Do you believe in Preacher's being Paid to Preach?

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Marvin Johnson

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I do.
Hmm

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

No
just saying

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Do you pay everybody else why should a man of God be different after all he is given you the word which is the most important thing you could every hear.
Ole Marv

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I agree, they should be paid and paid well.
Crazy mom

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I believe they should be paid and taken care of financially if that is their full time job and they do all they're supposed to do, like visit the sick, etc. I don't think preachers should have to work other jobs if a church can afford to support him. He should be available to visit the sick and do other ministries in the church. My dad was a pastor who was paid a meager salary(all the church could afford) and he had to work full time to support his family. This made it very difficult for him to always be ther for his members.
yep

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

If they're paid, then they should be taxed. Sad fcks hiding behind religion.
lol

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

If the lord call them to preach why should they get paid or go to school?????? They use to not get paid or go to school!!!!!! Times sure have changed use to be love offerings not a pay check!!!!Thats why some r preachers for a pay check!!!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Religion is shadier than anything else in the world. Pay a preacher to preach mine be the holiest thing that can happen.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Might not mine..........

#420blazeitfaggot
tracker

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

The Bible says to give 10 % of what you make. If the Bible says it, I believe it. This is to pay the preacher, pay the payment on the building, water & electric bill, ect. He also has expenses traveling to the hospital, Lexington, and mine has even went out of state to pray for family members. Taking time to preach funerals, weddings, upkeep of the church and so much more. They deserve everything they get.( most of them anyway ). Like anything else though, there are always a few bad apples in the bucket, but as long a I give my part, I have done my share, what they do with it is between them and GOD.
Shocked at the Question

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Most preachers are married and have kids. Preachers have a place to live and utilities and food to buy and they also need a vehicle because they visit the sick & go where they are needed. Then they also have to have gas to put in their vehicle. And this is just the basics if they don't get paid for preaching then how are they suppose to live. Most preachers I know don't have a lot just what they need to survive in this world.

Most people spend more money on sweets a month than what some preachers make.
shedevil

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Crazy mom wrote:
I believe they should be paid and taken care of financially if that is their full time job and they do all they're supposed to do, like visit the sick, etc. I don't think preachers should have to work other jobs if a church can afford to support him. He should be available to visit the sick and do other ministries in the church. My dad was a pastor who was paid a meager salary(all the church could afford) and he had to work full time to support his family. This made it very difficult for him to always be ther for his members.
That's is where the deacons of the church come in.They are suppose to fill in for the pastor.
crazys

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

no they shouldnt no one should pay a preacher to do gods work
unholy

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

shedevil wrote:
<quoted text>That's is where the deacons of the church come in.They are suppose to fill in for the pastor.
what if the preacher don't allow a deacon in his church. this being beacon babtist church on the hill. yea he gets paid well and don't do all he can for people. he is a pure phony !!
he wants to dictate all decisions at his church . he sure isn't a godly or holy person !!
shedevil

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

unholy wrote:
<quoted text> what if the preacher don't allow a deacon in his church. this being beacon babtist church on the hill. yea he gets paid well and don't do all he can for people. he is a pure phony !!
he wants to dictate all decisions at his church . he sure isn't a godly or holy person !!
Then the congregation should have a meeting and vote him out.
Money

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Money is the root of all evil
Pastors Wife

Underwood, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

yep wrote:
If they're paid, then they should be taxed. Sad fcks hiding behind religion.

Yep, Pastors are being taxed on their income! My Husband works 2 jobs. One of which is being a Pastor. The Income he recives covers very little considering the Miles he drives to & from the Church.
Not to mention the Sick & Elderly that are seen by my Husband!
My Husband has driven to Lexington Many times & there wasn't a ck waiting to refund him one Dime.For his Gas or his time !!!
Being a Pastor is a special Gift, on which only God can Appoint anyone to do! Whatever you feel towards Pastors, you need to be told that God says not to touch his Annointed. God Help You & I Pray He truly saves you! I am a Pastors wife who also supports the Ministry! Gods work & the work that Jesus died for Us, to continue with until he Returns!!!!
Becareful with your words, touching Gods Annointed will cost you more than you can afford to lose! God Bless.....
yep

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Lol...and how does one get anointed....through email? Come on...
yep

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

And i was speaking of religion in general. The Yearly Cost of Religious Tax Exemptions: $71,000,000,000
moneythat

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Money wrote:
Money is the root of all evil
The "Love" of money is the root of all evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of38
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Bubba 146,091
Sheriff deputies 7 min Sue 1
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 52 min Know him 10
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 53 min Mike Duquette 128,546
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr Jason lake 2
Orange water 1 hr jack 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Throne 81,564
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••