First Prev
of 2
Next Last
moneythat

Tacoma, WA

#22 Apr 8, 2013
yep wrote:
And i was speaking of religion in general. The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions:$71,000,000,000
???????Yet, you want seperation of church and state. You can't have it both ways.
yep

Barbourville, KY

#23 Apr 8, 2013
Well....i hope Benny Hinn can smack my head and cure me of all my dillusions. Cause...you know....god anointed him and gave him those super powers.
Spoot

Barbourville, KY

#24 Apr 21, 2013
It's ridiculous that a preacher should be paid. Helping others should be a charity, it should have its own reward that isn't monetary. A person's heart is not in the right place if they expect to be paid for speaking in front of a crowd a few times a week. How many hours of "work" does it take to be a preacher a week? Less than 10, I'm sure. How many hours a week do the supporters work to pay a preacher? They're participating at church too, why aren't they getting paid? They devote their time with no monetary gain, why shouldn't the preacher? They actually have to pay to go to the church. Does the preacher gives donations? I find it corrupt to take hard working people's money to lie to them about the bible a few times a week. The fat ass is sitting on said fat ass outside of church hours while everyone is working to pay the fat ass and doing what they think is spiritual without payment. Seriously, every preacher that I've ever seen in this town is fat.

“Power to Devour”

Since: Mar 13

DARK CAVERNS

#25 Apr 21, 2013
Spoot wrote:
It's ridiculous that a preacher should be paid. Helping others should be a charity, it should have its own reward that isn't monetary. A person's heart is not in the right place if they expect to be paid for speaking in front of a crowd a few times a week. How many hours of "work" does it take to be a preacher a week? Less than 10, I'm sure. How many hours a week do the supporters work to pay a preacher? They're participating at church too, why aren't they getting paid? They devote their time with no monetary gain, why shouldn't the preacher? They actually have to pay to go to the church. Does the preacher gives donations? I find it corrupt to take hard working people's money to lie to them about the bible a few times a week. The fat ass is sitting on said fat ass outside of church hours while everyone is working to pay the fat ass and doing what they think is spiritual without payment. Seriously, every preacher that I've ever seen in this town is fat.
The Bible says they should be paid.
nope

United States

#26 Apr 22, 2013
BUZZ KlLL wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible says they should be paid.
Where does it say this?

“Power to Devour”

DARK CAVERNS

#27 Apr 22, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say this?
golden girl

Barbourville, KY

#28 Apr 22, 2013
the question should be was jesus paid to preach? if not the answer is no.

“Power to Devour”

DARK CAVERNS

#29 Apr 22, 2013
golden girl wrote:
the question should be was jesus paid to preach? if not the answer is no.
That's similar to saying if Jesus turned the water into wine and walked upon the water, then we should do the same also...isn't it?
nope

United States

#30 Apr 23, 2013
BUZZ KlLL wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =JV_927ll32gXX
1. I didn't ask for a link to a video. A book, chapter, and verse would be fine.
2. The portion of Scripture covered in the video says nothing about paying a preacher, or supporting a church in anyway.
leeroy

Barbourville, KY

#31 Apr 24, 2013
I believe they should burn n hell for tellin lies i hate churches and preachers total bulshit ;)
please

London, KY

#32 Apr 24, 2013
did Jesus get paid to save you from hell let me just put something from the bible on here it would be easier for a camel to pass through an eye of a needle then it would be for a rich man to get in to the kingdom of heaven and doesn't it say through all your worldly passions down all I can say is I don't agree I can see taking up offering to help at the church but not to line the pockets of some guy to tell the word of god I don't believe you should go to school to be a preacher I think god calls people to do that

“Power to Devour”

DARK CAVERNS

#33 Apr 24, 2013
please wrote:
did Jesus get paid to save you from hell let me just put something from the bible on here it would be easier for a camel to pass through an eye of a needle then it would be for a rich man to get in to the kingdom of heaven and doesn't it say through all your worldly passions down all I can say is I don't agree I can see taking up offering to help at the church but not to line the pockets of some guy to tell the word of god I don't believe you should go to school to be a preacher I think god calls people to do that
You're right, in part.
angel manna

Somerset, KY

#34 Apr 25, 2013
Ole Marv wrote:
I agree, they should be paid and paid well.
why should we pay a preacher for preaching it is dead against the bible preaching is a calling from GOD not a job to make a living the GOD never charged no one for salvation he died freely on the cross so we could have eternal life ,did anyone pay him to die for us JESUS is our savior ,not a factory to work at .you ppl need to read your bible and understand what it says my husband has been preaching now for about 24 years and has never took not one penny for delivering the WORD OF GOD this makes me sick/...
angel manna

Somerset, KY

#35 Apr 25, 2013
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does it say this?
its not in there. it says if you charge money to preach the word of GOD, it TAKES away your power with GOD.

“Power to Devour”

DARK CAVERNS

#36 Apr 26, 2013
angel manna wrote:
<quoted text>its not in there. it says if you charge money to preach the word of GOD, it TAKES away your power with GOD.
Where?
From the bible

Middlesboro, KY

#37 Apr 29, 2013
1 Timothy 5-17

New International Version
The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.

King James Bible
Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
nope

United States

#38 Apr 30, 2013
From the bible wrote:
1 Timothy 5-17
New International Version
The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.
King James Bible
Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
What does this have to do with money?
come on

Corbin, KY

#39 Apr 30, 2013
Hell yes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min this ones for you 153,845
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 4 min BeatOMAMAGRIMES 5,274
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 1 hr Hook 12
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 2 hr Confused 6
2 good husbands free 3 hr Mrs Baseball 3
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr spaceship 131,062
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 4 hr Stay away 1
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 10 hr Knox co 22
A Rat In Knox County 10 hr True Anon 14
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters