Polabear

Sikeston, MO

#1 Nov 21, 2008
They just gave on the news csc is laying off
in williamsburgh!!!
sad

Somerset, KY

#2 Nov 21, 2008
that's not good for the ones that do - did they say how many?
wow

Dyer, TN

#3 Nov 21, 2008
Did it say why?

Because they're actively hiring at CSC in Barbourville, for the FBI contracts and USCIS.. And they just finished hiring for DOL.

Was it for the documents unit? I know that they have a unit there that works with USCIS in destorying confidential documents.

“Come on in the Water's Fine”

Since: Oct 08

Barbourville,ky

#4 Nov 22, 2008
Anymore on the layoffs I was suppose to start on the 23rd but after calling yesterday and finding out I have to wait for somone to call me.I have been waiting for a month to go to work.I think they are shady.
Polabear

Sikeston, MO

#5 Nov 22, 2008
csc in williamsburgh is laying off
the office where documents are received.
thats really bad.. Csc in b'ville is
shady that place is a joke I work there.
If you can find a job else where. It is
really a mental break down and emotional one
@ that. Your treated really bad so my
advice is if you dont have no kiddies
go to walmart..

“Come on in the Water's Fine”

Barbourville,ky

#6 Nov 22, 2008
thanks for that.. I am looking elsewhere too.I kindof new something was shady about it when I called Friday and they lady didnt even know where I was suppose to be and what day.She said the lady was out of town
A Question

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Nov 22, 2008
Well I was wondering if anyone knows the web-site that u go to 2 look at your paycheck when u work at CSC. I used to work there and I forget what the website was, but I need to get on there and print off my last pay check stub. Thanks if anyone knows it!
Polabear

Sikeston, MO

#8 Nov 22, 2008
if you still have your login and password it
is http://servicecenter.csc.com .. yep it
can be a drad the callers actually are ok.
The Q&A dept are stupid though.They have a bunch
of nasty people back there. Shh.. they are
some quacks if you hear me.. I have been
there 1 1/2 and the place is ran like a
tree people falls off everyday.. So
good luck in finding a job..
well

Corbin, KY

#9 Nov 22, 2008
I hated when I worked there... it was definitely a mental breakdown.
New

Covington, KY

#10 Nov 22, 2008
I'm new here, where is CSC? What do they do?

Location hidden

#11 Nov 23, 2008
CSC is a call center. We have uscis...which is Immigration and DOL and FBI. You sit and take calls from people all day. FBI is the easiest job from what I hear. I work for USCIS and I hate it. Ive been there almost 3 years. The longer you are there the harder it gets. It is very stressful but it is one of the best jobs around here. It is right beside of the hospital. As if the job isnt stressful enough, you have to have a background check and believe me they ask everything about your past. You feel like your on trail. If they was so worried about our credit I dont think they should have dropped our pay. CSC is a good place to work temporary but you burn out on it really fast.
vixis

Centreville, VA

#12 Mar 17, 2011
CSC Informed employees up in the Washington D.C. Metro area of layoffs, a friend's husband was told Monday will be his last day. He had been with CSC for 20+ years, there are others being laid off with him as well.
well

Manchester, KY

#13 Mar 17, 2011
vixis wrote:
CSC Informed employees up in the Washington D.C. Metro area of layoffs, a friend's husband was told Monday will be his last day. He had been with CSC for 20+ years, there are others being laid off with him as well.
is this data track in barbourville that is laying off?
Skip

Pella, IA

#14 Aug 5, 2011
Looking for people who have previously worked in the CSC environment as a supervisor or manager. Good opportunity for right individuals....please respond! Thanks!
The truth

Hazard, KY

#15 Aug 5, 2011
CSC is a good place to work I have been there over 4 years. So what if you get a bad caller (maybe you was just a bad customer service skills)you are getting paid to do a job. Plus you sit in air condition ALL day in a comfortable chair. Anyone who cant handle working there is a moron and we dont need you please go on to wal mart or find another job.
really

United States

#16 Aug 9, 2011
Learn proper grammar. Oh wait, that is why you love csc so much!
"maybe you was just a bad customer service skills" haha..Maybe you was!!
The truth

London, KY

#17 Aug 10, 2011
you should be a comedian. Go back to the cheese line.Love the fact that is all you can come up with.
Dale

Corbin, KY

#18 Aug 10, 2011
barbourville csc has fired some of their IT people, supervisors, and team leads in the last few months. been kept hush hush though.
bssss

United States

#19 Aug 10, 2011
Dale wrote:
barbourville csc has fired some of their IT people, supervisors, and team leads in the last few months. been kept hush hush though.
lies! 1 person got laid off.
really

United States

#20 Aug 11, 2011
The truth wrote:
you should be a comedian. Go back to the cheese line.Love the fact that is all you can come up with.
maybe you WAS!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
You know what really feels good to me? 17 min Paul Barer 4
best ever 3 hr Large and in charge 2
rats and snitches 5 hr Goodfrands 23
Linzie Broughton 6 hr Lmills9000 3
Where is Brad Warren 7 hr info 2
Best bootlegger in Knox County (Jan '09) 7 hr Pammrn3 26
Judy Scott 7 hr The Real Yeti 28

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance