First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Oger

London, KY

#21 Mar 16, 2013
shedevil wrote:
<quoted text>Ewww no thanks i'll pass.Hint if you want to turn a girl on that's the wrong way to do it.Talk like that doesn't turn us on it turns our stomach.
lol

The hell you say!?

Wasn't attempting to "turn you on" why don't you give me some information I don't already know?
shedevil

Glenpool, OK

#22 Mar 16, 2013
Oger wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
The hell you say!?
Wasn't attempting to "turn you on" why don't you give me some information I don't already know?
I would but as the saying goes you can't teach a oger new tricks.lol
Oger

London, KY

#23 Mar 16, 2013
shedevil wrote:
<quoted text>I would but as the saying goes you can't teach a oger new tricks.lol
That's true, considering the fact that this "Oger" already knows them all...*wink*
unknown

London, KY

#24 Mar 16, 2013
well that's funny i saw the same lights but toward bell county

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#26 Mar 16, 2013
Saw these two blue lights pass over head above Heidrick, Kentucky 1/25/2013 moving South East at what seemed a few 1000 feet up.. They were below the cloud layer which was according to Weather Underground about 2500 foot... The wind was blowing about 5 to 10 MPH to the North and they were moving South East ... On the 27th I saw a formation of 4 lights of about the same color and brightness heading South West at about the same altitude but my cam batt's were dead...

http://youtu.be/Ztp4r3TAsBk
Probably

Williamsburg, KY

#27 Mar 16, 2013
Commercial drones searching for gas and oil.
heard that

London, KY

#28 Mar 16, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Saw these two blue lights pass over head above Heidrick, Kentucky 1/25/2013 moving South East at what seemed a few 1000 feet up.. They were below the cloud layer which was according to Weather Underground about 2500 foot... The wind was blowing about 5 to 10 MPH to the North and they were moving South East ... On the 27th I saw a formation of 4 lights of about the same color and brightness heading South West at about the same altitude but my cam batt's were dead...
http://youtu.be/Ztp4r3TAsBk
I pretty much saw the same thing in the same area on july 4 th last year.
Danger

Barbourville, KY

#29 Mar 17, 2013
Funny I saw these posts, but perhaps 3 weeks ago, heading to Barbourville from Corbin (work). It was around 12:50 at night, when I saw a bright green flash. At first I glanced up, knowing those tower lights are there. Then the entire sky lit up green almost as bright as the sun for about 2 seconds or so. I was almost to Gillam hill, and it looked like the flash occurred out in that valley behind Vickie's burgers (or whatever it's named now). Sadly I didn't see the source, but it reminded me of a firework, but of a enormous proportion. Perhaps a UFO, maybe even a meteorite like in Russia. Who knows?
UFO

Williamsburg, KY

#30 Mar 17, 2013
Danger wrote:
Funny I saw these posts, but perhaps 3 weeks ago, heading to Barbourville from Corbin (work). It was around 12:50 at night, when I saw a bright green flash. At first I glanced up, knowing those tower lights are there. Then the entire sky lit up green almost as bright as the sun for about 2 seconds or so. I was almost to Gillam hill, and it looked like the flash occurred out in that valley behind Vickie's burgers (or whatever it's named now). Sadly I didn't see the source, but it reminded me of a firework, but of a enormous proportion. Perhaps a UFO, maybe even a meteorite like in Russia. Who knows?
National Guard training, countermeasure flare.
Oy Vay

Barbourville, KY

#31 Mar 18, 2013
The Specialist wrote:
It's that tower's lights you guys are seeing. It's been there as long as I can remember.
It wasn't the tower lights for either the small or the big tower in question. I drove out that hollow for a small ways until I was pretty much underneath the actual lights before they blinked off then back on before making the plane engine sound of a prop driven plane. I am familiar with all types of aircraft as I fly RC airplanes. And this thing was at least 1500-2200 feet above ground with its headlamps on.

As for the person who said crashing into clouds sounds normal. Yes it does sound normal. But when those headlamps are on, they create a visual hazard for the pilots due to how bright they are.(Rated at 25 million or more candle power) Running those lights at any altitude before coming in for a landing is against aviation policy and safety protocols. The pilot must be within 1000 feet of the ground and coming in for a landing, or taxiing on the runway in order for those lights to be on. Otherwise it is considered an emergency due to possible hi-jacking (implemented since 9/11) or for a crash landing. And since nothing has been reported about a plane crash in or near Corbin/Barbourville. I doubt it was that.
uhh

Williamsburg, KY

#32 Mar 18, 2013
swamp gas
star watcher

United States

#33 Mar 19, 2013
I have saw many things in my time and there is no doubt in my mind that there is life somewhere else. If you look and listen you will learn.
shedevil

Glenpool, OK

#34 Mar 19, 2013
lmao I need some of what you all been drinking.
well

Big Stone Gap, VA

#35 Mar 20, 2013
I dont think so lol
star watcher

United States

#36 Mar 22, 2013
I see strange lights almost nightly.
Oger

Albany, KY

#37 Mar 22, 2013
star watcher wrote:
I see strange lights almost nightly.
Then, perhaps you best ask who is "flicking" the switch?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry Rabbit Cox (Jul '14) 6 min concerned citizen 18
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 28 min Mike Duquette 133,378
Bill Cox (Mar '12) 1 hr Child from the past 124
full blooded lab puppies for sale (Aug '09) 1 hr bonnie 7
in the corbin times barbourville Wet vote! 1 hr Jason 6
Where to sign WET petition ?"??? 1 hr Please sign 2
Terry Smith 1 hr rooster run 3
Keep our town DRY 1 hr FigureItOut 14
dinky phipps 3 hr Tired of jealous ... 30
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu marsh 55
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster
Yahoo! Sports 9:39 AM
Dalton to replace Rodgers for Pro Bowl
NFL10:12 AM
Andy Dalton added to Pro Bowl roster
NBC Sports12:57 PM
Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton headed to his 2nd Pro Bowl
NBC Sports 3:15 AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition