KSP conducts sting of gambling devices in Bell, Knox

Jan 8, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Harlan Daily Enterprise

The Kentucky State Police collected over $62,000 and 49 alleged illegal gambling devices after they executed several search warrants at multiple businesses across Knox and Bell counties Thursday.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Dec 09

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Judged:

I think it's a darn shame!!! Those machines were some good clean fun and now I don't know what ill do when i get my check the first of the month!!
Weiner ROD

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2010

You always signed a paper when you played them or they paid out. I think it a shame they took them. Now, are you going to OTB parlors to play them? People paid tax on those machines...I know.
Glen

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

No one is above the law--They got the Mayor of Barbourville poker machines--
greedy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

how about the one in mev,s grocery in the back of the store but i think it,s bill,s.
gray gods

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

Judged:

they only get who they want, the big name that they think will build their own. mev's, gambrel's grocery, pig's...they're not worried about them. hey, wonder when they'll take down the multi-thousand dollar card game that takes place at the wildcat den every tuesday night? they won't.
well well

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

they got everybody even got the clerks machines and jailer to in flat lick
meat

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

You idiot.. There isn't a slot on any tax return that anyone with any intelligence would put an income in for 'illegally acquired funds.'
Weiner ROD wrote:
You always signed a paper when you played them or they paid out. I think it a shame they took them. Now, are you going to OTB parlors to play them? People paid tax on those machines...I know.
just wondering

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Judged:

what about the machines that are in the wildcat den? surely they didn't bypass those machines, people hit big on those until they would rig them, they were bad for that.i heard that grouch of lady in there that runs it is a bitch. they need to put her in ass in jail.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Judged:

At least now I'll be able to find a parking spot at Messers (Spur #1) when I go do Laundry....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Judged:

holler_hottie wrote:
I think it's a darn shame!!! Those machines were some good clean fun and now I don't know what ill do when i get my check the first of the month!!
I got an Idea.... Feed your family....and pay your bills...:)
edd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Judged:

give a thumbs up for the state police great job keep it up

“Pi$$ing Off The Masses”

Since: Sep 08

Appalachian Mountains

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Quantummist wrote:
At least now I'll be able to find a parking spot at Messers (Spur #1) when I go do Laundry....
Sure was a pain in the butt when we had to carry those big tubs across the parking lot wasn't it, sweetheart, lol...
big hammer

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2010

Unfriendly wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right because they are above the law so leave them alone.
they know they will get a fist right in the face,thats the reason.
x-gambler

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Its as bad as drugs, it destroys families to the point that the children go without because their parents have a "Gambling Addiction", they know who an where these places operate, the problem is their too scared to do anything about it, knowingly they are funded by drug dealers, its a racket to distort money from people that cant control their addiction, now, doesnt that sound awhole lot like Drugs?? Think about it.
a big 10 4

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

another one wrote:
and howards up 119 that once was called brocks market, they have those machines
and so does pigs brother up towards harlan county
how do they get by with that?
dirty laundry

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

An important fact has been overlooked. Money won by legal gambling is taxed, so the state gets some benefits from it. The proceeds from illegal gambling benefit only the greedy, money-hungry owner of the "legitimate" business who keeps poker machines in the back room. These machines are labeled "for amusement only"' but everybody knows that if a business has poker machines inside, cash payoffs are made to those who play the machines and win. It's disgusting.the machines are set to payout when alot of money is put in the crazy people who waste their money are just making others rich thousands of dollars are made from these machines in a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Mike Duquette 128,570
legalize marijuana 11 min Conservative Hilppie 5
Any couples into SCAT??? 13 min Dirty SCAT couple 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min DemocRATS 146,109
Stivers Center fixes 28 min Funny 10
Single guys 50 min shasta 5
Computer repair (May '13) 1 hr weeder 66
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••