Jobs around this crappy town

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I NEED A JOB

Barbourville, KY

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Im looking for a job around here but theres seems to be absoloutley no places to put in and Im not working at no fast food resteraunt!!!!

“Somewhere in Time”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

#2 Jan 21, 2013
I NEED A JOB wrote:
Im looking for a job around here but theres seems to be absoloutley no places to put in and Im not working at no fast food resteraunt!!!!
If you really wanted a job, you would work at one.
who cares

London, KY

#3 Jan 21, 2013
I NEED A JOB wrote:
They are better of for that, try the old truseal factory, thats where all the people with your attitude used to work. Go over there and pretend you are working, you will fit right in.
Pide Piper

United States

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Never sell your mattress! Lol! Berry's probably going to legalize prostitution before too long. Ya can smoke yourself a dooby and getcha a screwby! Ola. Moucho money.

Hey, the American way! Lol!!!
I NEED A JOB

Barbourville, KY

#5 Jan 21, 2013
who cares wrote:
<quoted text>
They are better of for that, try the old truseal factory, thats where all the people with your attitude used to work. Go over there and pretend you are working, you will fit right in.
People with my attitude? All I want to know Is where to put in at... And you wanna say something about my attitude? Well then. Obviously an idiot on topix shouldn't be making fun of my attitude first of all.. And second... Im 17 I can't work at a factory!!!!!
Rumors

Georgetown, KY

#6 Jan 21, 2013
I NEED A JOB wrote:
<quoted text> People with my attitude? All I want to know Is where to put in at... And you wanna say something about my attitude? Well then. Obviously an idiot on topix shouldn't be making fun of my attitude first of all.. And second... Im 17 I can't work at a factory!!!!!
No fast food work (Check)

No Factory work (Check)

Next?
employment

Barbourville, KY

#7 Jan 21, 2013
Rumors wrote:
<quoted text>
No fast food work (Check)
No Factory work (Check)
Next?
BREAKING NEWS!
FOREST PRODUCTS SAWMILL HIRING !
----------POSITION----------
EATING SAWDUST AND SHITING 2X4'S
CALL 606-SHITING
ANYTIME
YOU NEED TO SHIT
Rumors

Winchester, KY

#8 Jan 21, 2013
employment wrote:
<quoted text> BREAKING NEWS!
FOREST PRODUCTS SAWMILL HIRING !
----------POSITION----------
EATING SAWDUST AND SHITING 2X4'S
CALL 606-SHITING
ANYTIME
YOU NEED TO SHIT
His bungs probably not square, so we can mark that work off as well.

Anyway, wouldn't that fall under fast-food in his book?
who cares

London, KY

#9 Jan 22, 2013
I NEED A JOB wrote:
<quoted text> People with my attitude? All I want to know Is where to put in at... And you wanna say something about my attitude? Well then. Obviously an idiot on topix shouldn't be making fun of my attitude first of all.. And second... Im 17 I can't work at a factory!!!!!
Your attitude is showing again, always an excuse, every thing is crappy and everyone except you is an idiot.It will take a damn idiot to hire you and pay you to listen to your bullchit. You dont need or want a job, if so, you would already be working. Aint nobody making fun of you, maybe just showing disgust with you and your attitude. who cares.....noooobody.
intheknow

Manchester, KY

#10 Jan 22, 2013
Try CSC they are always hiring.
great

London, KY

#11 Jan 22, 2013
Great, another 17 year old with entitlement issues. Must be a democrat.
I NEED A JOB wrote:

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#12 Jan 22, 2013
great wrote:
Great, another 17 year old with entitlement issues. Must be a democrat.
<quoted text>
obamacrat...
Bad Economy

London, KY

#13 Jan 22, 2013
I am sorry to hear that I'm not the only one seeking a job that can't find one. Best of Luck.
Trouble

Ripley, TN

#14 Jan 22, 2013
intheknow wrote:
There is a spelling/typing test. OP not off to good start with his post....

“Somewhere in Time”

Cannon, KY

#15 Jan 22, 2013
intheknow wrote:
Places that are usually hiring are usually hard to work at.
Jobs are needed

Barbourville, KY

#16 Jan 22, 2013
I don't much agree with the attitude myself. Another snotty teenager. But I personally think that there should be more places around here to work. There are no places around here at all. No bowling alley or skating rink or movie theater. For heavens sake they screwed up when they took sonic out!! I don't think the teens attitude is in the right because when I was 17 I had to work at a fast food resteraunt. But I do agree that there aren't enough places around here to work!
who cares

London, KY

#17 Jan 22, 2013
Jobs are needed wrote:
I don't much agree with the attitude myself. Another snotty teenager. But I personally think that there should be more places around here to work. There are no places around here at all. No bowling alley or skating rink or movie theater. For heavens sake they screwed up when they took sonic out!! I don't think the teens attitude is in the right because when I was 17 I had to work at a fast food resteraunt. But I do agree that there aren't enough places around here to work!
I agree with you, I don't think things are gonna improve much except areas around Corbin and London, the eastern part of Knox and Laurel counties dont offer much for growth. The immediate area alongside I 75 seems to show the most growth as far as commerce goes. Knox is definately held back by its education system and the mentality of its backwoods social and religious base. The political leaders and power brokers use this mentality to keep the people under their thumb.

“Somewhere in Time”

Cannon, KY

#18 Jan 22, 2013
Jobs are needed wrote:
I blame it mostly on our elected official's.
Bullmalarkey

London, KY

#19 Jan 22, 2013
I guess all you hard working Topix addicts could live on what fast food pays, huh?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#20 Jan 22, 2013
If I had to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min muletrain 7,107
Any news on new football coach at Knox Central? 9 min hmmm 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Obama Zombies 155,343
knox board of ed raising taxes 15 min Former board member 115
who knows Lecora Smith???? 34 min momcani 10
Stealing from child's grave 1 hr who knows 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Athenesword 131,107

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]