Wow

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Mr. Meadows is cool as hell. I had him for class and thoroughly enjoyed his guidance. Great sense of humor, although sometimes out of place in the school building I knew he was joking and knew to take it with a grain of salt. Too bad these thin skinned bitches (boys and girls both) don't understand the meaning of jokes anymore. What is the world coming too when there is no place for laughter and all types of humor in our society, and I don't care if it is school. He has been doing this for years. Are the kids of today supposed to be so much different from the ones of yesterday? NO. Quit crying you bunch of patsies and tell your parents to buy three pacifiers when they go to the store, one for mom one for dad and one for the whiny assed kid. Dang I knew these kids today were sheltered because of video games but Jesus parents get a freakin grip!!!'
Tlyne

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

I had Mr.Meadows for P.E at the old Huntington East HS. He's always been like that, he doesn't mean it in a rude or perverted way. It's just his personality. Which I enjoyed when he was my gym teacher back in ohh I'd guess 95'. He was one if my favorite teachers. It was always easy to connect with him and discuss real issues teenagers have,(I'm sure this was true for many if not most if my classmates) not in a half ass vague way you would when u were forced to go to the guidance counselor. He is a kind, big hearted man who has always been there for his students. A few come to mind that i feel if they wouldn't have had Mr.Meadows to confide in, I don't know what they would have done! Yea his mouth might be a little much for some, all I can say to that is get over it, he is who he is and he's been teaching for all these years with no complaints from other students :)
One of my favorite stories I used to share about him, when I was younger... A couple of friends and myself decided to skip his class. We almost got busted by another teacher a little later and decided to go back. Well he knew we were skipping and instead if righting us up, locked all 6(I think it was) gym doors so we couldn't get back in. I think it was so he didn't have to look like the bad guy (to us) but so we would still get caught.
I run into him from time to time shopping, I know he probably doesn't remember my name but he remembers me. I haven't thought of him recently, but as I sit and right this I've got the biggest grin on my face remembering how much I enjoyed him as a teacher! Not sure of the facts but I hope everything works out for him. I would hate for him not to be able to continue doing what he does so well because of some butt hurt spoiled little kid!!
come on man

Madison, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2012

I have known Bill Meadows for about 20 years. He is a great person and great teacher with an excellent personality. I can't believe that this is even an issue at all. Back in the day i recall teachers saying much worse things about female students and not getting into any kind of trouble. Trying to be P.C. is almost impossible these days. The only thing that Bill was trying to convey was that he thought that the woman was pretty. He wasn't saying anything derogatory about her. In his mind he was giving the woman a compliment. I heard that students even have t-shirts made up that say things like "Free Bill." He has always been a favorite of the students. For a man to be suspended after 30+ years of teaching for making a remark that didn't hurt anyone is unbelievable. Did he make a mistake? Yeah probably. Did the punishment fit the crime? Hell No. I want a t-shirt
FREE BILL MEADOWS
IKnowMore

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Class of 05 midland graduate. Bill Meadows may have been off beat but he was funny and a hell of a teacher. He's awesome

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Barboursville Forum right now

Search the Barboursville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min George 51,964
Hang out 3 hr TBA 1
midland meadows (Mar '12) 6 hr yes 41
Cats (Mar '13) 15 hr THE LAST WARRIOR POET 6
does brennah turner bite people? 16 hr poop chute 5
Farley Household (Jul '13) 23 hr 12 yr old girl 46
lady godivas (Feb '11) Fri J bird 67
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barboursville Jobs

•••