Former felons fight for the right to ...

Former felons fight for the right to vote

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rethink

United States

#2 Jan 2, 2012
For all of those who think they have better judgement go to Frankfort and Wasington D.C.

Why is country such a mess by the people you voted in without all those convicted felons voting?
Rumors

London, KY

#3 Jan 2, 2012
They should let them vote, after all they have more right than you and I. Even Santa Claus come to see them in jail.
rethink

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2012
For all of those that think they have better judgement than those convicted of felony can you answer these questins? Why is this country in such a mess by the way you voted in bad politicians? Do you called this better Judgement? Your Judgement just as bad as those convicted on felony a truth you will lie about.
Rumors

London, KY

#5 Jan 2, 2012
rethink wrote:
For all of those that think they have better judgement than those convicted of felony can you answer these questins? Why is this country in such a mess by the way you voted in bad politicians? Do you called this better Judgement? Your Judgement just as bad as those convicted on felony a truth you will lie about.
Can't argue with that. I wonder if they got to watch the ball drop in N.Y> What a shame if they didn't......NOT
Joking

Lexington, KY

#6 Jan 2, 2012
There is two things that should never be given back to a convicted felon, (1). His/her voting rights, (2). Gun rights.....they have no business with either if ever convicted of a felony.....
hub

Somerset, KY

#7 Jan 2, 2012
Joking wrote:
There is two things that should never be given back to a convicted felon,(1). His/her voting rights,(2). Gun rights.....they have no business with either if ever convicted of a felony.....
Ok I understand the part on the gun rights; but seriously what does voting have anyting to do with it? I think felons should be awarded with the same rights, after all they are a U.S. Citizen so why take there right to vote?
your pal

Dyer, TN

#8 Jan 3, 2012
God will forgive you for murder, then I'm sure that man should forgive you for stealing a steak, from the IGA. let everyone vote they pay taxes also...
how much

United States

#9 Jan 3, 2012
rethink wrote:
You don't make sense
really

United States

#10 Jan 3, 2012
I am more concerned with the drugs, children in poverty, education and the growth of churches in America. A felon voting would have to be the last on the list.
Rumors

London, KY

#11 Jan 3, 2012
really wrote:
I am more concerned with the drugs, children in poverty, education and the growth of churches in America. A felon voting would have to be the last on the list.
Really, right now is not the time to be protesting for the rights of a felon. If people would not do drugs, work, get an education, love the children they bring into this world and keep them in church, we would not be discussing a felons right to vote. I don't have one ounce of compassion for a convicted felon, on this subject.

Also, why we are on the subject of their (felons)rights, let's bring up their right to sell to these pawn shops. Do you think that a convicted felon has the right to sell goods to a pawn shop?
convict

Dyer, TN

#12 Jan 3, 2012
it blows my mind that all you self righteous people don't believe that a person should be given the right to vote. sure there are some instances where this might apply but 95% of the prison population is petty theft or drug related crimes. people are released never to return or have any problems with the law again. they work and raise their families pay taxes, and some are model citizens.I will bet that if you knew the truth that 80% of this county commits a felony every month they lie to get checks or food stamps. or go to the doctor and get drugs to sell so I say let everyone have a right to say who is elected, remember we all have to live with the elected officials.and by the way I was one of those that went to the doctor. got drugs and sold them believe me I saw several people there who are upstanding citizens of this county.I just got caught.
Rumors

London, KY

#13 Jan 3, 2012
convict wrote:
it blows my mind that all you self righteous people don't believe that a person should be given the right to vote. sure there are some instances where this might apply but 95% of the prison population is petty theft or drug related crimes. people are released never to return or have any problems with the law again. they work and raise their families pay taxes, and some are model citizens.I will bet that if you knew the truth that 80% of this county commits a felony every month they lie to get checks or food stamps. or go to the doctor and get drugs to sell so I say let everyone have a right to say who is elected, remember we all have to live with the elected officials.and by the way I was one of those that went to the doctor. got drugs and sold them believe me I saw several people there who are upstanding citizens of this county.I just got caught.
Convict, I as well as over half the population of Knox Co. would agree with you. Everyone is nothing but a pile of dust that will soon be gone, never have I thought I was better than anyone. It's the people that make a difference while they are here that can wear that self-righteous crown... When was your turning point "when you got caught"?

I see everyday people that are half my age that look older than myself. I see children without, drug dealers, meth manf., thiefs, etc. dirty politicians and I wonder what, when or if it will ever get any better.
well now

United States

#14 Jan 3, 2012
IMO who cares if someone is a felon. I think everyone should be required to take a simple quiz on the candidates for their vote to count so that only those who have actually considered all candidates and understand the stance of their candidates vote count. People need to look open mindedly at all candidates and quit voting solely on party lines.
Intheknow

Brookville, PA

#15 Jan 3, 2012
convict wrote:
You had the right to vote but you gave it up to become a felon. No one forced you to do whatever you did. Actions have consequences. Now live with it.
Change

London, KY

#16 Jan 3, 2012
well now wrote:
IMO who cares if someone is a felon. I think everyone should be required to take a simple quiz on the candidates for their vote to count so that only those who have actually considered all candidates and understand the stance of their candidates vote count. People need to look open mindedly at all candidates and quit voting solely on party lines.
The NAME and I am talking about all the past, present and future candidates will always have a spot in the court house. I don't care how many felons vote you cannot get these old timers to realize that just because these families are good people, that they do have skeletons in their own closet.

I will make it my business and help certain people gain certain positions in the next election. If I am here then.......Time for a change, vote people in that don't fold under. Thought we had voted one in during last election but I was dead wrong......

So in closing, if a convicted felon can make a difference by casting his ballot then I am all for it.
really

London, KY

#17 Jan 3, 2012
Rumors wrote:
<quoted text>Really, right now is not the time to be protesting for the rights of a felon. If people would not do drugs, work, get an education, love the children they bring into this world and keep them in church, we would not be discussing a felons right to vote. I don't have one ounce of compassion for a convicted felon, on this subject.

Also, why we are on the subject of their (felons)rights, let's bring up their right to sell to these pawn shops. Do you think that a convicted felon has the right to sell goods to a pawn shop?
No where in my comment sd I was protesting for their rights of any degree. I think good men can do bad and bad men can do good. Nobody wakes up being who they are. Something has happened along the way to cause them to stray. I was pointing out that I don't care if they vote or not. I am worried about my family, neighbors and hometown. God is a forgiving God, it's up to us to help our countrymen in any way possible. As just one person though I just don't know where to begin.
really

London, KY

#18 Jan 3, 2012
Rumors wrote:
<quoted text>Really, right now is not the time to be protesting for the rights of a felon. If people would not do drugs, work, get an education, love the children they bring into this world and keep them in church, we would not be discussing a felons right to vote. I don't have one ounce of compassion for a convicted felon, on this subject.

I think once they walk out the door of prison we as a society has to accept them. We may not like it, and if things were run right, they wouldn't have anything. If we had a more stern government, with a back bone and guts, we would see some of the more serious felons swinging at the courthouse.
Pete

Brodhead, KY

#19 Jan 3, 2012
Joking wrote:
There is two things that should never be given back to a convicted felon,(1). His/her voting rights,(2). Gun rights.....they have no business with either if ever convicted of a felony.....
we have every right to vote
Joking

United States

#20 Jan 3, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text> we have every right to vote
Really? Then whats the uproar about. The law right now says you don't. So, see you at the polls, NOT!!!
rethink

United States

#21 Jan 6, 2012
Can any of you can name the oldest convict that still alive?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChromiuMan 156,621
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 1 hr a sad fact 178
Knox Schools 1 hr teacher 10
Mikey Bruner 2 hr biker 36
Is Donrick Blevins OK? 3 hr Sam 14
Are you people really Adults? 5 hr Meh 3
Reward!!! For turning in drug dealers. (Jan '11) 5 hr Pfft 207
Listen up people 14 hr humm 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages