Congrats

Princeton, WV

#63 Oct 5, 2012
marty wrote:
Leave TSYFL out if this or else !
Maybe TSYFL should have stepped in when nobody else would!!!! Nice concept!
B team Parent

Ardsley, NY

#64 Oct 5, 2012
Saurik wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is so funny that all you people think topics is anonymous, it is not! Some people out their like myself have an IT degree and it is very easy to find out who is posting, So watch what you say SD ;)
Who cares if you have an IT degree! The things I posted are 100% facts. I have experienced them in person, at board meetings & in wrestling.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#65 Oct 5, 2012
No league is a success or a failure just based on who is on the Board. It is all about the parents helping and how all handle the few that never seem to lift a finger to help and just constantly run their mouths and find fault with those that are doing the work!
Unknown

Ardsley, NY

#66 Oct 5, 2012
Well said!!
Just Saying

Parkersburg, WV

#67 Oct 5, 2012
Saurik wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is so funny that all you people think topics is anonymous, it is not! Some people out their like myself have an IT degree and it is very easy to find out who is posting, So watch what you say SD ;)
Whoah now, I am scared of the l33t haxor on the interwebs. I'll kiss your ass if you can provide my IP address before the end of the weekend, otherwise your just a braggart who probably got his "IT degree" by mail.
Just Saying

Parkersburg, WV

#68 Oct 5, 2012
OMFG wrote:
I think most of you "ladies" should gtfo topics and just sit around the house reading 50 shades of grey. I have been around youth sports (particularly B'ville) all my life. I played for B'ville as a kid and I have volunteered as an adult. Here are some inescapable facts:
1) Until TSYFL changes the rules to that there 11 quarterbacks on the field a majority of the parents wont be happy
2) Until technology allows the parents to vote (kinda like a studio audience on a game show) for the play to be run, the coach will call the wrong play every single down according to different parents
3) The team mom should be one of the easiest jobs in the league where she manages the contact list for parents and assembles volunteers for concession or gate duty; however, it has become a nightmare where she has to organize fundraiser after fundraiser to purchase team jackets, hats, blankets, shirts, jewelry, warm-up suits, etc. etc. etc. to be given to a group of 6, 7, 8, 9,and 10 year olds at the end of the season. Gordy Howe's bonus one year was a team jacket and none of these little primadonnas in your league will ever play a second of professional sports so quit celebrating them with gifts they don't need and only serve to inflate their ever growing egos into the little [email protected] they become in middle school.
4)There hasn't been a capable league board in decades. 99% of the volunteers are simple blue collar workers with a very limited education. It doesn't take a degree in integral calculus to run a league, but it takes more than a stay at home mom or a carpenter. The problem is that the people with actual professional management experience realize what a Charlie-Foxtrot the league is and how all the little helicopter parents who have a sick need to live vicariously through the lives of their children ruin what could be a good thing for kids
Listen, the league was much better when you stay at home moms with seemingly nothing better to do were offering BJs/sex to get more playing time for your kids instead of playing politics (which the lot of you suck at) and adding drama to a friggin kid's sport.
That's absolutely brilliant, but watch out for the l33t haxor coming to reveal your identity on the interwebs
Really really

Princeton, WV

#69 Oct 5, 2012
Is the pit open tonight or is the white flag up?????
minnie

Bluefield, WV

#70 Oct 6, 2012
All you people need to grow up, this is nothing but a bunch of drama,and you call yourselves adults?....My Lord I have never seen the likes of some of this crap that is being written, leave it alone it is what it is!
Wow

United States

#71 Oct 6, 2012
I over heard people at the game today talking about this.(No I am not from Barboursville.) You people are the laughing stock of the league this year! And now I see why. This is insane. Do you really think posting any problems your league is having all over the Internet is a smart thing to do? Grow up and act like adults. Now I see where your children get their whining from, and to think we should all feel sorry for them. Seems like they have learned from the best. Grow up people & teach your kids better. You should all be embarrassed! But just know EVERYONE in the league is watching and laughing. You guys should sell tickets for a fundraiser! To the current Pres: I would be praising The Lord to not have to be the "leader" of this dramatic group of people. I'm not sure you could ever please them from what I have read. Throw them the deuces & peace out with a smile on your face.
To the new president: Good luck. You must be crazy to want to deal with these people. Pass out MMBH flyers for sign ups next year. Just an idea!
discusting

Nitro, WV

#72 Oct 8, 2012
Wow wrote:
I over heard people at the game today talking about this.(No I am not from Barboursville.) You people are the laughing stock of the league this year! And now I see why. This is insane. Do you really think posting any problems your league is having all over the Internet is a smart thing to do? Grow up and act like adults. Now I see where your children get their whining from, and to think we should all feel sorry for them. Seems like they have learned from the best. Grow up people & teach your kids better. You should all be embarrassed! But just know EVERYONE in the league is watching and laughing. You guys should sell tickets for a fundraiser! To the current Pres: I would be praising The Lord to not have to be the "leader" of this dramatic group of people. I'm not sure you could ever please them from what I have read. Throw them the deuces & peace out with a smile on your face.
To the new president: Good luck. You must be crazy to want to deal with these people. Pass out MMBH flyers for sign ups next year. Just an idea!
well if you are not from Barboursville then you need to mind your own business, all we care about are the kids plain and simple. id say you are from DC or you wouldnt have been there! how do you people handle things, at least our kids don't cuss like sailors and make fun of those less fortunate,. we heard one of your B teamers talking smack about one of our players. kids repeat what they hear at home, just sayin

Since: Oct 11

Barboursville

#73 Oct 8, 2012
discusting wrote:
<quoted text>well if you are not from Barboursville then you need to mind your own business, all we care about are the kids plain and simple. id say you are from DC or you wouldnt have been there! how do you people handle things, at least our kids don't cuss like sailors and make fun of those less fortunate,. we heard one of your B teamers talking smack about one of our players. kids repeat what they hear at home, just sayin
And the gangsta rap over the loud speakers down there was a little over the top, I know it's the hood but come on people!
lol

Charleston, WV

#74 Oct 8, 2012
sonnyburnett wrote:
<quoted text>
And the gangsta rap over the loud speakers down there was a little over the top, I know it's the hood but come on people!
The announcers had to play something...they were getting tired of repeating "Touchdown DC" OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
DC Dad

Springfield, NJ

#75 Oct 8, 2012
We only listen to that when we play Barboursville, we know it drives you nuts!! Plus, it's kinda hard for the boys to get pumped up listening to Taylor Swift and Shania Twain :)

Good luck to the new board members at Barboursville, hope you guys get everything worked out!
Parent

Ardsley, NY

#76 Oct 8, 2012
DC Dad wrote:
We only listen to that when we play Barboursville, we know it drives you nuts!! Plus, it's kinda hard for the boys to get pumped up listening to Taylor Swift and Shania Twain :)
Good luck to the new board members at Barboursville, hope you guys get everything worked out!
Actually at Barboursville there is no music, so you are 100% incorrect about shania twain!
The sound system is muffled & you can hardly understand the announcer from the visitors side.
Other than that, great games!
Wow

Lizemores, WV

#77 Oct 8, 2012
discusting wrote:
<quoted text>well if you are not from Barboursville then you need to mind your own business, all we care about are the kids plain and simple. id say you are from DC or you wouldnt have been there! how do you people handle things, at least our kids don't cuss like sailors and make fun of those less fortunate,. we heard one of your B teamers talking smack about one of our players. kids repeat what they hear at home, just sayin
I don't see how bashing and trashing your board and coaches is caring for the kids but you are correct I'm not from Barboursville. As another one of your parents said I'm from the "hood" yet I can spell 'disgusting' correctly, just sayin! Wow
We know who you are

Ardsley, NY

#78 Oct 9, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see how bashing and trashing your board and coaches is caring for the kids but you are correct I'm not from Barboursville. As another one of your parents said I'm from the "hood" yet I can spell 'disgusting' correctly, just sayin! Wow
Funny that the "discusting" person posts in the South Pt forum too. Stirring up trouble.
Yessir

Springfield, NJ

#79 Oct 10, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see how bashing and trashing your board and coaches is caring for the kids but you are correct I'm not from Barboursville. As another one of your parents said I'm from the "hood" yet I can spell 'disgusting' correctly, just sayin! Wow
I am "from Barboursville" but my kids WON'T play "for Barboursville". When the "hood" visited up the road from Barboursville, we found their athletes, parents, and coaches to be friendly and guess what...ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!! Then, there was a cheer competition this past weekend...once again the "hood" cheered for your team, my team, and their team!!! Grow up people and quit bullying somebody pointing out the obvious. Bashing your board has NOTHING to do with the kids.
mom

Nitro, WV

#80 Oct 10, 2012
Yessir wrote:
<quoted text>
I am "from Barboursville" but my kids WON'T play "for Barboursville". When the "hood" visited up the road from Barboursville, we found their athletes, parents, and coaches to be friendly and guess what...ALL ABOUT THE KIDS!!! Then, there was a cheer competition this past weekend...once again the "hood" cheered for your team, my team, and their team!!! Grow up people and quit bullying somebody pointing out the obvious. Bashing your board has NOTHING to do with the kids.
well said, the hood kids are a very well behaved group,fire parade Beverly Hills was bulling DC,
haha

Springfield, NJ

#81 Oct 10, 2012
marty wrote:
Leave TSYFL out if this or else !
Well if this is marty m. You and all of the tsyfl are a f@#$ joke and you all should have been replaced a long time ago
Pixie

Nitro, WV

#82 Oct 12, 2012
This behavior has been going on within this group for I know of the past 3 years! Someone is always pointing the finger and calling out names of someone to accuse for this or for that. Bottom line is, if you don't like the way things are being done, let it be known at the meetings, not with your gossip and bickering! Everyone says it's all about the children. Really? To an outsider looking in, that's sure not the way you all make it look! If it were really all about the kids, you would stop with this nonsense and make this league what it used to be! A GREAT LEAGUE THAT HAD GREAT PARENTAL SUPPORT FOR THE KIDS AND THE COMMUNITY! Instead, you all sound like a bunch of cry babies that just sit on the sidelines and think up crap to complain about. If you think you could do a better job than those that were voted in, why didn't you put your hat in for the positions that were voted on? This league used to be one that parents and community were proud of, proud to support and didn't always have PARENTS talking bad about them. That's really bad when it gets to the point that the parents are the ones that are giving the league the bad name. What kind of an example are you setting for your children? I'm sure they have overheard alot of the talk that the parents are having about their league. Would you want to be a part of that? Come on parents, shape up! Get behind your league instead of creating drama! Let your community once again be proud to be a part of your league, and once again be the envy of others!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Williams and that 3 million dollars. 4 min Liberal Derangement 14
America Held Hostage Day 185 6 min Liberal Derangement 38
Diva Soul Food Joanna Williams 15 min curious 28
Shitpants McGoo 18 min Jay 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 48 min TheTruthAlways2 4,168
Wasn't ready Jul 23 Why 4
A Flirt Jul 23 Text me 9

Barboursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barboursville Mortgages