Curious

Keavy, KY

#1 Jul 17, 2014
Im curious how the wellness center went from "free gas" to $6800 a month for gas. And why cant the city owned utilities give a discounted service like some cities do to industries that bring revenue to their area?
Curious

Keavy, KY

#2 Jul 17, 2014
I know the city doesnt own the gas, should have been more clear on that.
know

Keavy, KY

#3 Jul 17, 2014
i think union college owns the gas
jack

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Jul 17, 2014
Curious wrote:
Im curious how the wellness center went from "free gas" to $6800 a month for gas. And why cant the city owned utilities give a discounted service like some cities do to industries that bring revenue to their area?

if I remember correctly the agreement was that the county would use the funding to build the facility in exchange Union would pay the up keep cost and be able to let Union students go for free (included in tuition cost).

Just remember election time is coming and I'm willing to bet this is just a political ploy. Wait and see if J.M. hall or the new mayor doesn't come to the rescue. Just like jail tracker.
crazy

Keavy, KY

#5 Jul 17, 2014
I dont see much reason to heat the water in the summer time, and why in the world would they make a building that would rust? Thompson probably helped it to fail so he get could get more pop money at the water park.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Antichrist: Gods Final Call (666) (Nov '12) 46 min oh no 56
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr usa 149,998
sarah hibbard (Feb '09) 1 hr Sarah 5
Board of Education theft 1 hr Wondering 6
Why do low class/ skanky people love tatoos so ... 1 hr just sayin 89
Judge hall supports Kilgore 25e sign 3 hr Yep 33
The day I went to sign my dog "Julie" up for S.... 6 hr Jipsy 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance