 bucks. Those of you with wood burning stoves need to chop your logs,but I'd rather do that than pay some electric bills. I had family with $300-400 bills last year:( Stay warm and good day to all the decent posters...
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75617
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I need my horoscope
Going out could be dangerous on this wild and wooly day when anything can happen. You'll need to expect the unexpected and take special care in public places. Your friends and associates may need your assistance but they may also be a drain on your resources and your sanity. Romance can be exhilarating but may be tinged with just a touch of obsession.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75620
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

raven wrote:
Flurries in Eastern , Ky this morning. Got the shopping finished in an hour flat. Didn't get assaulted by any buggys( shopping carts). Increase in electric bill this month by $47 bucks. Those of you with wood burning stoves need to chop your logs,but I'd rather do that than pay some electric bills. I had family with $300-400 bills last year:( Stay warm and good day to all the decent posters...
I hope everyone stays warmm, decent or indecent LOL. Burning firewood is my 'job' and I can save $300-$400 or more in utility bills which I can't afford living on that monthly Social Security payment. I believe it was Ben Franklin's "Poor Richard's Almanac" that said a penny saved is a penny earned.

I can cut, split and stack that natural resource and with about 8 hours work get about a month's supply. I already had enough yesterday to last through January and with an afternoon of work yesterday and a little more than that today, I think I will be able to make it until spring and anything I do after today will just be fore recreation and exercise. Plus with a power outtage, I can cook on my stove if need be. Coffee break and babbling time now. LOL
Mr_X

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75621
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

You want the truth? Then here is some Top Secret Info!! The government has a weapon called HAARP. Is that what's killing the wildlife? No! This is Bible prophecy. Trust me..I know. Actually, I know more than any one person should know when it comes to the government. And trust me..they don't want what I know getting out in the open. I've tried to post what I know on topix several times and it don't work. If you wanna know more about what your government is up to then let me know. Just out to warn America of their future. Good luck to you all.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75622
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope everyone stays warmm, decent or indecent LOL. Burning firewood is my 'job' and I can save $300-$400 or more in utility bills which I can't afford living on that monthly Social Security payment. I believe it was Ben Franklin's "Poor Richard's Almanac" that said a penny saved is a penny earned.
I can cut, split and stack that natural resource and with about 8 hours work get about a month's supply. I already had enough yesterday to last through January and with an afternoon of work yesterday and a little more than that today, I think I will be able to make it until spring and anything I do after today will just be fore recreation and exercise. Plus with a power outtage, I can cook on my stove if need be. Coffee break and babbling time now. LOL
I got lucky this year, an old dead beech tree fell relatively close to my shack, within wheelbarrow distance. I can only guess at how tough grandpa had to be, cutting all his wood with a saw and ax, Then splitting it.
I still use one of his wedges to split my wood, but I take the chainsaw shortcut (as he would call it).
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75623
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mr_X wrote:
You want the truth? Then here is some Top Secret Info!! The government has a weapon called HAARP. Is that what's killing the wildlife? No! This is Bible prophecy. Trust me..I know. Actually, I know more than any one person should know when it comes to the government. And trust me..they don't want what I know getting out in the open. I've tried to post what I know on topix several times and it don't work. If you wanna know more about what your government is up to then let me know. Just out to warn America of their future. Good luck to you all.
We cant HANDLE the truth!
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75624
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Mr_X wrote:
You want the truth? Then here is some Top Secret Info!! The government has a weapon called HAARP. Is that what's killing the wildlife? No! This is Bible prophecy. Trust me..I know. Actually, I know more than any one person should know when it comes to the government. And trust me..they don't want what I know getting out in the open. I've tried to post what I know on topix several times and it don't work. If you wanna know more about what your government is up to then let me know. Just out to warn America of their future. Good luck to you all.
Do you wear a black suit...and dark sunglasses?
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75625
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Its amazing how the topix adds show wood stoves for sale, the moment someone posts something about wood cutting, freaky.

Mr_x, do you know anything about that?
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75626
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Have a good day old wolf. Don't heart-attack yourself out chopping wood.

"CLICK" TM-R
Mr_X

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75627
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Actually, I hung up my black suit when I learned what the government was planning for my country and its citizens. But if you would rather be surprised than warned, then you're in for one of the biggest surprises of your life. May God bless you and good luck. You're seriously gonna need it.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75628
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Mr_X wrote:
Actually, I hung up my black suit when I learned what the government was planning for my country and its citizens. But if you would rather be surprised than warned, then you're in for one of the biggest surprises of your life. May God bless you and good luck. You're seriously gonna need it.
I wish you the same pal.

I never trusted our Government (puppet of the Rothschild's and their Zionist agenda) no how. I am a firm believer that what will be, will be and the Lords will WILL be done. The best laid plans of man can never undo the will of God. Why worry?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75629
Nov 24, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Imposter wrote:
Have a good day old wolf. Don't heart-attack yourself out chopping wood.
"CLICK" TM-R
I have been the heart attack route already, primarily due to the stress of working 42 years for the MAN that thought the only thing important was the bottom line and getting everything done right now. That plus trying to keep up with the JONES"s.

The CREATOR gave me a new lease on a stress free "simple" life. And now through the Grace of GOD and the power of a hydraulic wood splitter and more exercise; I think I am in better condition than ever before. So me worry? When it is the Will of the CREATOR that I go join my deceased wife, I WILL be ready.

You are right about our Grandpappys and the crosscut saws and the sledge and wedge (all those tools now decorate the cottage). THe work of sawing and loading the logs into the splitter and stacking the wood is ample exercise and still not all that easy. I just can accomplish more with the new-fangled tools and not have to spend every day getting wood like our ancestors did. Break is over, back to it. Have a good day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 45 min Cornelius Scudmister 146,193
Crystal Gray 1 hr Let me know 3
just seen what goin on 1 hr huh 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr oscar 16,116
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr jamie 128,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr terri 26,184
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr shew 1,014
Stivers Center fixes 5 hr City Slicker 26
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••