First Prev
of 2
Next Last
john

Barbourville, KY

#1 Jun 2, 2013
Why would anyone eat or work at that dump. Anytime you go there it's nasty, takes forever to get your food and then a lot of the time it's the wrong thing. The dining room is always dirty, the men's restroom nasty and the toilet is out of order a lot. The parking lot looks like it been hit with meteors the lawn has grass 3 feet high. The ceiling has missing tiles and it pours water anytime it rains. You would think the health dept or fire marshal would have shut this place down years ago.

“Somewhere in Time”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

#2 Jun 2, 2013
john wrote:
Why would anyone eat or work at that dump. Anytime you go there it's nasty, takes forever to get your food and then a lot of the time it's the wrong thing. The dining room is always dirty, the men's restroom nasty and the toilet is out of order a lot. The parking lot looks like it been hit with meteors the lawn has grass 3 feet high. The ceiling has missing tiles and it pours water anytime it rains. You would think the health dept or fire marshal would have shut this place down years ago.
Captain D's is far superior Seafood, John. I wish Barbourville had one.
jj mkay

United States

#3 Jun 2, 2013
Captain d's is awesome
joe

Somerset, KY

#4 Jun 2, 2013
i wish barbourville had a captain D's also i think their food taste alot better
Oger

London, KY

#5 Jun 2, 2013
LOL!

*shakes head*
jennifer

Somerset, KY

#6 Jun 3, 2013
the bad oil kills my stamach i hear from a insider the owners are to cheap to change the oil so they keep useing the same oil over and over
Mark

Norfolk, VA

#7 Jun 3, 2013
I couldn't help but laugh when I read this post.

I went to Long John Silvers as a kid with my Uncle Russell. It was his first time eating there and after we left the restaurant, he said," as far as I was concerned he had eaten there twice....his first and last time".

It might be a good idea if all of us contact the Long John Silvers corporate office. I'm sure that they would like to know about this particular franchise.

Oger

London, KY

#8 Jun 3, 2013
jennifer wrote:
the bad oil kills my stamach i hear from a insider the owners are to cheap to change the oil so they keep useing the same oil over and over
"stamach"....LOL

All that aluminum sulfate will damage brain functions as well...That's not counting the dirty oil.
shut it down

Richmond, KY

#9 Jun 3, 2013
Damn place needs to be shut down it has rats in it. I've seen them in the men's bath room under one of the tables one running across the parking lot. No way would I eat in there again after what I saw. The place is nasty inside and out the workers looks like they been hit by mack trucks sorry to say but it's true. Get someone to mow the damn grass fix the parking lot remodel the building. Get these workers new uniforms but guess what nothing is going to be done so they should just shut it down and walk away!
john

Barbourville, KY

#10 Jun 3, 2013
jennifer wrote:
the bad oil kills my stamach i hear from a insider the owners are to cheap to change the oil so they keep useing the same oil over and over
The oil is used to the point it looks like it came out of an old dodge. I know I worked there.
customer

Somerset, KY

#11 Jun 4, 2013
I went there yesterday and got a family meal. Yes, it did look like the food was fixed with old oil. The other thing I noticed is that they don't give you as much food as before. I don't know what has happened, but the fish is way smaller, the fries are different ( looked different and tasted stale), and we used to get 12 hush puppies but only got 8...I guess the only thing I can do is not go there anymore... It's just a shame because it used to not be this bad... I didn't think. Oh we'll. less ones learned...
customer

Somerset, KY

#12 Jun 4, 2013
customer wrote:
I went there yesterday and got a family meal. Yes, it did look like the food was fixed with old oil. The other thing I noticed is that they don't give you as much food as before. I don't know what has happened, but the fish is way smaller, the fries are different ( looked different and tasted stale), and we used to get 12 hush puppies but only got 8...I guess the only thing I can do is not go there anymore... It's just a shame because it used to not be this bad... I didn't think. Oh we'll. less ones learned...
Lessoned*
john

London, KY

#13 Jun 4, 2013
yes the oil makes the fries taste bad also its a shame i talk to someone who worked there and they said the owner is a tighty and to cheap to spend money on new oil and want even buy the workers the new stuff they need from the looks of it they are to cheap to buy gas to mow and they are a rip off for those high prices they should be able to aford tile for the whole place and cut the grass!
know right

Danville, KY

#14 Jun 4, 2013
You know that ain't fish chicken and shrimp. oh no no no it is battered and fried rats bugs and worms.lol
ribeye

Louisville, KY

#15 Jun 4, 2013
Went there last week and had a piece of fish and one side of the piece was raw. Whenever i went inside, there was fish batter everywhere. It looked like someone got a paint brush and just slung it everywhere.
amy

Barbourville, KY

#16 Jun 5, 2013
Well I've noticed that the guy that worked at night for many years isn't there anymore and the food has gotten really bad. and the guy they have now isn't as fast getting it cooked. ANd yea I've heard the owner is to cheap to buy stuff they need to do the job right. Look at the building and parking lot. It has sinkholes on the side where you park. and they must not have anyone to cut the grass anymore. It looks like a hay field.

“Somewhere in Time”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

#17 Jun 5, 2013
Captain D's offers much more and (better) sides, such as Fried Okra.
it is

Richmond, KY

#18 Jun 8, 2013
know right wrote:
You know that ain't fish chicken and shrimp. oh no no no it is battered and fried rats bugs and worms.lol
It's fried up dog shit.
wonder

Fairland, IN

#19 Jun 8, 2013
Some people just must have a lot of time on their hands !! Been there many times to eat. They are always nice and friendly and the place is always clean..
words of wisdom

United States

#20 Jun 9, 2013
if it smells like fish and taste chicken hold your nose and keep on lickin..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
truck payments 3 min okk 5
Need food badly 14 min okk 20
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 22 min yea 2
hp laptop 58 min travis 15
city of barbourville 1 hr common sense is b... 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 131,853
Wanted: Automatic Transmission for 2002 Chevy S... 3 hr Still Looking 5
Porsche mills 5 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:58 am PST

NFL 6:58AM
Dez Bryant's big night headlines Week 15's awards
Bleacher Report 7:18 AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports