First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“The dream is Over”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

#61 Jun 5, 2011
travis wrote:
<quoted text>i know its not but ppl all ways say use spell check or something like that but i want to truly fix the problem i have not cover it up or hide the fact i have trouble spelling the biggest problem in this town is things get covered up and not fixed
I have spell check, but seldom have to use it. I've always been decent at reading and writing.
Adam

United States

#62 Jun 5, 2011
I would have to think that the worst job in America would have to be a teacher in Knox County Kentucky. Not because of the BOE, but because of the stupid dope headed parents. Not all of them, I think some are great, but just look at the stats, with most having arrest records, and on welfare, they do nothing but get high then get on topix. The only reason they get angry is not because of the education system, it is because if their child gets suspended, then they have to put up with them at home, and may have to get them something to eat, instead of the school providing it. Bottom line, the parents on this site bashing Knox County are just like the ones, who were on the news last week for getting drunk and leaving a child in a hot car while they when into a strip club! Scum bags!

“The dream is Over”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

#63 Jun 5, 2011
Adam wrote:
I would have to think that the worst job in America would have to be a teacher in Knox County Kentucky. Not because of the BOE, but because of the stupid dope headed parents. Not all of them, I think some are great, but just look at the stats, with most having arrest records, and on welfare, they do nothing but get high then get on topix. The only reason they get angry is not because of the education system, it is because if their child gets suspended, then they have to put up with them at home, and may have to get them something to eat, instead of the school providing it. Bottom line, the parents on this site bashing Knox County are just like the ones, who were on the news last week for getting drunk and leaving a child in a hot car while they when into a strip club! Scum bags!
You're right, Adam.
travis

Somerset, KY

#64 Jun 5, 2011
Good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize for my comment. However, it seems there's always someone on here blaming everything on teachers, and the majority of these people come across as being basically ignorant and illiterate. if they're going to bash teachers, I do wish they would at least attempt to sound somewhat educated. I'm not a teacher, but I get really tired of reading about how teachers don't do this, or do do that, and the whole post is so riddled with misspelled words and no punctuation, I can barely read it! I do know that teachers can only do so much. Bthe students and parents need to do their part as well. Again, I apologize for my comment, and I commend you for trying to do better.
to fit are school both parents and teacher do need to work together.
ever thing in the school needs record it on security cameras and broadcast live over the internet .so parnents can see the truth about their childs behavior in school same gos for the teachers behavior .
that way its easy to see the true problem and it can be fixed with no lies or cover ups on either side .most parents dont have the education to help thier child do better in school or the time . so most parents tend to think its the teacher fault thier childs not doing good in school.
if where going to fix are education system around here its going to take alot of work on both sides.parents need to get more involved with their child or childerns education and make time to help educate them .

travis

Somerset, KY

#65 Jun 5, 2011
to fix sorry about the typo ok fix not to fit
But

Williamsburg, KY

#66 Jun 6, 2011
Wow, Travis. That "typo" was the least of your grammatical worries. Seriously, you have so many problems with your writing abilities that you need to stay away from Topix, lest everyone who visits think we are all illiterate. Since you mentioned earlier that you want to do better, let me give you a quick, grammar lesson, and believe me, there are many others on here who should sit in on this lesson with you: the correct word is our to show possession- not are; everything is one word, not two; recorded- not record it; their is the correct spelling- you seem to spell that word differently in hopes of finally getting it right; "childs" behavior should have an apostrophe to show possession- hence "child's behavior"; gos=goes; its shows possession- use it's when you want the contraction "it is"; when you connect two complete thoughts and a conjunction such as "and" or "but"- use a comma-- or remove the conjunction and use a period; remember to use a capital letter when you begin a new sentence; where is a location-not a replacement for we're or we are; alot is not a word- a lot is correct; etc.. I like your ideas, but you will never be taken seriously until you take time to learn how to effectively communicate what it is you mean to say. Please stop talking before you make us all look stupid...
But

Williamsburg, KY

#67 Jun 6, 2011
Because I feel that Travis' good idea is going to be lost in a cloud of bad grammar, I will clean it up; hopefully, the gist of what he intended to say will be heard and appreciated- because he has a genius solution to the problems that face the Knox County educational system. Hopefully, this post will also serve as a model of how to get people to hear you when you have something important to say:

To fix our schools, both parents and teachers need to work together. Everything that happens in our schools needs to be recorded on security cameras and broadcasted live on the internet so that parents can see the truth about their children's and their children's teachers' behavior at school. Then, it will be easy to see the true problems in our schools without any lies or cover-ups, and the solutions to our problems can be uncovered. Most parents don't have the knowledge or time to help their children do better in school; therefore they blame the problem on the teachers. If we are going to fix the Knox County educational system, it's going to take a lot of work from both parents and teachers; parents need to invest more time and energy learning how to help their kids, and teachers need to work harder to form a partnership with those parents so that, through their collective efforts, the kids will begin to learn how to communicate and live a productive life.
travis

Somerset, KY

#68 Jun 6, 2011
But wrote:
Because I feel that Travis' good idea is going to be lost in a cloud of bad grammar, I will clean it up; hopefully, the gist of what he intended to say will be heard and appreciated- because he has a genius solution to the problems that face the Knox County educational system. Hopefully, this post will also serve as a model of how to get people to hear you when you have something important to say:
To fix our schools, both parents and teachers need to work together. Everything that happens in our schools needs to be recorded on security cameras and broadcasted live on the internet so that parents can see the truth about their children's and their children's teachers' behavior at school. Then, it will be easy to see the true problems in our schools without any lies or cover-ups, and the solutions to our problems can be uncovered. Most parents don't have the knowledge or time to help their children do better in school; therefore they blame the problem on the teachers. If we are going to fix the Knox County educational system, it's going to take a lot of work from both parents and teachers; parents need to invest more time and energy learning how to help their kids, and teachers need to work harder to form a partnership with those parents so that, through their collective efforts, the kids will begin to learn how to communicate and live a productive life.
thanks for fixing ever thing i screwed up on i am working on improving all the problems i have with spelling and missused word i know i suck when it comes to grammar but at lest i am trying to improve and again thanks you for showing me what i did wrong
Actually

Kittanning, PA

#69 Jun 20, 2011
abc wrote:
<quoted text>It's autisum
It's AUTISM! I wish some of you people would learn to spell before you decide to talk about how "dumb" these teachers are!
The truth

Livingston, TN

#70 Oct 12, 2012
Heard some of the teachers at girdler were dangerous???? Swingers .... Why does the super not do background checks... But truth is... This teacher dies share and goes to church faithfully?? Who teaches ur children ?? Scary.. My son Elijah came home telling me what he had her on his 3rd grade teacher!.. And she is married.. Swit hing schools !!!!!! Please watch ur children
Well

United States

#71 Oct 13, 2012
The truth wrote:
Heard some of the teachers at girdler were dangerous???? Swingers .... Why does the super not do background checks... But truth is... This teacher dies share and goes to church faithfully?? Who teaches ur children ?? Scary.. My son Elijah came home telling me what he had her on his 3rd grade teacher!.. And she is married.. Swit hing schools !!!!!! Please watch ur children
I have no ideal what you're talking about and neither do you.
reasons for

Somerset, KY

#72 Oct 14, 2012
When a child has a learning disability and does not have the ability to learn how to do a task they shouldn't be punished and made to feel badly by being held back. Failed is a very self fulfilling idea don't you think. I'm dyslexic, very intelligent, just have real problems with listing letters and numbers in the wrong order. Should I have been "failed" because I can't spell or write well? If a kid is working as hard as they can work and doing as much as they can do they are not a failure. They're doing a whole more than most of the above average kids who do just enough to get by.
idiots speak

Somerset, KY

#73 Oct 14, 2012
concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>
dont be beating my kid or the lawsuit will be on you!
You seem to be one of those parents who uphold their children regardless of their behavior. I'm here to tell you, if a child EVER threatens me with a knife, not only will I attempt to physically break them down, but I will have them hauled away in a KSP car for terroristic threatening and attempted assault with a deadly weapon. And just so you know, I will be well within the law and my rights to do so. I am also quite sure if your child was in a classroom where such a thing happened your attitude would be vastly different. You are obviously an idiot or you would never have made such a statement. If my child had ever threatened a teacher with a deadly weapon, It would have been me he/she would have been most worried about, and that was after the teacher had gotten through with him/her.
WOW

Corbin, KY

#74 Oct 14, 2012
travis wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for fixing ever thing i screwed up on i am working on improving all the problems i have with spelling and missused word i know i suck when it comes to grammar but at lest i am trying to improve and again thanks you for showing me what i did wrong
wow travis,,you must be a good guy because i would have told them to kiss my ass...to many people worry about how people spell,an how people make mistakes.this is topix not school.its kind of like texting,no one ever spells out everything or cares if it is spelled right.so who gives a shit if words are not spelled out right except the smartasses?do any of you guys remember the class they use to have years ago called,,SHORT HAND?they might still have it i dont know.
hmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#75 Oct 14, 2012
But wrote:
Wow, Travis. That "typo" was the least of your grammatical worries. Seriously, you have so many problems with your writing abilities that you need to stay away from Topix, lest everyone who visits think we are all illiterate. Since you mentioned earlier that you want to do better, let me give you a quick, grammar lesson, and believe me, there are many others on here who should sit in on this lesson with you: the correct word is our to show possession- not are; everything is one word, not two; recorded- not record it; their is the correct spelling- you seem to spell that word differently in hopes of finally getting it right; "childs" behavior should have an apostrophe to show possession- hence "child's behavior"; gos=goes; its shows possession- use it's when you want the contraction "it is"; when you connect two complete thoughts and a conjunction such as "and" or "but"- use a comma-- or remove the conjunction and use a period; remember to use a capital letter when you begin a new sentence; where is a location-not a replacement for we're or we are; alot is not a word- a lot is correct; etc.. I like your ideas, but you will never be taken seriously until you take time to learn how to effectively communicate what it is you mean to say. Please stop talking before you make us all look stupid...
If you are going to correct someone, at least use correct grammar and usage when you do it. Yours is pretty pathetic. Usage and comma errors galore...
Need to Know

United States

#76 Sep 7, 2013
Lay has a smacker for a kindergarten teacher, if you have a child going or a child there I would not allow them to have her as a teacher! Nothin personal font know her but if she's laying hands on children who knows what she's capable of.
Really

United States

#77 Sep 7, 2013
Need to Know wrote:
Lay has a smacker for a kindergarten teacher, if you have a child going or a child there I would not allow them to have her as a teacher! Nothin personal font know her but if she's laying hands on children who knows what she's capable of.
I'm so sure that's true! Who is it then? How do you know it's true if you don't know her? Stupid gossip and rumors!
Well

United States

#78 Sep 8, 2013
Need to Know wrote:
I would like to know who this is you're talking about please? Thanks
lay

London, KY

#79 Sep 8, 2013
Lay I don't like it
jackie

Gray, KY

#80 Sep 9, 2013
i would like to know who it is i have three grandkids that go there and when one of them lays their hands on one of my grandkids i will put my hands on them and i bet they will never touch another kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who's afraid of big bad Jeff 15 min Football fan 3
KC FOOTBALL/Scotty Russell is a Joke 37 min Only in Knox 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Strel 153,531
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 3 hr Sheryl81 69
What do bed bugs look like ? 3 hr poater 4
Brenda n Dannie 4 hr adver 1
Union going under? (Apr '13) 5 hr weird 53

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance