Union College president's wife charged with attempting to buy pain pill

There are 12 comments on the Aug 5, 2011, Lexington Herald-Leader story titled Union College president's wife charged with attempting to buy pain pill. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Police arrested the wife of Union College's president this week after she allegedly came to the home of an accused drug dealer to buy a pain pill while officers were there for a raid.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

for sure

Somerset, KY

#1 Aug 6, 2011
just another pill head.
truth

Sheridan, AR

#2 Aug 6, 2011
I feel bad for the family. This must be very difficult to deal with and now even the Herald has an article. I didn't know she was buying pills when arrested but that is what the article says.
http://www.kentucky.com/2011/08/05/1835152/un...
very bad

Barbourville, KY

#3 Aug 6, 2011
she had their daughter with her all the time when she was high and everybody in the presidents office was worried for the childs life so we hope ed opens his eyes after this
truth

Sheridan, AR

#4 Aug 6, 2011
If he allows her to be alone with the child after this then he isn't much of a father. She needs help and he needs to protect the child.
outtathere

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Aug 22, 2011
Absolutly disturbing that people are supporting someone like her-especially him. He needs to leave her, take care of that poor child and never look back. She needs prison time or committed rehab for several years-MAYBE that will work. She's been going down this path for over 10 years and everyone knew it. She can use all of her medical excuses, yada yada but bottom line the only person's fault this is, is Lou Ann Hopper De Rosset's.
Candi

Middlesboro, KY

#7 Mar 19, 2012
outtathere wrote:
Absolutly disturbing that people are supporting someone like her-especially him. He needs to leave her, take care of that poor child and never look back. She needs prison time or committed rehab for several years-MAYBE that will work. She's been going down this path for over 10 years and everyone knew it. She can use all of her medical excuses, yada yada but bottom line the only person's fault this is, is Lou Ann Hopper De Rosset's.
She is still up to her old tricks, and still fooling her husband. I think he is finally catching on to her tricks, but he doesn't want to believe that he is married to someone that's been taking advantage of him through their whole marriage. I think that everyone should beware of her, because in my opinion if you let her into your life, she will bring you down with her if she thinks she can get out of the trouble that she's in, the reason I say that is I have learned she will look you straight face and lie to you. How can she expect that anyone would want to be friends with her. I wished that I would have never met her. I don't mean to feel this way, but I did the research on her after I met her, and she tells a whole different story of what all the papers, the police and all of the news reports, and the radio K105 say she did
Curious

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 11, 2012
Is this the gal from Corbin who married Matt Alvarez (Leick) for a minute like 15 years ago. They lived in Richmond , I went to the wedding.
Mark

Chesapeake, VA

#9 Dec 11, 2012
This just goes to show how drugs can affect all walks of our society. No family is immune from something like this happening. I'm pretty certain that we've all had a close friend or relative that has dealt with some sort of issue. We love and support them, but the bottom line is that we don't turn our back on them. This is the time when they need us the most.

My thoughts and prayers are with this family. We all make mistakes in life and we now need to focus on supporting this family.

With this being the Christmas season, let's welcome that spirit into our homes and hearts...

Merry Christmas everyone.

Matthew Leick

United States

#10 Dec 11, 2012
I just heard about all this through a friend. Its such a shock to the system, we were married in the early nineties and I never in my life would of seen this coming from such an innocent sweet person. Amazing how ppl change. This sounds like its a been a long time coming. I will say a prayer for her and all invovled. Sounds like a very sad turn of events.
Matthew Leick

United States

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Curious wrote:
Is this the gal from Corbin who married Matt Alvarez (Leick) for a minute like 15 years ago. They lived in Richmond , I went to the wedding.
Wno is this?
Tuti Phruti

Cincinnati, OH

#12 Dec 12, 2012
Mark wrote:
This just goes to show how drugs can affect all walks of our society. No family is immune from something like this happening. I'm pretty certain that we've all had a close friend or relative that has dealt with some sort of issue. We love and support them, but the bottom line is that we don't turn our back on them. This is the time when they need us the most.
My thoughts and prayers are with this family. We all make mistakes in life and we now need to focus on supporting this family.
With this being the Christmas season, let's welcome that spirit into our homes and hearts...
Merry Christmas everyone.
It is hard to watch a family member abuse pain pills. My neighbor is having a really hard time with someone in her family. I use to take asprin for pain, now I go for accupressure treatments. I am afraid to take any sort of pain medication, doctor prescribed or not. It seems like people are becoming more addicted to the pain medication today, than what was prescribed years ago. Oh, and by the way....
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Addict society

Manchester, KY

#13 Dec 14, 2012
It isn't just pain medication people are addicted to. We as a society have become so addicted to pills to make us feel better. We take cholesterol pills to lower cholesterol when proper diet & exercise could help. We heart burn we pop tums when milk helps just the same. We as a society are always looking for quick fixes. That isn't the answer. Don't get me wrong I know there's so many medications out that that is NEEDED but a lot that we can use without.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sabrina corey 9 min Katty_Kit 2
Kim bingham 1 hr who 19
UPS drop box in B'ville? 3 hr Big Brown 8
ralph smith 3 hr Ted 7
dollar store Robbery flat lick 6 hr Crazy 11
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr spaceship 136,050
carla davis (Nov '12) 9 hr Jim 39
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]