Jail, Advocate, Sherrif, Mayor
election

Liberty, KY

#21 Nov 7, 2011
Gurantee election time you will think you live in Kansas. Now we know what is wrong with the County. Let's post what we think that could help change the County for the better.
citizen a long time

United States

#22 Nov 7, 2011
I have never seen it this bad and have lived here all my life.there are a lot of business' in town that are just a front for dirty dealing,right under every bodys nose.I think people of knox county know these places.if they dont maybe they are playing blind so they dont see.vote out the people in office and put in some new ones maybe someone else can get the job done.when I was growing up here we slept with the door unlocked and the windows open,not anymore.what knox county needs is more thieves,drugheads,dope dealers and just suround the whole place with a big fence and call it jail.
Just the truth

Liberty, KY

#23 Nov 7, 2011
friend wrote:
Well the last time I went by he had his 4-wheelers parked almost on the road. I there also an entrance and exit to this business, because his clientele are not using them?
Well, the city of Barbourville is not responsible for obstructed views from this business. If you have a loved one or yourself has an accident as business man in town says call the State, because it is not their problem.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#24 Nov 7, 2011
citizen a long time wrote:
I have never seen it this bad and have lived here all my life.there are a lot of business' in town that are just a front for dirty dealing,right under every bodys nose.I think people of knox county know these places.if they dont maybe they are playing blind so they dont see.vote out the people in office and put in some new ones maybe someone else can get the job done.when I was growing up here we slept with the door unlocked and the windows open,not anymore.what knox county needs is more thieves,drugheads,dope dealers and just suround the whole place with a big fence and call it jail.
That revolving door policy our officials have is great for making money but it does little to alleviate crime.
boozer

United States

#25 Nov 7, 2011
john has a budget he can only hire what he can i;m sure he would have plenty of them if he could.
trouble

United States

#26 Nov 7, 2011
i dont know how old you are,but im sure your old enough to know that back when we left our doors unlocked there wasnt meth an meth labs at every other house.an where theres meth an other drugs theres going to be theifs.i dont care who you put in office there not going to stop the meth problem.its to easy to make an a cheap high.these cops cant read minds,they have to have help from the public,but the public dont want envolved.you can get a new sheriff,or new state police or who ever you want,an there not going to find any more than what they find right now.theres usually 20 or 30 meth busts every week according to the paper,an thats knox county alone.so i think they should get more credit than what they do.
well

United States

#27 Nov 7, 2011
Question wrote:
I agree 100%. So, with this large area, don't you agree that we need more sheriff's deputies? Or keep these criminals in jail so they do not have an opportunity to commit a crime once again that calls for the need of more deputies?
they keep getting out of jail because they keep snitching for Brian senters
well

United States

#28 Nov 7, 2011
I have never seen it this bad and have lived here all my life.there are a lot of business' in town that are just a front for dirty dealing,right under every bodys nose.I think people of knox county know these places.if they dont maybe they are playing blind so they dont see.vote out the people in office and put in some new ones maybe someone else can get the job done.when I was growing up here we slept Pwith the door unlocked and the windows open,not anymore.what knox county needs is more othieves,drugheads,dope dealers and just suround the whole place with a big fence and call it jail.
U are so right. I couldn't have said it better.
umm

United States

#29 Nov 7, 2011
trouble wrote:
<quoted text>i dont know how old you are,but im sure your old enough to know that back when we left our doors unlocked there wasnt meth an meth labs at every other house.an where theres meth an other drugs theres going to be theifs.i dont care who you put in office there not going to stop the meth problem.its to easy to make an a cheap high.these cops cant read minds,they have to have help from the public,but the public dont want envolved.you can get a new sheriff,or new state police or who ever you want,an there not going to find any more than what they find right now.theres usually 20 or 30 meth busts every week according to the paper,an thats knox county alone.so i think they should get more credit than what they do.
no they shouldn't get any credit because all they do is walk once they rat on someone else just so they can go bust someone else to make it look like their doing.
Help

Liberty, KY

#30 Nov 7, 2011
boozer wrote:
john has a budget he can only hire what he can i;m sure he would have plenty of them if he could.
Well if the right people knew we were having these problems we could get the funding. Just like flood victims. But alot of peopl don't knows of the problems that are going on. Why can't we take some of the money that we are having to fix this road mess they started and hire at least one.
Why can't the citizens and official call on all the crime sprees and get something done?
Help

Liberty, KY

#31 Nov 7, 2011
trouble wrote:
<quoted text>i dont know how old you are,but im sure your old enough to know that back when we left our doors unlocked there wasnt meth an meth labs at every other house.an where theres meth an other drugs theres going to be theifs.i dont care who you put in office there not going to stop the meth problem.its to easy to make an a cheap high.these cops cant read minds,they have to have help from the public,but the public dont want envolved.you can get a new sheriff,or new state police or who ever you want,an there not going to find any more than what they find right now.theres usually 20 or 30 meth busts every week according to the paper,an thats knox county alone.so i think they should get more credit than what they do.
We do have excellent State Police and Sherrif Dept. Who are the judges and prosecuting attorneys letting them back out. I don't know how but I wish someone would list all the manufacturing meth arrest made in this County this year beginning Jan1, 2011. We can start there and see who got out and who's was dropped.
Help

Liberty, KY

#32 Nov 7, 2011
Everyone says people don't get on here and read this stuff. Well maybe alot didn't but I am looking at my page and I have over 250 friends reading these post. So I know we are helping quite a few people, because if these readers are warning their families, well you get my point.
shedevil

Somerset, KY

#33 Nov 7, 2011
I"M proud of our sherriff and our cops.I think they do a great job.I go all over these back roads on my job and i pass cops all the time patroling them.
heard that

Pella, IA

#34 Nov 7, 2011
mad wrote:
i tried to pull out from there the other day and had to set 10 minutes trying to get out he had four wheelers and cars both setting there i got so mad i started to go tell the mayor that he needs to do his job and have that junk moved out of the way so people can see to get out before a bad wreck happens there and someone gets killed.
It's gonna happen,just a matter of time.
heard that

Pella, IA

#35 Nov 7, 2011
Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>
That revolving door policy our officials have is great for making money but it does little to alleviate crime.
Do you think if a person had enough money they could get away with anything in Knox CO?
umm

United States

#36 Nov 8, 2011
heard that wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think if a person had enough money they could get away with anything in Knox CO?
YES
shedevil

Somerset, KY

#37 Nov 8, 2011
heard that wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think if a person had enough money they could get away with anything in Knox CO?
why don't you try it and see lol
HELP WANTED

Harrison, AR

#38 Nov 8, 2011
What breaks my heart is knowing all these families out here doing drugs, manufacturing meth and thieves around their children.
How can the people that is allowing this to happen sleep at night.
I pray that things get better for everyone.
road

Harrison, AR

#39 Nov 8, 2011
Knox County Judge-Executive J.M. Hall said the road will be built back in its original location and the county will move forward with its own construction plans. Hall said the project will cost the county, but officials are getting some materials donated.

Now see J.M. is getting the road fixed.
road

Harrison, AR

#40 Nov 8, 2011
The Mayor and City Council members of Barbourville take great pride in their ability to serve the community on a much more personal and altogether more effective level. In Barbourville, citizens are known by name, not by their address. The Mayor is elected to serve a four year term and each Council member is elected to serve a two year term. The Mayor and Council work daily for the best interest of the community and its citizens.

Mayor:
David Thompson

Council Members:
Wilma Barnes
John Farmer
Gerald Hyde
Jane Skidmore
Gary Williams
Jason Lake

Good people, they know us by our first name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min usa 149,838
Judge hall supports Kilgore 25e sign 2 hr Gypsy 24
Let's ASK Bonita Williams to Resign !!!! 3 hr Julie m 8
DemocRATS or ISIS which is a greater threat to ... 4 hr PassingYoui 57
Please support our local police 4 hr PassingYoui 56
Page Two: Knox County Grand Jury Indictments: J... 5 hr KevinM 2
News Inmates escape - 8 hr Muntz 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance