Best Athlete To Come From Knox County

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#81 Jan 16, 2010
moi1 wrote:
Rodney Bullock && Greg Foley
RODNEY BULLOCK IS BY NO MEANS THE BEST ATHLETE TO COME FROM KNOX COUNTY.
BRANDON WARREN IS A FAR BETTER ATHLETE THAN RODNEY. HE COULD TAKE RODNEY DOWN QUICK IN MY OPINION.
I hate stupidity

Hazard, KY

#82 Jan 16, 2010
brent mills
i know

London, KY

#83 Jan 16, 2010
most people may not no him but jeff smith they call him jig was one of the best shooters i had ever seen.If he would have stayed away from the stuff he got into he could have went a long way with his abilty's.Oh yea he was a good football player as well the fastest i've seen in person.Just ask anyone that has evr played with the guy basketball was his sport...
curious

Mount Vernon, KY

#84 Jan 17, 2010
no one
curious

Mount Vernon, KY

#85 Jan 17, 2010
ok
michael senters

Hindman, KY

#86 Jan 17, 2010
is without a doubht the best quarterback knox central ever had. 1976-1980
sports

Somerset, KY

#87 Jan 20, 2010
The Canady brothers and Kim Mays...Also the Bledsoe boys weren't so bad..
sports nut

Crossett, AR

#88 Jan 21, 2010
instead of making this an individual posting session about atheletes who are probably posting about themselves, why dont we list a top 10 for each sport? basketball (my favorite), baseball, and football! by the way, why does it matter if any of the choices played pro or college, considering most of the talent in this town has seen neither? i went to school during the 70's and 80's, and let me tell you all that it is of my opinion that sports in this area was at its highest during these two decades. there was no playstation, kids didnt hold back to elevate their performance, and mommy's and daddy's didnt grace the sidelines to help coach "little jr". little league baseball for example, held try outs, the age groups were not split up to the extreme that they are now, there were always more than 5 teams involved, and there was senior league (13-15 yr. olds), and big league (16-18 yr. olds). overall talent in knox county has dropped way off in every sport since then, but i'm not saying that there hasnt been any, but player for player not near as much now as then!
bville fan

Crossett, AR

#89 Jan 21, 2010
kevin rogers, and rodney elliot were two of bvilles best pitchers ever! rogers may have been bvilles best ever!
From days gone by

Harrison, AR

#90 Jan 22, 2010
sports nut wrote:
instead of making this an individual posting session about atheletes who are probably posting about themselves, why dont we list a top 10 for each sport? basketball (my favorite), baseball, and football! by the way, why does it matter if any of the choices played pro or college, considering most of the talent in this town has seen neither? i went to school during the 70's and 80's, and let me tell you all that it is of my opinion that sports in this area was at its highest during these two decades. there was no playstation, kids didnt hold back to elevate their performance, and mommy's and daddy's didnt grace the sidelines to help coach "little jr". little league baseball for example, held try outs, the age groups were not split up to the extreme that they are now, there were always more than 5 teams involved, and there was senior league (13-15 yr. olds), and big league (16-18 yr. olds). overall talent in knox county has dropped way off in every sport since then, but i'm not saying that there hasnt been any, but player for player not near as much now as then!
Talent has lost its way in knox co., but coaches do not push them or even care like they once did. As far as players and athletes. Basketball; Rodney Merida, Todd Pridemore, kevin rogers, Tony Patterson, kim mays, Terry mac ( may not have played but could tear the goal up), Mr.Bingham, bobby jones' little sister,patrick moose smith and dinky phipps. Football; oly white, mark canady, calvin smith, pat hauser,chaz martin, tony harris, brent canady, doug hammons and the young canady boy. Baseball; jerry carey, edwin allen, the brown boys, kevin rogers, greg foley, greg stewart, rodney elliott, randy buchanan,doug hammons, kevin gregory. All of these would have been nothing without good coaches that cared enough to help them, push them and work with them daily. Lets give some credit to them. Herb Tye, Don Bingham, Bill Swafford, Gertie Stewart, Dinky Phipps, and more. Even though some of these boys or girls never seen a pro floor, field or diamond, they all had great talent and should be recognized. Knox county has produced a lot of talent and should be very proud.
me to

United States

#91 Jan 22, 2010
to days gone by. amen to you we have a lot of great athletes and coaches come from our area, just because they may or may not have gone to college or are making millions in the pros,be proud of all of them, that this area has produced.
sports trivia

Harrison, AR

#92 Jan 22, 2010
gertie stewart, dinky phipps and all the other athletes and coaches days gone by stated were great. Gertie Stewart was my baseball coach and if had not been for him, I would have never seen a baseball batters box. Dinky and Big V, and Gertie were 3 great ones at BHS and made sure the talent came out of us boys.
hello

United States

#93 Jan 24, 2010
Eddie Lay was the best ball player to come from Knox County. Seriously!
patrick Smith

United States

#94 Feb 16, 2010
Whats up do we still have any arguments?
patrick Smith

United States

#95 Feb 16, 2010
yea I also was selected to aau trip to vegas with several other athletes who went to college also and played pro also like me so stop hatin omg,whoever the fuck u are, I put my name on here because I am not a scared bitch like u and everyone else grab a glass of haterade I take it ur from Barbourville.
not

Frankfort, KY

#96 Feb 25, 2010
sports wrote:
The Canady brothers and Kim Mays...Also the Bledsoe boys weren't so bad..
the canady brothers not so great, kim, yeah, she was very good.
ConiAir

Mount Vernon, KY

#97 Mar 3, 2010
From days gone by wrote:
<quoted text>Talent has lost its way in knox co., but coaches do not push them or even care like they once did. As far as players and athletes. Basketball; Rodney Merida, Todd Pridemore, kevin rogers, Tony Patterson, kim mays, Terry mac ( may not have played but could tear the goal up), Mr.Bingham, bobby jones' little sister,patrick moose smith and dinky phipps. Football; oly white, mark canady, calvin smith, pat hauser,chaz martin, tony harris, brent canady, doug hammons and the young canady boy. Baseball; jerry carey, edwin allen, the brown boys, kevin rogers, greg foley, greg stewart, rodney elliott, randy buchanan,doug hammons, kevin gregory. All of these would have been nothing without good coaches that cared enough to help them, push them and work with them daily. Lets give some credit to them. Herb Tye, Don Bingham, Bill Swafford, Gertie Stewart, Dinky Phipps, and more. Even though some of these boys or girls never seen a pro floor, field or diamond, they all had great talent and should be recognized. Knox county has produced a lot of talent and should be very proud.
Tyler Hendrickson was the greatest hitter to ever don a KC jersey!!! He should be at a D-1 school right now
been their

Fulton, KY

#98 Mar 3, 2010
Eddie Lay was very good,he should be in the best fighter also,very good and tough,I liked playing on his team,he could back it up also.
Sevendust

London, KY

#99 Jul 30, 2010
Randy Martin, Mark Canady, Wendell Clark, Larry "Bootsy" Brown, Oliver White, Clete Bledsoe, there are numerous athletes who have benn stellar performers.
Agree

United States

#100 Jul 30, 2010
I Know wrote:
Chaz Bargo and Brad Bargo
not many ppl from this small town can say they played for anyone out if town except for college. But Chaz played for Yankees summer minor league in Colorado, played in many college tournaments but won the NAIA college world series, went overseas and played for team USA, which is a great honor!! Great pitcher and just a great athlete and good person off the field as well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deputy officially in fatally shooting 1 hr Quantummist 3
Morgan and courtnei 1 hr know em 4
Ricky Lee Hibbard - Information Needed????? 2 hr Big Sister 6
mike mcdonald 5 hr lol 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr IND 152,052
No regrets 8 hr Quantummist 13
Trump and NAMBLA 8 hr Quantummist 10
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 12 hr Quantummist 36

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages