Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,635

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75349 Nov 20, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO. Thanks, AW. Just a few hours and starvation ends for a day or two. LOL.
Yep, you got it. I made a list of everything I needed from the Dollar Store and Sav-A-Lot and then had to cut it back. Cardiologists are trying to reposess my heart.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#75352 Nov 20, 2012
Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala, Sybil and all decent posters, I hope you have a great day. I am off to enjoy the rest of the beautiful day our Creator has given us. I am. Too nice to sit on topix and read the SOS. You creeps spewing hate should get out and get some fresh air. You are smelling up the thread.

LIFE IS GOOD!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#75353 Nov 20, 2012
Now, now! Children please!! I leave for two days and come back to this? Behave or I'll glue your laptop screens shut with Double Bubble bubblegum and stick jelly beans up your noses...

Play nicely.. In two short days the vast majority of the U.S. population has to be reminded to be thankful for what we only remember to be thankful for on one day of the year...

Right now I'm putting on a pot of chicken n'dumplins'. Anybody wanna come over for dinner before those who are lucky enough, get turkey, green bean casseroled and sweet potatoed half to death?? LOL!

Yep, today I'm going to be very thankful for my chicken n'dumplins..
(And the gigantic stew pot that used to belong to my granny).

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#75356 Nov 20, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Now, now! Children please!! I leave for two days and come back to this? Behave or I'll glue your laptop screens shut with Double Bubble bubblegum and stick jelly beans up your noses...
Play nicely.. In two short days the vast majority of the U.S. population has to be reminded to be thankful for what we only remember to be thankful for on one day of the year...
Right now I'm putting on a pot of chicken n'dumplins'. Anybody wanna come over for dinner before those who are lucky enough, get turkey, green bean casseroled and sweet potatoed half to death?? LOL!
Yep, today I'm going to be very thankful for my chicken n'dumplins..
(And the gigantic stew pot that used to belong to my granny).
They way it looks you really need to have another long talk with Afakebeliever and perhaps a hand slapping with a ruler. She just gave me the bird with both hands. I expect another cussing at anytime. I'm glad you are back. The Fake got released from the insane institution yesterday and is really showing no improvement.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75358 Nov 20, 2012
Matthew 22 Verse 39. It seems to me that if you are on one side of the fence throwing rocks at your neighbor and your neighbor is on the other side throwing them back; then neither one is abiding my the 2nd Great Commandment and about as well be atheists.

#75359 Nov 20, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
They way it looks you really need to have another long talk with Afakebeliever and perhaps a hand slapping with a ruler. She just gave me the bird with both hands. I expect another cussing at anytime. I'm glad you are back. The Fake got released from the insane institution yesterday and is really showing no improvement.
Cyber "birds with both hands" don't count, LOL! You might as well ask someone to kiss your hiney and expect them to smooch it through the screen, ROFLMBO!! Now them "Angry Birds"?? Hmmmm. Gonna have to study on that one for a few...
(My little niece loves 'em for some odd reason. I just don't get the draw to it though)..
:)

And thank you, I'm glad to be back. But this is going to be another short "visit" from Nope... I'm transplanting some of my plants into indoor pots and just finished replanting 12 Christmas Cactus plants, LOL! I adore those! And these are heirloom reds. Deepest green and reddest red you ever seen. The ultimate "Christmas" plant, beings as I seem to have a brown thumb when it comes to Poinsettias.

I've also been taking my Harley out for the longest rides as I can stand. My back doesn't hold out as long as it used to. I didn't expect to have so many pretty riding days all in a row! And Thanksgiving, plus Friday, promise to be just as beautiful. I just might take my baby out of state as long as I'm not too tired out to ride her for a long run like that.. Our family is over three hours away, and coming back with a belly full of turkey, sitting on a Mustang seat, somehow sounds a bit iffy... And that "Tryptophan" myth from eating turkey, well who knows... HAHAHA!

I'm certainly glad that I didn't put her up on blocks to ease the tire pressure for the winter like I started to last week when that cold weather from hell slid in on us!!

Now everyone place nice or Ms. Nope might be back later to divvy out those jelly beans up some snouts, LOL....

#75360 Nov 20, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Matthew 22 Verse 39. It seems to me that if you are on one side of the fence throwing rocks at your neighbor and your neighbor is on the other side throwing them back; then neither one is abiding my the 2nd Great Commandment and about as well be atheists.
Neighbors throwing rocks back and forth would have time better spent using said rocks to build a rock fence between each others properties and be done with it, LOL!

That's my theory, and I'm stickin' to it.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#75361 Nov 20, 2012
Second
"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."
I don't get it Wolf. But then I do not understand why the 2nd commandment tells me Our Father is a jealous God. Especially since we have not got to the 10th
"You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor's."
I see coveting as right up there with jealously and insecurity.
I cannot see the God I pray to as a jealous being, jealously is a sickness.
Why would as powerful and all knowing being as our God, that owns everything, be jealous of anything.
Just my thoughts on the subject.

Scotts Vegas

#75362 Nov 20, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Neighbors throwing rocks back and forth would have time better spent using said rocks to build a rock fence between each others properties and be done with it, LOL!
That is a good idea! Not quite as fun as trying to hit the neighbor w/a big rock before he tears up your house though.

#75363 Nov 20, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a good idea! Not quite as fun as trying to hit the neighbor w/a big rock before he tears up your house though.
That's one more thing a nice bolt action shotgun would always be good for I guess, roflmbo! Just hit them rocks like they're shot puts. They'll stop throwing those rocks directly, hehe! I'd say that'd be considered as "message sent". Right??
:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75364 Nov 20, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
Second
"You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I The Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate Me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love Me and keep My Commandments."
I don't get it Wolf. But then I do not understand why the 2nd commandment tells me Our Father is a jealous God. Especially since we have not got to the 10th
"You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his ox, or his ass, or anything that is your neighbor's."
Why would as powerful and all knowing being as our God, that owns everything, be jealous of anything.
You would never be found guilty of coveting ass, Bluewhiner. God knows you aren't going to get any.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75365 Nov 20, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I had much rather bop them with fresh horse puckey.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75367 Nov 20, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
Second
You are speaking of the Ten Commandments given to Moses. What I was posting was from the book of Matthew 22 verse 39. When asked what was the greatest commandments, CHRIST replied that the first was (paraphrased) to love GOD and the 2nd was like unto the first which was to love thy neighbor as thyself. Then He went on to say in Verse 40 "On these two commandments hang ALL the law and ALL the prophets".

To me, that means that all the man-made religous rules, traditions, and preaching are just that and that if we love GOD and our neighbour, then we can be called true followers of Christ's teachings and we can do that within any number of denominations or even somewhere out in the woods.

Those verses must be important since they are repeated in the book of Mark and again in the book of Luke.

#75368 Nov 20, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>I had much rather bop them with fresh horse puckey.
I'd be hard pressed to find any horse-puckies around here. Now cow patties? I got loads and loads of those at my disposal... Loads and loads.. It would a "mushroom hunters" paradise out this way, ROFLMBO! Alas, at my age though, all that cow poop is only good for my plant babies..

Scotts Vegas

#75369 Nov 20, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
You would never be found guilty of coveting ass, Bluewhiner. God knows you aren't going to get any.
I see your usual delusions of grandeur have you speaking for God today. You must feel reeeeaal special.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75370 Nov 20, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be hard pressed to find any horse-puckies around here. Now cow patties? I got loads and loads of those at my disposal... Loads and loads.. It would a "mushroom hunters" paradise out this way, ROFLMBO! Alas, at my age though, all that cow poop is only good for my plant babies..
Lots of Minnionites around Scottsville. Lol. Cow patties splatter better but horse puckey has better range.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75372 Nov 20, 2012
Bluewhiner, you better spend time seeing to Mothers needs, then get your hiney back on the road. Your truck stop encounters await. You nasty boy.
Richard Long

Busy, KY

#75373 Nov 20, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking of the Ten Commandments given to Moses. What I was posting was from the book of Matthew 22 verse 39. When asked what was the greatest commandments, CHRIST replied that the first was (paraphrased) to love GOD and the 2nd was like unto the first which was to love thy neighbor as thyself. Then He went on to say in Verse 40 "On these two commandments hang ALL the law and ALL the prophets".
To me, that means that all the man-made religous rules, traditions, and preaching are just that and that if we love GOD and our neighbour, then we can be called true followers of Christ's teachings and we can do that within any number of denominations or even somewhere out in the woods.
Those verses must be important since they are repeated in the book of Mark and again in the book of Luke.
Those words weigh 'bought...twenty tons, Old Wolf.

When the wise speak, the less wise should shut up and listen- Richard Long.
raven

Fort Gay, WV

#75375 Nov 20, 2012
Lakota Instructions for Living

Friend do it this way - that is,
whatever you do in life,
do the very best you can
with both your heart and mind.

And if you do it that way,
the Power Of The Universe
will come to your assistance,
if your heart and mind are in Unity.

When one sits in the Hoop Of The People,
one must be responsible because
All of Creation is related.
And the hurt of one is the hurt of all.
And the honor of one is the honor of all.
And whatever we do effects everything in the universe.

If you do it that way - that is,
if you truly join your heart and mind
as One - whatever you ask for,
that's the Way It's Going To Be.

Passed down from White Buffalo Calf Woman
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#75378 Nov 20, 2012
raven wrote:
Lakota Instructions for Living
Friend do it this way - that is,
whatever you do in life,
do the very best you can
with both your heart and mind.
And if you do it that way,
the Power Of The Universe
will come to your assistance,
if your heart and mind are in Unity.
When one sits in the Hoop Of The People,
one must be responsible because
All of Creation is related.
And the hurt of one is the hurt of all.
And the honor of one is the honor of all.
And whatever we do effects everything in the universe.
If you do it that way - that is,
if you truly join your heart and mind
as One - whatever you ask for,
that's the Way It's Going To Be.
Passed down from White Buffalo Calf Woman
I wear the Lakota Sioux Medicine Wheel emblem on my hat which depicts the four directions or seasons of life in various colors. From each side of the wheel emblem hangs sacred eagle feathers.

East- Yellow depicts the direction of the rising sun or birth

South- white depicts the southern sky. the warmest, the young warrior afire with zeal.

North- Red depicts winter and the elder that has developed the patience and endurance to withstand the harsh winds of the cold.

West- is black, the setting sun and the end of life.

This emblem can be seen on the internet using your favorite search engine. I like to think I am in the North and have the patience and endurance to withstand the harsh things that may befall me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Cornelius Scudmister 153,483
new hunting and fishing store 16 min john 5
opening in November 18 min john 9
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 25 min Kentucky 4,896
knox board of ed raising taxes 25 min sick of taxes 83
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Serious 26,275
Kayla Jackson mills??? 1 hr Unconcerned citizen 2
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 2 hr Praying for everyone 20
A Rat In Knox County 4 hr Genius 8
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE