Dozens of well paying jobs still available in Laurel County.

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HelpOut

London, KY

#1 Sep 9, 2013
General Dynamics wanted 1000 employees originally to work at computers, etc., implementing the new Health Care Reform. They still have not found enough workers. These jobs pay more than $11.00 an hour, plus have insurance and vacation benefits. THEY STILL NEED DOZENS MORE WORKERS AT THIS MOMENT. People of Knox County, if you're looking for a good job, THIS IS IT! It is worth a little driving to get a decent job. You can fill-out an application online at the General Dynamics website. Plus, they have been having job fairs at the Laurel County Courthouse. A great company, decent wages...get yourself a job while they have plenty of openings.
Mike

London, KY

#2 Sep 10, 2013
Thanks for the info.
Help

Williamsburg, KY

#3 Sep 10, 2013
HelpOut wrote:
General Dynamics wanted 1000 employees originally to work at computers, etc., implementing the new Health Care Reform. They still have not found enough workers. These jobs pay more than $11.00 an hour, plus have insurance and vacation benefits. THEY STILL NEED DOZENS MORE WORKERS AT THIS MOMENT. People of Knox County, if you're looking for a good job, THIS IS IT! It is worth a little driving to get a decent job. You can fill-out an application online at the General Dynamics website. Plus, they have been having job fairs at the Laurel County Courthouse. A great company, decent wages...get yourself a job while they have plenty of openings.
11 an hour is not that much money anymore
HelpOut

Mount Vernon, KY

#4 Sep 10, 2013
True, but this job comes with insurance benefits, yearly raises, and two weeks paid vacation per year. How many AVAILABLE JOBS around Knox County can beat that? Mighty few, I can tell you right now. Plus, at General Dynamics, after sticking around a few years, you'll be making much "bigger bucks". If you need a job, this is a golden chance.
HelpOut

Mount Vernon, KY

#5 Sep 10, 2013
I forgot to mention that this is a 40 hour per week job, so you're looking at more than $400.00 per week and there may be occasional overtime at time and a half per hour.
Help

Williamsburg, KY

#6 Sep 10, 2013
HelpOut wrote:
True, but this job comes with insurance benefits, yearly raises, and two weeks paid vacation per year. How many AVAILABLE JOBS around Knox County can beat that? Mighty few, I can tell you right now. Plus, at General Dynamics, after sticking around a few years, you'll be making much "bigger bucks". If you need a job, this is a golden chance.
people can make more on welfare
HelpOut

London, KY

#7 Sep 10, 2013
There are people in Knox County looking for jobs like this. Unfortunately, most are not looking on Topix because there's usually so much craziness on here. Spread the word...tell someone who is looking for a job about this opportunity. There is simply not many jobs, equal to these, available to people in Knox County.
scared

London, KY

#8 Sep 10, 2013
Help wrote:
<quoted text> people can make more on welfare
Then get on or stay on wellfare, the new company and its employees will be better off without the likes of you and your attitude.
anks

London, KY

#9 Sep 11, 2013
Yes, and I was told lots of OT, so that's even more money, I plan on riding with 4 others that have already been interviewed, we will split the gas and save wear and tear on our vehicles. And there is weekend work available. I plan on sucking up all the OT I can get, I cant wait. Finally a job a good job. Im so happy.
HelpOut

London, KY

#10 Sep 11, 2013
"Anks" I'm glad you and others have found work at General Dynamics. People around here need decent jobs like these. There are still plenty of jobs available there. Those in Knox County, needing good jobs, what are you waiting for?
HelpOut

London, KY

#11 Sep 11, 2013
People from several surrounding counties, such as Knox, Clay, Jackson, Pulaski, Whitley and even as far away as Bell, have found a new job in London. I'm glad and hope others needing jobs will take advantage of this opportunity.
Threadz

Somerset, KY

#12 Sep 12, 2013
Well myself and two friends got hired and we start next week. So happy plus we can ride together.
HelpOut

Somerset, KY

#13 Sep 13, 2013
Plenty of jobs still available there.
question

Williamsburg, KY

#14 Sep 13, 2013
hey what happens if obama care gets repealed at some point? will these jobs vanish or will the company have the employees doing other things?
HelpOut

Somerset, KY

#15 Sep 13, 2013
They will be doing other things...this is a big company with lots of other government contracts to work on.
HBIC

United States

#16 Sep 14, 2013
Will da pop machine take fodd stamp card in break room. Can't work at their if it don't
HelpOut

London, KY

#17 Sep 17, 2013
Lots of jobs still available with job fairs still being held in London and Corbin. If you need a job, or are looking for a better job, get on their website and apply.
HelpOut

Somerset, KY

#18 Sep 18, 2013
Plenty of jobs still available...
BetterLife

United States

#19 Sep 18, 2013
All the ridiculous comments are from people who don't want to better their life,they would much rather stay on welfare and lay around on their asses and be totally useless human beings.If you don't want to better yourselves then stay out of the way of those of us that do.
Interested

Barbourville, KY

#20 Sep 18, 2013
So are there jobs in Corbin also? And what about part time or weekends only? Please help by sharing information. Thanks so much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep our town DRY 31 min OMG 13
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min HistoricallySpeaking 133,373
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,661
in the corbin times barbourville Wet vote! 1 hr Keep our tax money 3
dinky phipps 1 hr Tired of jealous ... 30
Romeo's Italian Resturant 2 hr Soccer mom 2
Bills mom (dead beat granny) 2 hr Baker 1
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu marsh 55
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance