Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Okay. Whats better Knox County?

Give a reason why, and your favorite song.
some guy

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

rap is alot better than rock...rock just hurts my head and my favorite song it Ti dead and gone
Seeker_of_truth

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Rock.With rap,it seems it's all the same thing.With rap,there's no change in the beat.It just all around sucks.Rock-n-roll for life.
the one who started this

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

hey im the one who started this zack

and i say rock all rap talks about is sex and drugs
rock has a message
Call me Muhammed

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

First, let me begin by saying that both numerical proof would be accepted, and theoretical proof, would be accepted.
Now, on to my opening statement. Though I do believe rap is a form of art, I wouldn't define it as music. Music is defined as ---
1 a: the science or art of ordering tones or sounds in succession, in combination, and in temporal relationships to produce a composition having unity and continuity b: vocal, instrumental, or mechanical sounds having rhythm, melody, or harmony
2 a: an agreeable sound : euphony <her voice was music to my ears> b: musical quality <the music of verse>
3: a musical accompaniment <a play set to music>4: the score of a musical composition set down on paper5: a distinctive type or category of music <there is a music for everybody Eric Salzman>
http://www.m-w.com ...
I shall refer to definition 1 as the definition applying to this argument. You may say "Wait a second, rap has distinctive beats and tones, and continuity" Alas, it doesn't. Though most rapists DO include a steady beat for the background, the MAIN instrument in the arrangement is their voice. Clearly, rappers do not sing. They are merely talking in rhythm. So, I would define rap, as poetry.
I shall await a rebuttal from whoever chooses to accept this argument.
momoftween

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

I like rock better, maybe now they call it alternative?? Metallica is my favorite band, though we love Papa Roach, Seether, Avenged Sevenfold, lots others in my house.
RockAllTheWay

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

rock all the way specially metal like All That Remains and stuff like that it kills rap like nothin listenin to the guitarwork of songs like two weeks and this calling thats real talent
the one who started this

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

all you who wrote that rock is the best
ur right
Rumpshaker

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Rap is better to dance to...especially dirty dance to, but Rock is great to...I like them both, Lil wayne is an awesome rapper
the one who started this

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

rap is poisoning the minds of kids and teen like me

Since: Dec 08

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2009

Rock is better in my opinion..i can relate to the words of rock songs and metal songs better than rap..dont get me wrong though, i love 2Pac and Snoop..just now-a-days rap sucks a$$..im a big country fan, too, so im kinda all f***ed up..lol..i just like music i can relate to and really understand..few favs: Manson, Green Day, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, Staind, Blue October, Floggin Molly, Blake Shelton, Gary Stewart, Clay Walker(all-time sexiest cowboy on Earth ; )...unless my fiance would dress up as a cowboy for me, just once...lol..but he already said that would never happen), CCR, AC/DC, Kelly Clarkson..just a few..lol
2starter of this battle

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2009

this started as a rant between me and a bff at school
it got on myspace thx to him and now its on topics
glad to see ever1 is so concerened about mucis
oh and i am the origional one who supported rap!!
Stay A
Rap man

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 22, 2012

Rap all the way rock is just uhhhh I can't listen to it when I go to sleep at night rap I can:)
compromise

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

they are pretty much the same i like to look at both i mean they aren't totally the same.. but still i i like to look at both i look at rock more though probalby..

but i like i like suicidal angels.. probaby because i helped form it when we were having discussions on topix..
compromise

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

if they made more metal songs about the hood which they sorta dstarted doing already.. then it would de rapifiy hood people probably..
and force lil wayne to .. finish guitar..

lil wayne needs to make a metal band.. and do rapping metal like suicidal angels..

and clal his metal band lil wayne gets high or something.. and jsut i dont know maybe not call it that but..

call it bleeding wayne.. or something.. and have where hecuts himself and fake blood pours out..

then he raps and plays fast guitar .. be like shots.. cops duck trucks shots cops

but then he would prlay guitar or something in addition to it..

or or he should not even play guitar but just have someone else play for him and rap on top of it..

amtually all rthe

actually no none of that should probably happen but i do enjoy rap and rock colaborations with like lincoln park and stuff...
Rock4ever

Staten Island, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Rap has no talent AT ALL.but rock,rock has loads of talent
Like guitare ,drums,base,etc. IN conclusion: RAP sucks!!!!.ROCK FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!
wadda you think

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

scratching records, stuttering and slobbering to 2nd grader rhymes isnt music . leave that ebonic sheeit in the ghetto

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Mike Duquette 122,835
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Take America Back 138,744
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 min imposter 81,210
new restaurant in downtown shopping center 49 min Curious Georgia 31
Corey vs. Collins 58 min jim 58
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,030
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr hum 921
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••