Tru seal closed without notice

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
intresting

London, KY

#1 Nov 7, 2011
moving over sea= , knox co needed that company , without notice to employees,, knox co ppl very upset
fact

Corbin, KY

#2 Nov 7, 2011
Since when is Ohio over seas ? This is not a laughing matter so get yr facts straight before posting total nonsense. Many peoples lives are being dramatically changed due to this subject let's not make lite of it by posting ignorant false info.
employee

Murray, KY

#3 Nov 7, 2011
are they closing??
heard that

Pella, IA

#4 Nov 7, 2011
fact wrote:
Since when is Ohio over seas ? This is not a laughing matter so get yr facts straight before posting total nonsense. Many peoples lives are being dramatically changed due to this subject let's not make lite of it by posting ignorant false info.
This is really bad. I can't imagine what an affect this will have on knox co. This will affect every one of us. Sad day!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#5 Nov 7, 2011
where ever they go some of my friends are out of work and thats never good for anyone or there familys,we are going farther and farther down the drain.
Family

United States

#6 Nov 7, 2011
About all family have someone that works there. It sad that they are moving. I used to work there and it was alway's scarey when the company sold out 5 times while i worked there. Hopefully some other factory will buy the plant and move another factory in. We have a lot of GOOD worker over there.
intresting

London, KY

#7 Nov 7, 2011
fact wrote:
smart azz , i heard that but the rest is true- why do u have to make everything something smart--i do know it is not over seas-/// might as well be
Xmployee

Herndon, VA

#8 Nov 7, 2011
All buckeyes suck !!

“Respect for Tradition ”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

#9 Nov 7, 2011
Is this true, or just more Topix BS?
Xmployee

Herndon, VA

#10 Nov 7, 2011
I guess all those bosses can stop bitching about the Union now !!!!
heard that

Pella, IA

#11 Nov 7, 2011
Xmployee wrote:
I guess all those bosses can stop bitching about the Union now !!!!
One thing about it they want have the chance to go by laughing at them while they are on strike.I wonder if they are still in love with Truseal?
8411 usw

Sikeston, MO

#13 Nov 7, 2011
Nimbletwig wrote:
Is this true, or just more Topix BS?
Its true. Company meeting with employees this morning. Sent everyone home for today. Sad day for us workers and Knox County.

“Respect for Tradition ”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

#14 Nov 7, 2011
8411 usw wrote:
<quoted text> Its true. Company meeting with employees this morning. Sent everyone home for today. Sad day for us workers and Knox County.
I am very sorry to hear this.
get over it

London, KY

#15 Nov 7, 2011
People lose jobs everyday so go draw your unemployment and then find a job not the end of the world. And trust me all of knox county is not upset over this plant closeing.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#16 Nov 7, 2011
Nimbletwig wrote:
<quoted text>I am very sorry to hear this.
Not all up on Tru Seal in a while... Were they in a Union issues situation and the Union went on strike a while back? And is it true that they moved to Ohio (who have tighter control over union intervention)... So far that is the story I get from this thread so far... Would like to know the details myself....
whatever

London, KY

#17 Nov 7, 2011
get over it wrote:
People lose jobs everyday so go draw your unemployment and then find a job not the end of the world. And trust me all of knox county is not upset over this plant closeing.
I totally agree. I lost my job of 10 years too. Actually, I was interviewed at Truseal and rejected. I suppose that was a blessing in disguise. Like Ive already learned, you cant devote your life to a company because the company IS NOT devoted to you. Im very happy to have a job now, and Im glad for the life experience. If you have a few months, you better LEAP on the next job you find. Take my advice, there is nothing out there. If you are eligible for unemployment you can get $400 a week for about a year, so you have that option. Good luck.
whatever

London, KY

#18 Nov 7, 2011
heard that wrote:
<quoted text>One thing about it they want have the chance to go by laughing at them while they are on strike.I wonder if they are still in love with Truseal?
HAHAHA. Thats karma biting them.
MBC

Versailles, KY

#19 Nov 7, 2011
get over it wrote:
and how easy is it to get a job these days?? There's people that have been looking for a job for 2 years and still don't have one- this is a very sad day for knox county this is the biggest job around here with alot of workers and alot of family's will be affected mine being one of them. So really think about how hard it is to come across a job- thats why this is a big deal. People have been there 20 plus years and now what are they supposed to do?
roger deaton

Winchester, KY

#20 Nov 7, 2011
thats what they get for showing thier ass with all that union strike mess last christmas. you cant force a company to keep its factory locally, keep bucking against corporations, you'll turn barbourville into bombed out ghetto like harlan or cumberland.
heard that

Pella, IA

#21 Nov 7, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA. Thats karma biting them.
You got that right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's happening in girdler? 7 min Very Sad 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Bzoink 174,777
report bad people 24 min I am reporting you 2
Bad girls 1 hr John 1
Sprinkles Wins Judge Ex Debate ! ! ! 2 hr Wow 8
Michael Sowders Murdered 2 hr Quantummist 1
Is jailer candidate coming off Ballot ? 2 hr Go Mary Go 3
Will Bob Corey win or lose ? 4 hr Another Knox Voter 47

Barbourville Jobs

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages