reader

Barbourville, KY

#1 Aug 7, 2014
Do they still do this. I need a license for a job but mine are suspended in another state and I will loose my job if I don't have one in 60 days which I think is a stupid new requirement. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
reader

Barbourville, KY

#2 Aug 7, 2014
I am asking about the hard ship license. Sorry didn't realize I don't make my question more clear.
James

United States

#3 Aug 8, 2014
Were you driving up and down the road drunk?
Citizen

Keavy, KY

#4 Aug 10, 2014
Mine are suspended in another state and I can't get them here. I tried 2 different times with several years in between and still couldn't get them. I was told they have to be taken care of in the state they were suspended in first then released to get them here. Mine were suspended because of no insurance, maybe it is different if they were suspended for other reasons I don't know. Hopefully you will have better luck than what I did. I don't know anything about "the hardship license" but I would imagine you will have to take care of them in whatever state they are suspended in first...it's all about getting their money.
Good luck and I hope you don't lose your job.
Don Juan

United States

#5 Aug 11, 2014
All about getting their money? How about keeping the roads safer for normal tax paying citizens who do pay their insurance! If you don't have insurance and you hit someone, what do you think will happen to your poor victim? I don't feel sorry for you at all.
Citizen

Keavy, KY

#6 Aug 11, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
All about getting their money? How about keeping the roads safer for normal tax paying citizens who do pay their insurance! If you don't have insurance and you hit someone, what do you think will happen to your poor victim? I don't feel sorry for you at all.
I wasn't asking you or anyone else for that matter to feel sorry for me and I sure was not looking for any sympathy. I was simply answering a question that was asked. I could sit here and explain why my insurance had lapsed (because obviously I had to have it at one point to license the car) but it is really none of your business. You seriously need to get a life, what does paying taxes have anything to do with car insurance. I pay taxes just like all us working people do, one has nothing to do with the other. Find someone else to preach to I was just answering the question. GEEEZ
Don Juan

United States

#7 Aug 11, 2014
You shouldn't be on the road driving without insurance. It's that simple.
Rumors

Pineville, KY

#8 Aug 12, 2014
Don Juan wrote:
You shouldn't be on the road driving without insurance. It's that simple.
That is of Corse if your toddler has fallen into a temperature driven coma state during the early hours of the morning, and the hospital is within seeing distance. Or, are you one of those fine upstanding law abiding citizens that would allow your child to take the big trip to the promise land in a situation like that, when time is of the upmost importance?

Got to admire such law abidingness, I guess???? Right? <Shrugs>

I know damn well what I would do in a situation as that. I'd make a cross symbol, from forehead to belly button, from nipple to nipple, and haul arse in my ole rusted out ford F100, child in hand.
Citizen

Keavy, KY

#9 Aug 13, 2014
I Couldn't agree more! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and even though I have never been able to get my license back, because personally I don't have five hundred dollars to hand over to get them back I don't regret one bit making the trip I had to made when I lost them. Don't get me wrong I agree that everyone should have insurance but sometimes life just don't work out the way we would like it to. If put in the same situation again I would do the same thing even knowing I would never have license again. Maybe some people do get to sail through life with no problems but I live in the real world where problems and troubles exist.
For the person that originally asked the question about the license, I truly do hope you don't lose your job. Best of luck to you.
Don Juan

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2014
Citizen wrote:
I Couldn't agree more! Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and even though I have never been able to get my license back, because personally I don't have five hundred dollars to hand over to get them back I don't regret one bit making the trip I had to made when I lost them. Don't get me wrong I agree that everyone should have insurance but sometimes life just don't work out the way we would like it to. If put in the same situation again I would do the same thing even knowing I would never have license again. Maybe some people do get to sail through life with no problems but I live in the real world where problems and troubles exist.
For the person that originally asked the question about the license, I truly do hope you don't lose your job. Best of luck to you.
.

If they get their license back and they are driving without insurance again, I sure hope they hit you instead of me.
Citizen

Keavy, KY

#11 Aug 14, 2014
Well I hope that You...Me...or anyone for that matter doesn't get involved in a wreck of any kind. Since losing my licence I no longer drive so it will not be an issue for me as far as I am concerned. I can completely understand your view on uninsured drivers...They should not be behind the wheel.
You have a Great Day....Stay Safe...and May God Truly Bless you and always watch over you.
meeeeeeeee

London, KY

#12 Aug 14, 2014
you cant get a hardship in ky anymore but u can go to ga. and get a p o box there and get one.
GamerGirl

London, KY

#13 Aug 14, 2014
You might speak to your employer and explain your situation, tell them that you are in the process of getting them back, and ask them if there is any way they will accept a state ID for now until you can get the matter resolved. Most employers will work with you unless your job requires driving. I do not drive myself, due to a phobia I have and am trying to work through, but every employer I've had in the past has been willing to accept this, and let me submit alternate identification, even jobs where I've been bonded and required security clearance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min who cares 148,887
chinese restaurant RUDE 1 hr Kayak 10
Msc, thoughts, give em to me 1 hr Who 31
tara 2 hr han 5
Liquor License to locals only 2 hr Two Chosen 9
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 3 hr Same ole 9
School board member chooses liquor over KIDS ! 5 hr Opinion 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages