Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,236)

Showing posts 64,701 - 64,720 of81,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tracker

Hardinsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Are the birds still falling???
raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Whole Jamaican all spice berries give meat. good flavor. I began using them in my butt roasts , stews and briskest. Warms the flavor up. Also, cracked pepper seems to flavor food better. Rosemary and thyme I found are great on potatoes. All this talk about grilled food, fried meats. Now, I'm wanting barbecue pulled pork and a sweet tater casserole as dessert. Shame, shame;) Maybe some asparagus drizzled in a butter and lemon sauce. O yummy!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Has the birds stopped falling???
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Chef Leo's ( chefleo.com ) Wild Game and Meat Rub can be bought online and the contents seem quite similar to NOPE's roast fixings. It contains garlic, chilles, Molasses, Coffee, Onion, and other spices.

They also sell a seasoning for "Camp Stew" with a recipe on the back containing 4 potatoes 4 tomatoes, 1/2 head of cabbage, an ear of corn (shaved) and a pound of smoked sausage with a teaspoon of their Camp Stew spice. I made that and it is pretty good vittles.
W KY Girl

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

The last time I cooked deer, I cut the meat all off the bone and put it in a pot on the stove - add soy sauce and dried lemon peel. I almost covered it with water and boiled it until most of the water was gone. Check and see if it is tender and if not, more water and cook longer. Cook until most of the water is gone but don't dry it out. If you tweek the soy sauce and dreid lemon peel just right it is delicious! I think next time a little cayenne pepper.:)
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Chef Leo's ( chefleo.com ) Wild Game and Meat Rub can be bought online and the contents seem quite similar to NOPE's roast fixings. It contains garlic, chilles, Molasses, Coffee, Onion, and other spices.
They also sell a seasoning for "Camp Stew" with a recipe on the back containing 4 potatoes 4 tomatoes, 1/2 head of cabbage, an ear of corn (shaved) and a pound of smoked sausage with a teaspoon of their Camp Stew spice. I made that and it is pretty good vittles.
Old scruffy wolf is a man of few words, such a man's words carry more weight, somehow.

Reminds me of a rhyme grandpa used to say when us kids chitter chattered too much;

There once was an owl that lived in an oak. The more he saw, the less he spoke.
The less he spoke, the more he heard.
Why cant we all be like that wise old bird?
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

I thought I talked too much. LOL. I live alone and have done so for about 9 years since the wife got sick and passed away. This thread is about 90% of my outside communication with people, so for the most part I try to get along with everyone. Sometimes that is not too easy and that is probably as much my fault as it is their's. LOL

I like the poem.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

raven wrote:
<quoted text> I watched the first two parts of that saga. you'd think that Stewart girl would be "experienced" at something. And those little pansy boys on there...Well Liam Neison on Rob Roy and Richard Gere in First Knight get my thumbs up for hot, steamy scenes. LOL. I didn't see any point to the flick.
I don't think Ron's flicks ever have any point or real story behind them. They usually get down to the business at hand. It doesn't take much experience, just groan and chew bubble gum Ron will do the rest.
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

youtube.com/watch...
Bird of Prey
Hmmm

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I thought I talked too much. LOL. I live alone and have done so for about 9 years since the wife got sick and passed away. This thread is about 90% of my outside communication with people, so for the most part I try to get along with everyone. Sometimes that is not too easy and that is probably as much my fault as it is their's. LOL
I like the poem.
Thats sad Im sorry to hear that. I almost lost my wife a couple of years ago, thats when I discovered topix. Use to not post alot, just read the articles. Something about it makes it sortof addictive I think, no?
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Topix is the poor man's entertainment, lol, and I'm so poor we have to milk the bull just to feed the cat,,, well the bull is quite happy, but the cat,, well, not so much.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
Topix is the poor man's entertainment, lol, and I'm so poor we have to milk the bull just to feed the cat,,, well the bull is quite happy, but the cat,, well, not so much.
I knew it, I knew it, Humpaburn. You said it, I didn't. Ahahahah. I told you the need of slacking back on doobies and booze. Man oh man, Humpaburn you won't do.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
Bwahahahaha! I think I just peed myself a little bit, LOL!!
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Don't go out tonight if you don't feel like it; no matter what anyone says, you won't end up having a good time if what you really want is to be curled up with a good book. It's time to recharge your batteries, so indulge in all those things that make you feel whole wheat again.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Hempburn wrote:
The wife did get a little, put off shall I say, when asked if I wanted to go see Twilight with the group and I told her,, if I wanted to watch a bunch of sparkly dudes suck on each other, I'd go to an Elton John concert.
Great answer. I couldn't have said it better myself!That Twilight stuff is for the bats. I mean for the birds.
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Bwahahahaha! I think I just peed myself a little bit, LOL!!
Know what you mean, I think I just pooped a little bit.
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I like the poem.
I lost mine too Mr. scruff. Never has gotten any easier, seven years gone.

But enough of that.

"CLICK-ER-AMMA"

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
All these recipes are making me HUNGRY, and I can't cook very well at all. Spent all my time working, when I was able, and never developed my "house mouse" skills. Poor hubby, but he did like my paychecks.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Did I miss anything?
Well. That was a silly question wasn't it?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Did I miss anything?
Well. That was a silly question wasn't it?
Just Humpaburn spanking a bulls weasel. Guess he learned that from watching Grandma Humpaburn churn butter.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 64,701 - 64,720 of81,200
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Mike D 122,729
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min Brad 138,653
Corey vs. Collins 18 min no way 52
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 29 min Rebecca Flatwoods 16,069
yard sale 57 min jackie 2
Kcms 1 hr Check on it 2
somepplarebitchs 1 hr three trucks 15
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••