Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Amy

Maysville, KY

#75002 Nov 15, 2012
I have been told power plants use Mercury to clean out their stacks. They always blow their stacks out at night. Maybe, them blowing out the stacks is putting Mercury into the air. This would also explain our high rate of cancer in our area.
W KY Girl

Zenda, WI

#75003 Nov 15, 2012
Do any of y'all own a scooter - one of those little no tax, no license, no insurance, 49cc, 100plus mpg deals? I'm thinking about getting one just to putt around on and to have in case gas prices go crazy again, which I fully expect. When they were at there highest it was costing me well over $5 just to go into town and back! I need a Prius! lol
W KY Girl

Zenda, WI

#75004 Nov 15, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
If my persimmons don't hold out, Roaming doesn't live very far away. Maybe she'll toss me a cold biscuit out the back door. Lol.
Be careful, a friend of mine got a dog that turned out to be a crazy cujo acting fool. One day it decided to pen them in the house. My friend threw a buscuit out the back door and when ole cujo went for it he shot him in the head! lol
W KY Girl

Zenda, WI

#75005 Nov 15, 2012
Amy wrote:
I have been told power plants use Mercury to clean out their stacks. They always blow their stacks out at night. Maybe, them blowing out the stacks is putting Mercury into the air. This would also explain our high rate of cancer in our area.
There is no telling what is going on, especially true if the government is involved.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#75006 Nov 16, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
Do any of y'all own a scooter - one of those little no tax, no license, no insurance, 49cc, 100plus mpg deals? I'm thinking about getting one just to putt around on and to have in case gas prices go crazy again, which I fully expect. When they were at there highest it was costing me well over $5 just to go into town and back! I need a Prius! lol
I have been thinking about getting a mule and feeding it green onions and let it make it's own gas. Nothing like following behind an old mule that is plowing and hit a rock or stump on the old rock farm and when it strains and you are right there behind the exhaust .... Una could not even match that.
wow

United States

#75007 Nov 16, 2012
Pooooorrrrr birdiee
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75008 Nov 16, 2012
Gee.........Haw......
I bet Uni is going in circles now.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#75009 Nov 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been thinking about getting a mule and feeding it green onions and let it make it's own gas. Nothing like following behind an old mule that is plowing and hit a rock or stump on the old rock farm and when it strains and you are right there behind the exhaust .... Una could not even match that.
Now, you're talking AW. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75010 Nov 16, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Gee.........Haw......
I bet Uni is going in circles now.
Humpaburn, I was so delighted I put my cup of java down, just to read it again. AW has brightened my day already. LOL.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#75011 Nov 16, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Be careful, a friend of mine got a dog that turned out to be a crazy cujo acting fool. One day it decided to pen them in the house. My friend threw a buscuit out the back door and when ole cujo went for it he shot him in the head! lol
That biscuit sure cost ol' Cujo a lot. Lol.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75013 Nov 16, 2012
So I drop off the wife to have dinner and then see the late showing of the final Twilight movie with her girlies last night. The ladies bought their tickets about two months ago and got to watch the previous installment and the final one back to back. Talk about a mad house. The parking lot was overflowing onto other businesses and shoulder of the road. Pure Chaos. I pick her up at midnight and it took fifteen minutes to get out of the parking lot, lol. Anyway, I had to stop for three racoons on the road about a mile from home, they were in absolutly no hurry. I tapped the horn and one looked up at the headlights like he was saying "chill out dude", lol. I was waiting for one to wash the windshield and hold his paw out!
Imposter

London, KY

#75015 Nov 16, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
So I drop off the wife to have dinner and then see the late showing of the final Twilight movie with her girlies last night. The ladies bought their tickets about two months ago and got to watch the previous installment and the final one back to back. Talk about a mad house. The parking lot was overflowing onto other businesses and shoulder of the road. Pure Chaos. I pick her up at midnight and it took fifteen minutes to get out of the parking lot, lol. Anyway, I had to stop for three racoons on the road about a mile from home, they were in absolutly no hurry. I tapped the horn and one looked up at the headlights like he was saying "chill out dude", lol. I was waiting for one to wash the windshield and hold his paw out!
Raccoons' standing in the road... washing windows ...for for handouts???

Humpaburn, Dude, you have finnaly smoked yourself silly.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#75016 Nov 16, 2012
Another chilly day!!
W KY Girl

Oswego, IL

#75017 Nov 16, 2012
Do y'all have any good recipes for coon, rabbit, squirrel, deer, etc. I need to thin some critters out around here. I haven't ever cooked a coon. I'll pass on the possum until I get really hungry! lol
Birds

West Liberty, KY

#75018 Nov 16, 2012
Birds
Imposter

London, KY

#75019 Nov 16, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
Do y'all have any good recipes for coon, rabbit, squirrel, deer, etc. I need to thin some critters out around here. I haven't ever cooked a coon. I'll pass on the possum until I get really hungry! lol
skin, fry, eat.
Imposter

London, KY

#75020 Nov 16, 2012
Birds wrote:
Birds
Bird is the word baby!!!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#75021 Nov 16, 2012
W KY Girl wrote:
I have not eaten anything except deer meat lately that my relative gave me. I have never and will never eat a nasty dead donkey eating Opossum. LOL But in the old days, my granny would cook a raccoon or an Opossum somehow and serve it with baked sweet potatoes. I passed. I think the Opossum is fairly greasy and I don't know about a raccoon. I passed on that too mainly because they looked too much like the Lone Ranger. LOL

A rabbit is more tender and just floured and fried like a chicken and served with mashed potatoes and biscuits and gravy. In Lexington for a while on Boardwalk Ave. was a "take off' restaurant called "Kentucky Fried Rabbit" lol. It did "take off" after a few months and closed. LOL My guess is that those were domestic rabbits.

Squirrels were a little more tough and was just boiled and added in a cream sauce. I never ate much of the tree rats either unless I was really hungry and we were out of Corn Flakes. lol

About the only way that I like deer meat is to do a quick boil of a chunk and then take it out and wash it again in a cold water and vinegar mix (not much vinegar), Slice it really thin, then serve it open faced like a beef manhattan on bread with mashed potatoes covered with McCormick's Brown Gravy mix. At that point, I can't tell any difference between that and an open faced roast beef Manhattan. Some folks call them "roast beef Combinations". My relative likes to butterfly and charcoal grill a chunk of deer tenderloin and fill the butterfly part with Bleu Cheese or Roquert cheese crumbles just before it is almost finished grilling. I tried it and it was okay but not my favorite. I have had deer cooked like a roast with new potatoes, onions, and carrots. I am told that they soaked in overnight in a milk and water mix to remove some of the wild taste.
W KY Girl

Oswego, IL

#75023 Nov 16, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>skin, fry, eat.
I'm thinking marinade, spices, crock pot for a coon. Fried rabbit & squirrel, yes. I cooked some deer on top of the stove a year or so ago that was pretty dang good. I've got soft in my old age, don't really like the dressing part - it makes me sad. lol
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#75024 Nov 16, 2012
A smoker is a good tool for game, it makes game tender and adds flavor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HeShe backing warren for judge 14 min Cool 15
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min The_Box 131,411
Social security 1 hr I know 2
Ginger Discussions 1 hr Ginger 1
Free Goat 1 hr Sunshine 3
Where's Susie hibbard 2 hr Jessie 4
county equipment 3 hr elsi 3
who will you vote for as jailer 5 hr Please stay on track 41
who got arrested at bville walmart? 9 hr Ky Resident 4
Barbourville Dating