Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,244)

Showing posts 64,861 - 64,880 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

I just now remembered something we were taught as children:

"Sticks and stones may break my bones,
But words will never harm me"
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Turkey day approacheth. Got to get the bird in a brine later today and do any prep that needs done for the side dishes and such. I enjoy cooking but a traditional thanksgiving turkey dinner is more like unskilled labor, it's just a matter of get it right no flare kind of cooking. Nomally a ham and a turkey feeds the crowd with a few leftovers friends and family take home. I'm glad people want to take home a plate for someone,,but dang it, I never get leftovers, lol. Dark meat rules!

Have a good one,,,,, trolls, not so much.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Thanksgiving has got to be a great time for the creatures where people that live in the "country" can set out a picked over turkey carcass and left overs along a woodline for them. Can you imagine being maybe a raccoon that happens upon a cooked turkey carcass, he'd wet his self with excitement, sort of like Uni would do if he won ten bucks on a lottery scratch off. You get the idea. I always put any uneaten items out for whatever may wonder by and sniff it out. Not practical in some areas but if you can I'm sure some animal would love it.

Have a nice day,,,,, trolls, not so much.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

When we count our many blessings;
it isn't hard to see
that life's most valued treasures
are the treasures that are free.
For it isn't what we own or buy
...that signifies our wealth.
It's the special gifts that have no price;
our family, friends and health...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

*cardiac.....got excited.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Same old same old---having a good week?
Sorry I didn't check back in last night. My week is good I am off today and tomorrow for Thanksgiving. And, I am cooking a nice big meal for the family tomorrow. Turkey, yum, yum, yum. How is it going there??

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Cheveyo m wrote:
<quoted text>We have much to be happy and thankful for my friend. You of all people know that truth well. I am proud to call you friend. We have water to drink food to eat shelter to keep us from the cold and rain and wind and snow. We have the wisdom of those who have passed and the joy of those that walk with us still. I will always consider you a true human being and a friend.
The negative has its small place in all things yet the light of joy always overcomes. Overwhelming light shines through the darkness banishing it and lighting the way for the true human beings who walk in light. I am a better person for having corresponded with you here. Your heart is true and your light shines bright for all with eyes to see. May you continue to be blessed my friend.
Wado Oginali.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ugh, to much fire water and loco weed make head spin. Wad-O-buffalo poop. Ugh.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Happy Thanksgiving, Una. And, Miss E.
:o)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Happy Thanksgiving, Una. And, Miss E.
:o)
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Roaming.

“Cherokee Nation Will Return ”

Since: Jun 11

Bird Clan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh, to much fire water and loco weed make head spin. Wad-O-buffalo poop. Ugh.
Be assured that my mind is still and clear. May I ask you a question? Thank you in advance.
Why do you allow the bad spirits to harness you? I will not judge you wrong or right for doing so. I only wonder at your motive for doing so. The kind woman that is the target of your maliciousness has no need for your approval. Neither do I for that matter. I only wonder why you see fit to try vainly at tormenting her.
Everything in the Cherokee environment — from corn and tobacco to eagles, deer, and snakes to fire and smoke to creeks and mountains to bad spirits— plays a central role in Cherokee myths as well as daily practices. Native peoples do not view themselves as separate from their environment — We are a part of it.
Much the same as other native peoples, the Cherokees do not try to rule over nature but instead try to keep their proper place within it. A healer might listen to the spirit of a plant to find out what disease that plant could cure. A hunter might ask the spirits of animals for guidance and forgiveness for hunting them.
In order to respect and cooperate with all of nature, the Cherokee found ways to conserve its parts. When Cherokees gather medicinal plants in the forest, they harvest only every fourth one they find, leaving the other three to grow undisturbed for a future use.
All of these practices contribute to the balance of our world. The Cherokees believe that if the balance of nature is upset, everyone will have trouble. We fear a loss of balance could cause sickness, bad weather, failed crops, poor hunting, and many other problems. Human beings are responsible for keeping the balance within themselves and between the animals, the plants, and most importantly- other people. Can we not be nice to other human beings without ridicule? Is that too much to ask. Thank you again- Cheveyo

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Cheveyo m wrote:
<quoted text>Be assured that my mind is still and clear. May I ask you a question? Thank you in advance.
Why do you allow the bad spirits to harness you? I will not judge you wrong or right for doing so. I only wonder at your motive for doing so. The kind woman that is the target of your maliciousness has no need for your approval. Neither do I for that matter. I only wonder why you see fit to try vainly at tormenting her.
Everything in the Cherokee environment — from corn and tobacco to eagles, deer, and snakes to fire and smoke to creeks and mountains to bad spirits— plays a central role in Cherokee myths as well as daily practices. Native peoples do not view themselves as separate from their environment — We are a part of it.
Much the same as other native peoples, the Cherokees do not try to rule over nature but instead try to keep their proper place within it. A healer might listen to the spirit of a plant to find out what disease that plant could cure. A hunter might ask the spirits of animals for guidance and forgiveness for hunting them.
In order to respect and cooperate with all of nature, the Cherokee found ways to conserve its parts. When Cherokees gather medicinal plants in the forest, they harvest only every fourth one they find, leaving the other three to grow undisturbed for a future use.
All of these practices contribute to the balance of our world. The Cherokees believe that if the balance of nature is upset, everyone will have trouble. We fear a loss of balance could cause sickness, bad weather, failed crops, poor hunting, and many other problems. Human beings are responsible for keeping the balance within themselves and between the animals, the plants, and most importantly- other people. Can we not be nice to other human beings without ridicule? Is that too much to ask. Thank you again- Cheveyo
Thank you for the history of the Cherokee beliefs, as if I give a rats patoot. No bad spirits here. The bad spirits are most likely coming out of a bottle of Old Crow.

You asked and here it is. Your beloved friend is a fake and a hater, cussing like a drunken sailor in one breath and pulling a miss goody two shoes act in the next breath.

Afakebeliever wishes ill upon everyone that don't kiss her grubby butt. She thought she was and is the boss of this topic and no one was allowed to post that didn't play smoochie with her hind end. She still can't get over it without posting hate for those she don't like being here. If you can't read it in her your posts, you are blind.

Enough of her copy & paste spam already. Sometimes one has to act like a human being to be treated like one. I address her posts lightly compared to the way the Fake addresses me. I can't even post the nasty names she has called me. Lady? LOL. In my opinion a spite filled, can't get her way, tantrum throwing nut.

I hope she sends you a nice check for your lovely compliments. Maybe you can buy yourself some fuzzy bunny house slippers to match your housecoat.

Fartfully,
Theodore F. Fartinsky
The Great Una Farter

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Roaming.
Thanks much!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Uni was once bitten by an elder rattle snake, it was full of powerful venom, after five days of terrible inscrutiating pain,,, the rattle snake, died.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks much!
You're welcome.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Can't wait for that Thanksgiving turkey!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
Uni was once bitten by an elder rattle snake, it was full of powerful venom, after five days of terrible inscrutiating pain,,, the rattle snake, died.
Thanks Humpaburn, I'm almost as tough as you. Man oh man, you're a hoot poot. I do wish you would start giving your morning report again. Oh Humpaburn, please tell Chief Pootie Tootie where you bought your pink fuzzy bunny house slippers and if they had other colors to match his housecoat. Don't forget to tell him about the Red Tailed Hawks taking the other pair off of your feet while you were wearing them. Thanks, Fartman.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

I see the eraser has been active while I prepare for my Tanksgiving with an extra can of Sardines.. mustard sauce.

Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

*Thanksgiving.. All things work for the good of those that believe, even my keyboard that drops a letter LOL
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
*Thanksgiving.. All things work for the good of those that believe, even my keyboard that drops a letter LOL
Tanks for that AW.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Can't wait for that Thanksgiving turkey!
I hope my neices have some fart food on the table at my sisters, instead of so much turkey. Turkey just isn't very fulfilling. Hehehe.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,861 - 64,880 of81,552
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min American Lady 145,002
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min ChromiuMan 128,058
KC Basketball Coach 12 min Panther Pride 72
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr Poles 26,170
Barbourville topix 7 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 7 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 8 hr Just Looking 3
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 9 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••