music for a child with autism

music for a child with autism

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

travis

Oneida, KY

#1 Jul 7, 2013
i am looking for ideals for music to get her shes 10
she dosnt talk so she can't tell you what she likes .
she loves Kidz Bop ive get the the full Collection of
Kidz Bop she also likes Alvin And The Chipmunks and crazy frog.
she likes [email protected] rock country rap i try any kind and type of music
i am getting ready to try her on Heavy Metal and music from the
70s to the 90s
she dosn't like most of the Disney Soundtracks so that was a waste
of money
Dyslexic Luthor

London, KY

#2 Jul 7, 2013
You may want to be careful with any type of Hard Rock like Heavy Metal, many Autistic people react very badly to it.
travis

Oneida, KY

#3 Jul 7, 2013
Dyslexic Luthor wrote:
You may want to be careful with any type of Hard Rock like Heavy Metal, many Autistic people react very badly to it.
if she dosn't like a song she'll come get you to skip it to the next song or she'll throw the cd player in the floor we go throw a lot of cd players lol
Music

London, KY

#4 Jul 7, 2013
Travis, maybe try dance tracks for her, like club music also try 70's Disco. Have you tried any of the "Now That's What I Call Music" cd's? Would not go with Metal or hardcore rap just yet. If you try rap go with the radio versions because even though she is autistic she likely understands more that you think.
travis

Oneida, KY

#5 Jul 7, 2013
Music wrote:
Travis, maybe try dance tracks for her, like club music also try 70's Disco. Have you tried any of the "Now That's What I Call Music" cd's? Would not go with Metal or hardcore rap just yet. If you try rap go with the radio versions because even though she is autistic she likely understands more that you think.
she dose understands more that ppl think she dose. but she dose like rap she loves Nicki Minaj songs like va va voom super bass starship bedrock
ive bought all the "Now That's What I Call Music" cd's she like some of them she doesn't like the radio edited versions
she likes pink nodought blackeye peas Katy Perry Flo Rida Christina Aguilera I keep trying to find stuff she likes ive even been getting songs she likes in other languages
travis

Oneida, KY

#6 Jul 7, 2013
she like Sean Paul Shaggy Hinder Nelly Kelly Rowland its the sound of the person voice and the beat of the music.
I am getting ready to try her on techno music Hipster Music
good

London, KY

#7 Jul 8, 2013
Dyslexic Luthor wrote:
Heavy Metal was a winner shes been trying to sing the songs all day she love Sammy Hagar - Heavy Metal Don Felder - Heavy Metal (Takin' a Ride) Riggs - Heartbeat Blue Öyster Cult - Veteran of the Psychic Wars Cheap Trick - Reach Out
Nazareth - Crazy (A Suitable Case for Treatment) Riggs - Radar Rider Don Felder - All of You
former aide

United States

#8 Jul 10, 2013
travis wrote:
i am looking for ideals for music to get her shes 10
she dosnt talk so she can't tell you what she likes .
she loves Kidz Bop ive get the the full Collection of
Kidz Bop she also likes Alvin And The Chipmunks and crazy frog.
she likes [email protected] rock country rap i try any kind and type of music
i am getting ready to try her on Heavy Metal and music from the
70s to the 90s
she dosn't like most of the Disney Soundtracks so that was a waste
of money
When i volunteered as an assistant activities counselor in the western Va schools systems LD classes,We would play them certain gentler 60's style folk music like peter,paul&mary,"puff the magic dragon","michael row the boat ashore",and "if i had a hammer" was a favorite for sing alongs that they never got tired of listening to.the music had a real subtle calming euphoric effect that helped them come out of their shells.stay away from the loud noisy boisterous stuff.those will elevate their anxiety levels.
good

London, KY

#9 Jul 10, 2013
former aide wrote:
<quoted text>When i volunteered as an assistant activities counselor in the western Va schools systems LD classes,We would play them certain gentler 60's style folk music like peter,paul&mary,"puff the magic dragon","michael row the boat ashore",and "if i had a hammer" was a favorite for sing alongs that they never got tired of listening to.the music had a real subtle calming euphoric effect that helped them come out of their shells.stay away from the loud noisy boisterous stuff.those will elevate their anxiety levels.
iv'e tried music like ,"puff the magic dragon","michael row the boat ashore",and "if i had a hammer" she dose not like it I tried her on carlo Santana yeasterday she keep tring to sing his songs and she dose not talk hardly that's why I try everykind of music I can
I an getting ready to try Reggae she love shaggy so I am going to try her on Reggae to se if she likes it
believe it or not loud noisy boisterous dose more to Calming Her Down then gentler music and she hates sad songs or slow songs
gator

Chicago, IL

#10 Jul 10, 2013
Id like to help but i gotta go make a truck payment

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jazemine Taylor in jail 15 min Tired of the drama 12
the carton twins (Dec '12) 18 min Tired of the drama 9
karla collins 26 min Tired of the drama 6
Diagnostic Review Kelly Doesnt have capacity 2 hr Hero to zero 48
Hampton funarel home what's up 3 hr Lil Jean 7
Vehicle break ins going on 5 hr Victim 5
csra customer service jobs 6 hr curious 1
What happen on rt11 10 hr justme 24
More from around the web

Personal Finance