goingbroke

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Where is the best place to get insurance now days ? I have been with mountain valley for a long time now but my insurance has jumped big time in the last year or so and keeps getting higher..I have a perfect driving record and i'm looking to start rate shopping..Where is the best place to start ?
Insurance

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Probably online...The General or Safe Auto maybe. Locally, with a good driving record, Farm Bureau is usually the cheapest. A lot of people's insurance has gone up recently even with a perfect driving record. If you have a low credit score and/or bad credit, insurance companies will automatically raise your auto insurance. Why...because they can. To me, a bad credit score should have nothing to do with auto insurance costs but we're forced to have insurance and have to pay whatever they charge.
tracker

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

I think it pays to shop around ever so often no matter who you have now. Farm Bureau go too high, I got a better deal at Dell Sams. When they got too high, I checked at State Farm (Jeff Branum) last month and now I'm saving $100.00 a month. When I cancelled with Dell Sams, they said "well you should have ask us before you changed to State Farm, I'm sure we could have given you a cheaper rate." I'm thinking, well if you could have gave it to me cheaper than what you were, why didn't you? So i'm sure they will negotiate with you if they think you're going to go somewhere else.
goingbroke

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

tracker wrote:
I think it pays to shop around ever so often no matter who you have now. Farm Bureau go too high, I got a better deal at Dell Sams. When they got too high, I checked at State Farm (Jeff Branum) last month and now I'm saving $100.00 a month. When I cancelled with Dell Sams, they said "well you should have ask us before you changed to State Farm, I'm sure we could have given you a cheaper rate." I'm thinking, well if you could have gave it to me cheaper than what you were, why didn't you? So i'm sure they will negotiate with you if they think you're going to go somewhere else.
It does pay to shop around..I have tried negotiating but it didn't do no good..They said they can not lower it back down and that's even after i told them I'll be looking for better rates.
Truth

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Judged:

Perfect driving record, only problem was I was out of work so I got canceled.. Have to have full coverage because I owe and the value of the truck is over $30,000.....Jeff Branum State farm, like $350 down & $300 a month, Dell Sams wanted....no Bull, they wanted $450 down and $450 a month, called Geico.....the lady said I'm sorry but the lowest rate I can get you is $167 down and $172 a month, I said I'm sorry I thought I told you I needed full coverage, she said thats what Ive quoted you. I said how do we do this , she said with a debit card. I turned on north 11 and by the time I got to Deatons junk yard I was done and covered. That my friends is the TRUTH
Willard

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

Geico
Kure E Uss

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2013

SafeAuto is usually cheaper than Geico, and usually doesn't require a huge down payment to start up their service. We got ours started for like $93 down, which was basically the first month and a few days of insurance. They'll even fax proof of insurance to the courthouse if you need them to.
Insurance

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Judged:

It takes time, but get quotes from them all. An insurance that is cheaper than other insurance, for someone else, may be higher for you-and it works the other way too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Khatru 122,885
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min Jay 138,789
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Yep 16,031
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Yep 81,217
lamon jones 1 hr cat 28
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 1 hr Big rig 71 2
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SLY WEST 3,440
Corey vs. Collins 3 hr Freeze 60
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••