|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep Temperatures has On Average risen over the last 20 years... And there it not a question of the temp's rising. They have been rising at the same rate for 7000 years. About 30,000 years ago the temp went up real fast and did so until about 7000 years ago and then it slowed down the the rate it is today. There are short period rises and short period drops every 20 to 40 years. with longer spikes every few hundred years. Here's a good little chart of Climate change over the last 100,000 years. http://www.wunderground.com/education/GISPIIt...
But you will here about the so called Hockey Stick graphs that seem to show a Drastic Spike over the last 30 years and that is what most of those that think man has something to do with it point to.. But what they don't tell you is that those data set are Flawed and the guy that produced the Hockey Stick Graphs cheated . When he published his finding they were accepted without question. His published Paper was what started the Global Warming scare . After it was shown to be Dead Wrong is when the Man Made Global Warming folks changed it to Man Made Climate Change because there was No Evidence for a big warming trend. Here's a really good article of the Fraud of that Hockey Stick graph. http://a-sceptical-mind.com/the-rise-and-fall...
But the Big thing that Kills even Man Made Climate Change is the very ice core samples used by the Climate Change folks... They say look, look at the ice cores . In the past when temps were high the CO2 level was high. and yes that is true. What they don't tell you is which came first. If CO2 causes it to get warmer and CO2 rises first then sometime later the temps rise then man spewing out more CO2 could cause the temps to rise. That is their Main and really Only argument for Man Made Climate Change.
Problem. Those Ice Core Samples and Known Science says that CO2 LAGS temp rise from 30 to 80 years. Which should be the nail in the coffin of Man Caused Global Climate Change. The Process is that as it warms up the oceans release CO2, as it warms organic stuff decays faster, as it warms carbonaceous rock out gasses faster so it makes sense that when it gets warm later the CO2 gets higher. But Believers still Believe.
Now you will hear how there is Consensus. And the defenders (That get paid for researching the subject) will say that all the Peer Reviewed Papers agree in Man Caused Climate Change. And that there are almost no Peer reviewed papers that show it's not man made. But those peer reviewed papers are reviewed by those that claim it is mans fault. Then refuse to publish any paper that don't agree
Yes the earth goes in to differnt weather patterns really has nothing to do with what happens of the surface it is very old and has its own ways cold and heat have been around for a while.
Sam

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Justified wrote:
Mad as Hell. Obama on TV. Going to use exeitive orders re: gun control. I'v called everywhere and nobody has 38 or 40 cal shells. Walmart girl in sporting goods told me they were out. I asked if they were on order. She told me she was'nt allowed to order anymore and said that came from the company head. I've called all the gun shops around here and they are also out. Was told they were on back order and had no idea if or when they would get them. I guess if someone breaks in on us we are suppose to hit them over the head with the stock. Looks like with the stroke of the pen Obama will have us under control like Nero Caesar.
. We order almost and gun on line, went to order more and they were out. Get stuff now because u better believe the time is getting close. Jobs slim soon more break ins. Druggie want money. U r smart and I personally know of doctors buying up stuff too. Maybe get gun and almo to fit where u can find it. Obama is a hitler wait and see
Sam

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have seen this coming and been stock piling like many of us for the last year....
yes I should have sen it earlier. Thank god had guns already. I purchased almo on line and now there are no more that I could find. U were smarter than me but I never did like that real piece of work. Guess stimulus package and letting Mexicans in us, is what got that nut in
Sam

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

gunless wrote:
<quoted text> By god he's going to stop these killings and i'm glad!! he's taking all the guns and all the ammo accept for hunting guns and maybe we won't have 11,000 gun deaths a year.. all you barrel suckers suck it up and take it ! take and turn all your guns into the sheriffs office emmediately !! and don't think you can fight back with your little plinkers !! obama has weapons of mass destruction and you'all know he wouldn't hesitate to use them to protect the american people.. now tomorrow is tuesday so lets get em all over to john ok ? thanks
. Watch tv dumbass and see if innocent people do continue to be killed. Sure they will by nuts that already have and will keep their guns . What if a nut kills your family because u do not have gun to protect your family. Or do u know some thief u want to protect. Just make sure u keep thiefs away from people with guns
Randy

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

DDgunslinger wrote:
Today, America stands on the verge of domestic war precisely because America stands on the verge of dictatorship. A corporate-flavored variety of fascism has reared its ugly soul, where corporations and government conspire in dark rooms to rob from the American people their health, their paychecks, their voices and their rifles. The face of that fascism is unimportant because it is the same face that fascists have presented throughout history: the face of a talented orator, a handsome, even noble-looking gentleman, a man of the people who explains that his acts of power usurpation are only pursued with great reluctance and at the desperate demand of his constituents. This is the well-worn justification of Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Tse Teng, and now Barack Obama.
so right , but people will learn much to late
Randy

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama taught constitutional law, I think he could understand the constitution better than most, especially better than someone from a hollow in Barbourville Ky, who is probably high school dropout and hasn't been out of the state more than a few times in their whole life. Do you actually think you know more about the constitution then the President? If you do then that just shows how ignorant you really are!
hillbillies was eating during depression
Randy

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been saying it for years.... Everyone needs to have a 6 months supply of nonperishable food and water, several kerosine lamps and a wood or coal heating source... Along with a minimum of 3 firearms and as much ammo as you can stockpile... A .22 rimfire, a 12 gauge and a high powered rifle... at minimum... If life goes on as normal you have stuff set aside so no big deal.... If any of a 1000 things goes belly up (Sun Spots, Economic fail, earth quake, Alien Invasion or what ever) You have a period of time to survive until you can learn to deal with the new conditions of life... My rule is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it....
. I have gun and almo. But thanks for reminding me of the rest. My fireplace is not enough, thanks and god bless because we have children to look after,
Boyd

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Scraw Claw wrote:
<quoted text>
What an Idiot you are, Do you not Realize that Obamas children are Gaurded by Guns ! Plinkers, Listen, Kentuckians don't own Plinkers!!! Do we not have the same right to protect our children & Homes by Guns? Yes we do, Listen Pasny, you may not have a Gun! Many of us own several Guns & we will protect our Children & our Homes. Obama isn't protecting America, he is setting us All up for Mass Destruction, including you Idiot! Good luck Hiding yourself & your Family when this all takes Place! You'll be the first ones going down. The rest of us will be prepared... So what ever Dream world you live in, it's not here in Ky...Get a Gun & Shut the Heck up!!! All of the Gun Deaths that have taken Place because of some Freak on Medication that had access to a Gun!!! No one has been killed in Ky by Someone who owned a Dang Gun! You better go back & do your Research, you are missinformed. Or you're Dang Stupid!
. How true
Life

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

From what I have read and listen to on a variety of news programs, I generally fell President Obama believes in the 2nd ammentment.He doesn't want to take a private citizen's right to bear arms...for hunting, for personal safety, etc...but I ask why does anyone need an assanlt rifle or any gun that holds many rounds of amno that could be shot off in a min...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Randy wrote:
<quoted text>. I have gun and almo. But thanks for reminding me of the rest. My fireplace is not enough, thanks and god bless because we have children to look after,
IGA has a good price on Smoked Hams... A smoked ham can hang in a cool place for Years and give you a ready food source for weeks when needed... Also at the Station on 25 heading for Corbin they have plastic barrels that are great for long term storage for Flour, sugar, Meal, Oatmeal & Salt ... I put the stuff in yard & Leaf garbage bags and tie them then seal up the barrels with Wax to make sure they stay Air Tight and the stuff will be good for a couple of years.. And 3 or four make great long term water storage ... Also great to use if you have a storage space problem for your canned goods.. just seal them up and bury them so the tops about a foot down and they will not freeze over the winter and they won't rust in the sealed plastic barrels...

Also suggest getting a few survival books ... One on snares and traps and a good book on Wild Plants for food and medicinal use...

I like
"Guide to Wild Edible and Medicinal Plants" (Field Guide)by Tom Brown

"The Rural Ranger a Suburban and Urban Survival Manual & Field Guide of Traps and Snares for Food and Survival" by Ron Foster

United States Army Survival Manual by Dept of The Army

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Did anybody watch the Senate Hearing on guns today?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Life wrote:
From what I have read and listen to on a variety of news programs, I generally fell President Obama believes in the 2nd ammentment.He doesn't want to take a private citizen's right to bear arms...for hunting, for personal safety, etc...but I ask why does anyone need an assanlt rifle or any gun that holds many rounds of amno that could be shot off in a min...
Then you need to educate yourself... Why would you want to ban a type of gun that is hardly every used in murders? Yet not concern yourself with the weapon that that are used to kill the most people....

In 2011 the Total Homicides committed using Rifles of All Types and Magazine Capacities was 323 ... I Repeat.. 323... Of that number 21 were Justified Homicides used in Self Defense... Of that the number of So Called Assault Weapons with High Capacity Magazines was around 50... I repeat.. 50

During that same time there were 1,694 Homicides committed using Knives.... There were 496 Homicides committed using Hammers and Clubs... There were 726 Homicides committed using Hands and Feet....
There were 726 Homicides committed using 75 using Fire....

Now what could possibly be the reason to Ban just those weapons? Well if you pass a law the bans such items on a Federal Level then any arrest for possession is automatically a Felony ... Being such anyone caught with any of the items banned would be then banned from Ever Owning another Firearm of any kind for life there by sidestepping the Second Amendment without having to put it to a vote for Amendment and Ratification which would never pass...

Like many other things this President is Lying along with the rest of the left when they say they do not want to take All Guns from the Citizens of the US.. They Absolutely would over turn the 2nd amendment in a heart beat and Ban all firearms if they could... And you have fallen for the Big Lie...

To me it's Sad that so many people have become dependent uneducated followers of those that use them for their own personal Power...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Limbertwig wrote:
Parts... Was just the same O same o with people that want guns banned using emotions and feeling and those that support the 2nd amendment giving rational and statistical arguments...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Limbertwig wrote:
But as alway... You cannot have a rational, logical discussion with irrational, illogical people....

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Parts... Was just the same O same o with people that want guns banned using emotions and feeling and those that support the 2nd amendment giving rational and statistical arguments...
I watched it on CSPAN, I liked some of what I heard but most of it was a bunch of crap. They said it is unconstitutional to force people to register their guns. On the other hand they want to make background checks manditory on ammo purchases. In my mind that would be the same as registering that you are a gun owner if they keep those records on file. That bothers me a little but I can live with it. I'm all for background checks for the purchase of guns even if I'm the seller or buyer.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched it on CSPAN, I liked some of what I heard but most of it was a bunch of crap. They said it is unconstitutional to force people to register their guns. On the other hand they want to make background checks manditory on ammo purchases. In my mind that would be the same as registering that you are a gun owner if they keep those records on file. That bothers me a little but I can live with it. I'm all for background checks for the purchase of guns even if I'm the seller or buyer.
While I would fully support a back ground check I do not support it if the purchase is stored and saved, passed to assorted governmental agencies or made public... And there in is the Rub...

In New Orleans during Katrina the Police and National Guard were supplied Registration Information of Citizens that had Registered guns... They then went Door to door of those on file and Confiscated their guns...

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
While I would fully support a back ground check I do not support it if the purchase is stored and saved, passed to assorted governmental agencies or made public... And there in is the Rub...
In New Orleans during Katrina the Police and National Guard were supplied Registration Information of Citizens that had Registered guns... They then went Door to door of those on file and Confiscated their guns...
I dont fully understand how if I am going to sale someone a gun how am I to run a background check? The person and I would have to go to the Court House and pay them to run the check I'm thinking.
Patsy

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
IGA has a good price on Smoked Hams... A smoked ham can hang in a cool place for Years and give you a ready food source for weeks when needed... Also at the Station on 25 heading for Corbin they have plastic barrels that are great for long term storage for Flour, sugar, Meal, Oatmeal & Salt ... I put the stuff in yard & Leaf garbage bags and tie them then seal up the barrels with Wax to make sure they stay Air Tight and the stuff will be good for a couple of years.. And 3 or four make great long term water storage ... Also great to use if you have a storage space problem for your canned goods.. just seal them up and bury them so the tops about a foot down and they will not freeze over the winter and they won't rust in the sealed plastic barrels...
Also suggest getting a few survival books ... One on snares and traps and a good book on Wild Plants for food and medicinal use...
I like
"The Rural Ranger a Suburban and Urban Survival Manual & Field Guide of Traps and Snares for Food and Survival" by Ron Foster
. Thank u for sharing this info and I for one will put if into action, what do you think about buying up canning jars, rings and flats?
Patsy

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I like
. Is the plastic barrels safe what was stored in them, also what kind of wax do u sill the barrels with, where do u purchase wax. I think u so much because I worry about my children, who can I get to clean out my grandmothers well , which is on the old home place. I also need well buckets etc. what advice on garden seeds and how to store for many years. Would water be safe to drink in Corbin barrels and how much do the cost. People need to wake up for their kids sake if they do not care about themselves. Covers and warm clothing is a need for sure

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Patsy wrote:
<quoted text>. Thank u for sharing this info and I for one will put if into action, what do you think about buying up canning jars, rings and flats?
It's good but I always fear a broken seal or a cracked jar over time... While they are great for a year or two with most stuff I always have a fear I will get one that lost it's seal and if you really need it and it gives you dysentery... A Really Bad thing if you are to the point of using the food then you are probably at a point where medical care is none existent....

Which brings up a point I misses... Medical Supplies... Get every thing you can lay your hands on... And A good field surgical / medical book... You can buy a Full Field Surgical kit on Ebay and you should have a couple Gal of Everclear 190 Proof Grain Alcohol.. And not a bad idea to know how to build a small still and ferment fruit and grains to make alcohol... It has a Hundred Uses... you can make Alcohol lamps, sterilize instrument, sterilize cuts and scrapes, purify water, use as a anesthetic and of course to get your mood up on a dark night...

Also a stock of Gasoline and Kerosine is a Very good idea... The place on 25 that sells the Plastic Barrels also sell the 55gal metal barrels and when filled with Fuel and covered in a tarp they won't rust out for many years...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Reality 149,803
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min stuck in a lodi 130,222
Churches 35 min Preached 1
Charmaine Partin 1 hr Sad 2
dead beat mothers 2 hr oldlady 1
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 3 hr Momolovesmatthew 1
selfless love witnessed 3 hr IronHammer 1
Sheriff deputies 4 hr cant wait 16
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 7 hr Brain dead 8

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters