Westboro Baptist Church to protest Ba...

Westboro Baptist Church to protest Barboursville soldier's funeral

There are 158 comments on the Examiner.com story from Mar 4, 2012, titled Westboro Baptist Church to protest Barboursville soldier's funeral. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church are going to stage a protest at the funeral of Lance Corporal Jonathan S. Long tomorrow, March 5th, at Henson Mortuary in Huntington, WV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Dirtroadman

Jersey City, NJ

#149 Mar 7, 2012
ATF wrote:
They are not unlike most other religious groups who believe in a god they can't see hear or touch. They have a word for it....delusional
I worship trees. I can feel and touch them. Sometimes I even rub my weiner up against them. I am glad you respect my beliefs since my belief is something I can both see and touch. I can also hear them creaking in the breeze. You can usually find me worshipping my god at Ritter Park on warm days. I am the guy in the trenchcoat. The yellow trench coat, not the guy in the blue one or the other guy in the beige one.

“I walk among you but”

Since: Feb 12

I am not one of you

#150 Mar 7, 2012
ATF wrote:
They are not unlike most other religious groups who believe in a god they can't see hear or touch. They have a word for it....delusional
I think they are very differant from other main stream religious groups. I think they are in a group of there own.
1 post removed

“I walk among you but”

I am not one of you

#152 Mar 7, 2012
-MsMurphy- wrote:
<quoted text>They are in a group thier own, they are all related. No outsiders. Thats how a cult is operated. No outsiders, one leader.
Very true.. I am thinking incest.. Who in their right mind would marry one of them?
The oldest lady.... the one who is always in the front of things, had a baby out of wedlock. I saw that on a special. She mad when it was brought up.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#153 Mar 7, 2012
This cult was started by their father, who was a racist loon. They are all family. Cousin's marry cousin's. It's just that simple.
John B Goode

Mount Prospect, IL

#154 Mar 7, 2012
Thanks to all in Cabell county that made these idoits realize a BEATDOWN was GOING to be the prize this coming to this Marines funeral. God Bless West Virginia and God Bless Cabell County.
1 post removed
Dirtroadman

Saint Albans, WV

#156 Mar 8, 2012
John B Goode wrote:
Thanks to all in Cabell county that made these idoits realize a BEATDOWN was GOING to be the prize this coming to this Marines funeral. God Bless West Virginia and God Bless Cabell County.
It takes a brave man to beat up women and kids. Would you hit the mom while the kid watched?
conky

Reston, VA

#157 Mar 8, 2012
Dirtroadman wrote:
<quoted text>It takes a brave man to beat up women and kids. Would you hit the mom while the kid watched?
he wouldn't of had to there were plenty of women and kids out there watching out for and paying their respects to Jon his family and fiancée.
Fallacy

Huntington, WV

#158 Mar 8, 2012
So did they actually come or what?
Dirtroadman

Reston, VA

#159 Mar 8, 2012
conky wrote:
<quoted text>
he wouldn't of had to there were plenty of women and kids out there watching out for and paying their respects to Jon his family and fiancée.
Maybe the mothers would have risked losing their children by attacking another person in their presence. Most courts would consider that abusive and neglectful.

So the motto to live by is: "If you believe or say something I disagree with I will fight you?"

That is a good way to bully everyone into all thinking the same. In fact, didn't the Soviets employ similar tactics?

Real American values.

Perhaps consider that our brave soldiers have died protecting our freedoms. Those freedoms include the free speech practiced by hateful groups like Westboro Baptist Church.
conky

Reston, VA

#160 Mar 9, 2012
Dirtroadman wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the mothers would have risked losing their children by attacking another person in their presence. Most courts would consider that abusive and neglectful.

So the motto to live by is: "If you believe or say something I disagree with I will fight you?"

That is a good way to bully everyone into all thinking the same. In fact, didn't the Soviets employ similar tactics?

Real American values.

Perhaps consider that our brave soldiers have died protecting our freedoms. Those freedoms include the free speech practiced by hateful groups like Westboro Baptist Church.
oh so you are telling me that you wouldn't care if these psychotic people came to your son or daughters funeral and protested because of something they did that THEY believed in! What gives them the right? oh. I'm sorry that would be our military. And as far as "most courts"... well hmmmm...
Dirtroadman

Jersey City, NJ

#161 Mar 9, 2012
conky wrote:
<quoted text>
oh so you are telling me that you wouldn't care if these psychotic people came to your son or daughters funeral and protested because of something they did that THEY believed in! What gives them the right? oh. I'm sorry that would be our military. And as far as "most courts"... well hmmmm...
I would not get arrested over them.
1 post removed

“I walk among you but”

I am not one of you

#163 Mar 9, 2012
-MsMurphy- wrote:
<quoted text>THIS IS WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHTS TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT TO SAY..........
First Amendment to the United States Constitution
You are right. They know this and they use it hard. But I can't agure with "right".
1 post removed
conky

Huntington, WV

#165 Mar 10, 2012
-MsMurphy- wrote:
I understand, just because you have the right, does not mean you should exercise that right......... I may not agree or approve of what you say, but I will defend your right to say it!
having the common knowledge ( and courtesy) to know when to and not to use your rights is what I respect. these people obviously have NO respect for anyone or anything!! I was out there and was VERY happy to be! As the family drove buy you could see that they were glad we were there too.

I would do it over and over again if it would keep the stupidity away!
what

United States

#166 Mar 10, 2012
Dirtroadman wrote:
<quoted text>It takes a brave man to beat up women and kids. Would you hit the mom while the kid watched?
I would. They might learn the price of sticking your nose where it doesnt belong.
an agreeing democrat

Netherlands

#167 Mar 11, 2012
Highwayman wrote:
Our first ammendment rights are a joke, you can say anything you want as long as you are a liberal or a democrat but if your conservative you will get your ass tossed in jail for enciting unrest. Go call a muslim a a$$hole or something, or a black person, or a homosexual and you will be run out of town. Buuut if you are a liberal you can walk up to someone and tell them they should be killed for what they believe in and they can get away with harassing your family and destroying your property and anything else they want to do. First ammendment rights my a$$, this country has been destroyed by the left and we may as well just give up on it and whatever you do dont have any children in this miserable crap hole because in about ten yrs. or so your daughter will be forced to wear a burkah. Rights, ha ha ha!
I am a moderate democrat that agrees with you. Free speech is not a one way street. We need more reasonable moderate people in this country, or it will not last much longer
joe

Huntington, WV

#168 Mar 12, 2012
Maybe something will happen to them maybe they would like to sleep in an abandon mine shaft that church is a terrorist group Like al queada

Since: Aug 11

Huntington, WV

#169 Mar 13, 2012
Thay know not GOD.
DevilDog

Bellflower, CA

#170 Sep 22, 2012
Airman wrote:
Lcpl Long and many more gave their life to protect the rights of these people's freedom of speach. As vial as it is........
It figures that an airman would support westboros freedom of speech. Your comment and your spelling is vile. Both you and them have the freedom of experiencing a USMC style beat down. Oorah. Kill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr Just saying 4,194
Mallory Hardiman 6 hr Family member 4
midland behavioral health (Apr '13) 8 hr imsick 3
Okay 12 hr So you hate me 2
mary carson (Nov '16) Wed done 141
Deer in Nancy Cartmill Gardens Wed Local 10
I Learned Wed laffsonu 9

Barboursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance