close barbourville independent!!!

close barbourville independent!!!

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

parent

Barbourville, KY

#1 Oct 20, 2009
I am tired of my kid coming home sick....the place needs cleaned!!
bvmother

London, KY

#2 Oct 20, 2009
i think so
i know

London, KY

#3 Oct 20, 2009
my child goes there and just tested positive for the flu.
Parent

Barbourville, KY

#4 Oct 20, 2009
I hope your child has a quick recovery. What grade is your child in?
well

Ford City, PA

#5 Oct 20, 2009
you may as well forget about bville school closing,they dont close for anything!
parent

Barbourville, KY

#6 Oct 20, 2009
Well they can either close and clean or my child will not go!! I am now considering home school for the rest of the year.
i know

London, KY

#7 Oct 20, 2009
in the middle school
babrourville

Barbourville, KY

#8 Oct 20, 2009
yes i think they should close barbourville and also knox co.schools..then maybe the kids will get over the flu and the kids will beable to stay in school
rarity

Sheridan, AR

#9 Oct 20, 2009
So school is the only place your child goes outside of home. I doubt that seriously. I'm sorry to hear that your child has the flu and hope he/she gets well soon. But people seriously we could be getting it from anywhere...walmart, restaurants, the grocery store. It's not just in our school systems. Lets use a little commom sense here.
rarity

Sheridan, AR

#10 Oct 20, 2009
I carry sanitizer in my car and have my children use it as soon as they get in the car. As soon as we enter the house I make sure they are washing their hands. It starts at home.
yep

Barbourville, KY

#11 Oct 20, 2009
rarity wrote:
I carry sanitizer in my car and have my children use it as soon as they get in the car. As soon as we enter the house I make sure they are washing their hands. It starts at home.
I do the exact same thing...I also make them change their clothes. But really what good is it if they have already got it from school. IF only they would just close down and let the kids have get well so its not spread to every kid in the school, and for goodness sakes if your children are sick KEEP THEM HOME!
yep

Barbourville, KY

#12 Oct 20, 2009
rarity wrote:
So school is the only place your child goes outside of home. I doubt that seriously. I'm sorry to hear that your child has the flu and hope he/she gets well soon. But people seriously we could be getting it from anywhere...walmart, restaurants, the grocery store. It's not just in our school systems. Lets use a little commom sense here.

I am not saying you can't get it at other places BUT this flu is hitting children the hardest and killing more children than the regular flu. So when you put 30 kids sitting right up on each other in a class room they are more likely to get during school and more children will get it.
Mrs Mommy

Barbourville, KY

#13 Oct 21, 2009
Here is the problem with closing schools....
A lot of parents work while their kids are in school. So, if they close the schools, the kids will be sent to daycare, which will put kids in with even more kids. It's a catch 22 situation.
I also think that there are some parents out there that are keeping their kids home for no reason whatsoever, or these kids are playing hooky.
Yes, the H1N1 is spreading like crazy around here, but every needs to realize that just because a kid is sneezing or has a bit of a cough, that doesn't mean the kid has the flu. It could be allergies, it could be asthma, it could be just a simple little cold. I'm as concerned as the next parent about the safety of my kids, but I know that we are doing what is needed to keep them safe while still allowing them to get an education. As one other poster said before, it starts at home. Prevention is key and, the sad truth is, not a lot of parents care enough to teach their kids the preventative methods; i.e washing their hands, covering their mouth when they cough and sneeze, sanitizing, etc.
gina huffman

Corbin, KY

#14 Oct 21, 2009
i think the said close schoo down and let the other kids get better what do we have to do to keep our kids safe from h1n1i have to boys one is 5 year old and the other is 7moth that just how i fill about my son have real bad allergies
Bvill MOM

London, KY

#15 Oct 21, 2009
rarity wrote:
well, there is a big difference in sending your kid to school crammed in those tiny rooms with 25-30 kids and not being able to see if they are useing there hand sanitizer, washing there hands often, and having other kids that may be sick sneezing and coughing without covering their mouths. my son also does group work every day, 3-4 kids in each group. they are so close together if one of them are sick, they all are gonna be sick. at least if our children are home, we can monitor who they are around, and there hand washing habits and make sure they use there sanitizer after going places,but should be kept home as much as possible. i think that they should stop changing classes for a while. hopping around from room to room and desk to desk is gonna spread it like wildfire!
Bvill MOM

London, KY

#16 Oct 21, 2009
oh, by the way hand sanitizer wasnt even on my kids list this year, but of course i bought it anyway. i always buy the 3 packs one for the bathroom,kitchen and one for his book bag.
I agree with Bville MOM

Richmond, KY

#17 Oct 21, 2009
My daugher is in the second grade there, and there have been several in her clas already with the flu. I was told by a teacher that the attendance has been at 85 % & 88 % for weeks. If they closed it, kids wouldn't stay home, and the school wouldn't clean, but at least they'd have time off!
none of your biss

Barbourville, KY

#18 Jul 21, 2014
Barbourville city is a great school I have went there all my life and yeah kids get sick but you guys are stupid school is not the only place you get sick at its all over the world guys it goes around arbourvikke is a better school then knox central middle will ever be we have not had one person quit school be sue they are pregnant
countrychick

Tampa, FL

#19 Jul 22, 2014
none of your biss wrote:
Barbourville city is a great school I have went there all my life and yeah kids get sick but you guys are stupid school is not the only place you get sick at its all over the world guys it goes around arbourvikke is a better school then knox central middle will ever be we have not had one person quit school be sue they are pregnant
Oh yeah sure its a wonderful school of you want to go through hell for 8 hours a day get picked on hit and harassed by teachers. I went there from kindergarten to 6th grade and I pretty much had a nervous break down because of how badly everyone in that school treated me just BC my mom and dad didn't work in the court house or kiss a$s to the teachers 4th grade was my best yr there BC my teachers Mrs Jones and Mrs miracle cared about my education and not about who my parents were ! Bville is awful pure sh!t
bcitysux

Manchester, KY

#20 Jul 22, 2014
none of your biss wrote:
did u happen to look at the date on this thread, why bring up a dead post from 2009, lmao, ain't got nothing better to do so u flip through topic to find something to express your opinion, because it is valued so much, and you need to pay attention more in school, it's "Barbourville", Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min Just wait 142,473
woman 1 min gagme 4
who drives it 33 min Big rig 71 4
Jesse Williams Davis 39 min Big rig 71 2
Jennifer Denise Wheat 52 min Quantummist 1
cash job for women 56 min Jake 23
Kyle Campbell what a joke!! 1 hr The Man 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages