Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
64,701 - 64,720 of 81,599 Comments Last updated 35 min ago
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#75047 Nov 16, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
Bird of Prey
Hmmm

Duluth, GA

#75048 Nov 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I thought I talked too much. LOL. I live alone and have done so for about 9 years since the wife got sick and passed away. This thread is about 90% of my outside communication with people, so for the most part I try to get along with everyone. Sometimes that is not too easy and that is probably as much my fault as it is their's. LOL
I like the poem.
Thats sad Im sorry to hear that. I almost lost my wife a couple of years ago, thats when I discovered topix. Use to not post alot, just read the articles. Something about it makes it sortof addictive I think, no?
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75049 Nov 16, 2012
Topix is the poor man's entertainment, lol, and I'm so poor we have to milk the bull just to feed the cat,,, well the bull is quite happy, but the cat,, well, not so much.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#75050 Nov 16, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Topix is the poor man's entertainment, lol, and I'm so poor we have to milk the bull just to feed the cat,,, well the bull is quite happy, but the cat,, well, not so much.
I knew it, I knew it, Humpaburn. You said it, I didn't. Ahahahah. I told you the need of slacking back on doobies and booze. Man oh man, Humpaburn you won't do.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#75051 Nov 16, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Bwahahahaha! I think I just peed myself a little bit, LOL!!
qwerty

United States

#75052 Nov 16, 2012
Don't go out tonight if you don't feel like it; no matter what anyone says, you won't end up having a good time if what you really want is to be curled up with a good book. It's time to recharge your batteries, so indulge in all those things that make you feel whole wheat again.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#75054 Nov 16, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
The wife did get a little, put off shall I say, when asked if I wanted to go see Twilight with the group and I told her,, if I wanted to watch a bunch of sparkly dudes suck on each other, I'd go to an Elton John concert.
Great answer. I couldn't have said it better myself!That Twilight stuff is for the bats. I mean for the birds.
Imposter

London, KY

#75055 Nov 16, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahahaha! I think I just peed myself a little bit, LOL!!
Know what you mean, I think I just pooped a little bit.
Imposter

London, KY

#75056 Nov 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I thought I talked too much. LOL. I live alone and have done so for about 9 years since the wife got sick and passed away. This thread is about 90% of my outside communication with people, so for the most part I try to get along with everyone. Sometimes that is not too easy and that is probably as much my fault as it is their's. LOL
I like the poem.
I lost mine too Mr. scruff. Never has gotten any easier, seven years gone.

But enough of that.

"CLICK-ER-AMMA"

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#75057 Nov 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Chef Leo's ( chefleo.com ) Wild Game and Meat Rub can be bought online and the contents seem quite similar to NOPE's roast fixings. It contains garlic, chilles, Molasses, Coffee, Onion, and other spices.
They also sell a seasoning for "Camp Stew" with a recipe on the back containing 4 potatoes 4 tomatoes, 1/2 head of cabbage, an ear of corn (shaved) and a pound of smoked sausage with a teaspoon of their Camp Stew spice. I made that and it is pretty good vittles.
All these recipes are making me HUNGRY, and I can't cook very well at all. Spent all my time working, when I was able, and never developed my "house mouse" skills. Poor hubby, but he did like my paychecks.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#75058 Nov 16, 2012
Did I miss anything?
Well. That was a silly question wasn't it?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75059 Nov 16, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Did I miss anything?
Well. That was a silly question wasn't it?
Just Humpaburn spanking a bulls weasel. Guess he learned that from watching Grandma Humpaburn churn butter.
W KY Girl

Oswego, IL

#75060 Nov 16, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
All these recipes are making me HUNGRY, and I can't cook very well at all. Spent all my time working, when I was able, and never developed my "house mouse" skills. Poor hubby, but he did like my paychecks.
My man says that he can cook better than me (a big fat fib)- so I just tell him to go on with his bad self - in other words "Get ur a*s in that kitchen then!" LOL I ain't no fool! lol He does cook pretty good, just hardly ever does. All he wants is meat!
W KY Girl

Oswego, IL

#75061 Nov 16, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about you guys losing your wives. That is really sad. My dad died a long long time ago (when him and mom were in their thirties). Mom never did remarry. I know it has got to be hard but hope you are doing okay.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#75064 Nov 17, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about you guys losing your wives. That is really sad. My dad died a long long time ago (when him and mom were in their thirties). Mom never did remarry. I know it has got to be hard but hope you are doing okay.
It is just the perpetual life and death struggle and we have to take the good with the bad and it all ends for everyone sooner or later. It was not a sudden loss. She spent 2 years being paralyzed by a stroke, so there was a bit of time to prepare for the inevitable. I don't know if a sudden loss is worse or not, but certainly the shock of a sudden loss seems worse.

I sometimes think that Divorces are harder for people to deal with. With death the deceased has no options and we miss them, but with divorces one has all that rejection to deal with. Maybe a toss up.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#75065 Nov 17, 2012
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has their niche and somethings they do better, others just adequate. I can cook up a pretty good country style meal but not very good at fancy fixings and I don't bake at all except for cornbread and biscuits. But I can decorate, organize, and clean my house as good (if not better) than most any woman.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75066 Nov 17, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone has their niche and somethings they do better, others just adequate. I can cook up a pretty good country style meal but not very good at fancy fixings and I don't bake at all except for cornbread and biscuits. But I can decorate, organize, and clean my house as good (if not better) than most any woman.
Sometimes after the 3rd Wednesday I cook up a banquet. Those pieces of meat in those plastic trays sure are getting smaller. I thought the salsbury steak was missing, but I moved a few grains of corn and there it was.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75067 Nov 17, 2012
The birds and squirrels were out at this old shack this morning. I could hear a Woodpecker peckering, but couldn't see it. No chemtrails, just a little bit of FAART, a few persimmons left, no money, no spam, no fakes. Life is GOOD at this old shack.

"LICK" it.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#75068 Nov 17, 2012
ANother beautiful morning.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#75070 Nov 17, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes after the 3rd Wednesday I cook up a banquet. Those pieces of meat in those plastic trays sure are getting smaller. I thought the salsbury steak was missing, but I moved a few grains of corn and there it was.
I don't buy or eat much of that stuff so I am unfamiliar with it. But I do know that a lot of things we see that say "New and Improved" are only improved for the producers due to the reduced size. Nothing aggravates me more than to pay a full price for a bag,bottle, or can of something that is less than full. When I went to school a pound was not 13 ounces.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 14 min 62656sss 1,473
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 56 min Le Jimbo 151,265
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Yes and Amen 130,542
Slush pup 1 hr I just wonder 2
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 2 hr RobertB 120
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 2 hr curious 30
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 7 hr turtle chin 4
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 18 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••