KSP conducts sting of gambling devices in Bell, Knox

Jan 8, 2010 Full story: Harlan Daily Enterprise 36

The Kentucky State Police collected over $62,000 and 49 alleged illegal gambling devices after they executed several search warrants at multiple businesses across Knox and Bell counties Thursday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 09

Barbourville, KY

#21 Jan 12, 2010
I think it's a darn shame!!! Those machines were some good clean fun and now I don't know what ill do when i get my check the first of the month!!
Weiner ROD

AOL

#22 Jan 13, 2010
You always signed a paper when you played them or they paid out. I think it a shame they took them. Now, are you going to OTB parlors to play them? People paid tax on those machines...I know.
Glen

London, KY

#23 Jan 14, 2010
No one is above the law--They got the Mayor of Barbourville poker machines--
greedy

Waneta, KY

#24 Jan 14, 2010
how about the one in mev,s grocery in the back of the store but i think it,s bill,s.
gray gods

Middlesboro, KY

#26 Jan 14, 2010
they only get who they want, the big name that they think will build their own. mev's, gambrel's grocery, pig's...they're not worried about them. hey, wonder when they'll take down the multi-thousand dollar card game that takes place at the wildcat den every tuesday night? they won't.
well well

Barbourville, KY

#27 Jan 14, 2010
they got everybody even got the clerks machines and jailer to in flat lick
meat

Somerset, KY

#28 Jan 15, 2010
You idiot.. There isn't a slot on any tax return that anyone with any intelligence would put an income in for 'illegally acquired funds.'
Weiner ROD wrote:
You always signed a paper when you played them or they paid out. I think it a shame they took them. Now, are you going to OTB parlors to play them? People paid tax on those machines...I know.
just wondering

Middlesboro, KY

#29 Jan 15, 2010
what about the machines that are in the wildcat den? surely they didn't bypass those machines, people hit big on those until they would rig them, they were bad for that.i heard that grouch of lady in there that runs it is a bitch. they need to put her in ass in jail.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#30 Jan 30, 2010
At least now I'll be able to find a parking spot at Messers (Spur #1) when I go do Laundry....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#31 Jan 30, 2010
holler_hottie wrote:
I think it's a darn shame!!! Those machines were some good clean fun and now I don't know what ill do when i get my check the first of the month!!
I got an Idea.... Feed your family....and pay your bills...:)
edd

United States

#32 Jan 30, 2010
give a thumbs up for the state police great job keep it up

“Pi$$ing Off The Masses”

Since: Sep 08

Appalachian Mountains

#33 Jan 30, 2010
Quantummist wrote:
At least now I'll be able to find a parking spot at Messers (Spur #1) when I go do Laundry....
Sure was a pain in the butt when we had to carry those big tubs across the parking lot wasn't it, sweetheart, lol...
big hammer

Manchester, KY

#34 Jan 30, 2010
Unfriendly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right because they are above the law so leave them alone.
they know they will get a fist right in the face,thats the reason.
x-gambler

Richmond, KY

#35 Mar 22, 2013
Its as bad as drugs, it destroys families to the point that the children go without because their parents have a "Gambling Addiction", they know who an where these places operate, the problem is their too scared to do anything about it, knowingly they are funded by drug dealers, its a racket to distort money from people that cant control their addiction, now, doesnt that sound awhole lot like Drugs?? Think about it.
a big 10 4

Winchester, KY

#36 Mar 22, 2013
another one wrote:
and howards up 119 that once was called brocks market, they have those machines
and so does pigs brother up towards harlan county
how do they get by with that?
dirty laundry

Richmond, KY

#37 Mar 22, 2013
An important fact has been overlooked. Money won by legal gambling is taxed, so the state gets some benefits from it. The proceeds from illegal gambling benefit only the greedy, money-hungry owner of the "legitimate" business who keeps poker machines in the back room. These machines are labeled "for amusement only"' but everybody knows that if a business has poker machines inside, cash payoffs are made to those who play the machines and win. It's disgusting.the machines are set to payout when alot of money is put in the crazy people who waste their money are just making others rich thousands of dollars are made from these machines in a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr crazy 227
teena Marie mills 1 hr infoman 9
Cody Carnes 2 hr Proof 7
Emily Collins 4 hr john 3
where the heck is brandon brayson? (Apr '11) 5 hr truth 7
jason hughes 5 hr whoa 12
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 5 hr barberette5657 3
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 7 hr Just a fact 22
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52