Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
64,721 - 64,740 of 81,589 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

ANother beautiful morning.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes after the 3rd Wednesday I cook up a banquet. Those pieces of meat in those plastic trays sure are getting smaller. I thought the salsbury steak was missing, but I moved a few grains of corn and there it was.
I don't buy or eat much of that stuff so I am unfamiliar with it. But I do know that a lot of things we see that say "New and Improved" are only improved for the producers due to the reduced size. Nothing aggravates me more than to pay a full price for a bag,bottle, or can of something that is less than full. When I went to school a pound was not 13 ounces.
W KY Girl

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has their niche and somethings they do better, others just adequate. I can cook up a pretty good country style meal but not very good at fancy fixings and I don't bake at all except for cornbread and biscuits. But I can decorate, organize, and clean my house as good (if not better) than most any woman.
I'm not much on "fancy" cooking either. I do have some strange creations that I come up with that are pretty good. I don't care much what it looks like as long as it tastes good. I've had several friends from different cultures so that has affected my cooking too. My hat is off to you because I don't like the decorating, organizing and cleaning. Of course I can do it but I'd rather mow the yard. lol
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

My cabinet gets pretty low before the 3rd Wednesday. I just opened a can of outdated "WOLF" brand chili thinking they made it especially for me. LOL

I don't believe it was much better than the can of dog food that the dog ate. I thought about trading with him. LOL
W KY Girl

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just the perpetual life and death struggle and we have to take the good with the bad and it all ends for everyone sooner or later. It was not a sudden loss. She spent 2 years being paralyzed by a stroke, so there was a bit of time to prepare for the inevitable. I don't know if a sudden loss is worse or not, but certainly the shock of a sudden loss seems worse.
I sometimes think that Divorces are harder for people to deal with. With death the deceased has no options and we miss them, but with divorces one has all that rejection to deal with. Maybe a toss up.
Yeah I know what you mean. At least when a spouse dies, if you did have a good marriage, at least you know they died loving you. I've never had a spouse die or been divorced but I can speak as someone who had a parent die when they were really young. I was trying to explain to someone not long ago how I had rather have a parent who I know did love me die than to have some of these parents I see a lot of kids with these days, who are living but don't show any sign of loving them and only cause them heartache. It sounds kind of cruel I guess maybe, but that's how I see it.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes after the 3rd Wednesday I cook up a banquet. Those pieces of meat in those plastic trays sure are getting smaller. I thought the salsbury steak was missing, but I moved a few grains of corn and there it was.
Prices are going up and portions are getting smaller. Notice the coffee containers. They have "downsized" the amount 2 or 3 times,but they have never lowered the price. Manufacturers must think that consumers are stupid. Younger folks don't notice because that's what they are used to and have not had the opportunity to learn otherwise.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Prices are going up and portions are getting smaller. Notice the coffee containers. They have "downsized" the amount 2 or 3 times,but they have never lowered the price. Manufacturers must think that consumers are stupid. Younger folks don't notice because that's what they are used to and have not had the opportunity to learn otherwise.
A 3 pound tin of coffee is now 2 pounds, 2 1/2 ounces and that lacks at least an inch, maybe 2 of being full.

Since: Dec 11

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Are birds even still up for discussion? You people must get very bored. This post has become more like Facebook status updates. Wow.
W KY Girl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

What's up
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I know what you mean. At least when a spouse dies, if you did have a good marriage, at least you know they died loving you. I've never had a spouse die or been divorced but I can speak as someone who had a parent die when they were really young. I was trying to explain to someone not long ago how I had rather have a parent who I know did love me die than to have some of these parents I see a lot of kids with these days, who are living but don't show any sign of loving them and only cause them heartache. It sounds kind of cruel I guess maybe, but that's how I see it.
I agree. I have never been divorced either but even though things were not always perfect, I have too many good memories to cloud them over with bad or the potential for bad.

You folks have a good day and try to stay warm, I am out of here for now.
W KY Girl

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

W KY Girl wrote:
What's up
lol I didn't write that, freaky but hi.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Think I may whip up some of my tasty hotdog chili today since I got some amber bock to spare. Hard to beat a good chili on a cool day with a good brew to wash it down.

Have a good one.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Good Saturday afternoon to you. Hope you are all enjoying the beautiful weekend. I am.

Ancient Wolf/lala look for an email with cute litle Leona pictures. She is so big now.

Have a great day!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, those little candy bars used to be eight in a package dropped to six bars. LOL.
raven

Fort Gay, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
It is just the perpetual life and death struggle and we have to take the good with the bad and it all ends for everyone sooner or later. It was not a sudden loss. She spent 2 years being paralyzed by a stroke, so there was a bit of time to prepare for the inevitable. I don't know if a sudden loss is worse or not, but certainly the shock of a sudden loss seems worse.
I sometimes think that Divorces are harder for people to deal with. With death the deceased has no options and we miss them, but with divorces one has all that rejection to deal with. Maybe a toss up.
AW I would have to say it's more difficult losing a lifetime partner to the otherworld than a divorce. See, baggage is easily dealt with love is deeper and richer than that ...and those lengthy conversations and good times we can have with a true partner gets us past the ancient history in the past. Loneliness from losing my partner would be much harsher than a divorce. It's easily gotten over...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't buy or eat much of that stuff so I am unfamiliar with it. But I do know that a lot of things we see that say "New and Improved" are only improved for the producers due to the reduced size. Nothing aggravates me more than to pay a full price for a bag,bottle, or can of something that is less than full. When I went to school a pound was not 13 ounces.
Yep, all this new and improved stuff. According to their TV commercials their product just couldn't get any better. Then all of a sudden, there it is new and improved. LOL.
raven

Fort Gay, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

That's what my ex husband said about his new girlfriends : new and improved. Haha. The perfect job for him, advertising.LOL.Buy this, no comparison. Ha.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

I changed wars. LOL Been watching George Washington's "do or die" bold move to cross the Delaware to attack the German Mercenaries at Trenton New Jersey on Christmas Day 1776.

Had it not been successful, the American Revolution would have been lost along with Washington as the leader. A really big gamble with very little chance of success. Most of the Colonial troops enlistments expired in just 6 more days and they wanted to go home.

The German Hessians lost 1000 killed or captured out of 1500 quartered there.The Americans lost 2 that froze to death on the way there.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
My cabinet gets pretty low before the 3rd Wednesday. I just opened a can of outdated "WOLF" brand chili thinking they made it especially for me. LOL
I don't believe it was much better than the can of dog food that the dog ate. I thought about trading with him. LOL
I just saw some of that Wolf brand chili while window shopping at the dollar store. I hope it isn't as bad as the Southgate chili. That stuff is nasty. The grease in it, Cholesterol City in a can. My Endrocologist would have a seziure if he knew I even tasted that junk.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I just saw some of that Wolf brand chili while window shopping at the dollar store. I hope it isn't as bad as the Southgate chili. That stuff is nasty. The grease in it, Cholesterol City in a can. My Endrocologist would have a seziure if he knew I even tasted that junk.
I don't know about the Southgate, but the Wolf Brand stuff is about as you described. I would be afraid to even give it to the chickens, LOL I normally make my own chili and I won't get any more of that junk even though it was cheap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search