Westboro Baptist Church to protest Barboursville soldier's funeral

There are 160 comments on the Examiner.com story from Mar 4, 2012, titled Westboro Baptist Church to protest Barboursville soldier's funeral. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church are going to stage a protest at the funeral of Lance Corporal Jonathan S. Long tomorrow, March 5th, at Henson Mortuary in Huntington, WV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#124 Mar 6, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree. They are pretty much celebrating a death. If it was my boyfriends funeral and they were there, they best be ready to meet their maker..

Anyone remember this guy, Sgt. Ryan Newell. He had the right idea.

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-12-07/justice/ka...
I don't understand why the WBC can't be charged with inciting a riot!
Toby

Portland, OR

#125 Mar 6, 2012
United States of Exxon wrote:
<quoted text>I know the word of God who created Heaven and earth or your worldly world and my belief system is stronger than your HATE.
Another red herring and you can have quite a feast at supper time.
Truth Hurts

Elizabethtown, KY

#126 Mar 6, 2012
Kimberling wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand why the WBC can't be charged with inciting a riot!
Yeah. Really I am surprised those 4uck3rs are still alive. I wonder if they truly believe in what they are doing or is it some big scheme?
Toby

Portland, OR

#127 Mar 6, 2012
I don't agree with the Iraq war or the continuing war in Afghanistan but I certainly find no affinity with the perspectives of the hate group WBC ,and I don't believe you celebrate any humans death. The argument of political opposition to those wars is nothing but a red herring, a distraction from the real issue here being discussed of religious zealotry and its radical bigotry and hate.

The WBC never oppose of Americas wars based on any false casus belli, but they rather base their opposition on archaic monotheistic tenets, if the WBC had their way homosexuals, and adulterers would still be legally stoned to death, not to mention that the Old Testament condones the death of fornicators also, that would include about 95% of the entire human population.
:/

Chicago, IL

#128 Mar 6, 2012
Omg they're pathetic you should see their website
1 post removed
Toby

Portland, OR

#130 Mar 6, 2012
The WBC is an excellent case study of the dynamics of cults, cult leaders and their credulous followers. In most of these types of cults there is a charismatic leader, much like Jim Jones who is idealized by the other members. Phelps is a inverted Jim Jones, that is politically and ideologically.

“I walk among you but”

Since: Feb 12

I am not one of you

#131 Mar 6, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Really I am surprised those 4uck3rs are still alive. I wonder if they truly believe in what they are doing or is it some big scheme?
I think they are a running a complete scam.. They are all lawyers and I read that they make their money suing because of thier right to free speech. They have won every one of these cases that I have read about.
I don't know how much they believe in what they are doing, but they do it and that is enough to make me dislike and disagree with them.
Truth Hurts

Elizabethtown, KY

#132 Mar 6, 2012
Bellah wrote:
<quoted text>I think they are a running a complete scam.. They are all lawyers and I read that they make their money suing because of thier right to free speech. They have won every one of these cases that I have read about.
I don't know how much they believe in what they are doing, but they do it and that is enough to make me dislike and disagree with them.
They have picked them perfect scheme. I would be hard pressed to find another way to piss off more people. One day their luck will run out.
Truth Hurts

Elizabethtown, KY

#133 Mar 6, 2012
Toby wrote:
The WBC is an excellent case study of the dynamics of cults, cult leaders and their credulous followers. In most of these types of cults there is a charismatic leader, much like Jim Jones who is idealized by the other members. Phelps is a inverted Jim Jones, that is politically and ideologically.
Is it a cult or is it just a family thing? Aren't they all related?

“and how does this effect you?”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#134 Mar 6, 2012
Truth Hurts wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Really I am surprised those 4uck3rs are still alive. I wonder if they truly believe in what they are doing or is it some big scheme?
reality tv?
Hey

Branchland, WV

#135 Mar 6, 2012
Guess they heard what a great knit community we are here and kept their P**** selves away? its a good thing cause they would have had a great as* kicking which we all could have loved!
thinking

United States

#136 Mar 6, 2012
And just think they are non-profit and tax exempt. Then cities and governments have to pay for the security for them everywhere they go. It sickens me. They are liars, cheaters, and tax free, a perfect scam. I sure there are nutcases all over sending them money.
Highwayman

Huntington, WV

#137 Mar 6, 2012
No Im fine, no meds. I just want them all to die in a fire thats all. Same way they did on 9-11.
me

United States

#138 Mar 6, 2012
WBC just simply found their way to make money.
Joseph Ruskin

Dallas, TX

#139 Mar 6, 2012
Firegirl09 wrote:
These are the types of people who give Christians a bad name.
Here's a perfect exampe of fearing all Muslim's.(or other religons we don't understand).
lmao

Elizabethtown, KY

#140 Mar 6, 2012
Joseph Ruskin wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a perfect exampe of fearing all Muslim's.(or other religons we don't understand).
WBC are just like extremist Muslims. WBC love their IED's.

Since: Sep 11

Traveling Onward

#141 Mar 6, 2012
God bless our troops!
2 posts removed
Dirtroadman

Charleston, WV

#144 Mar 7, 2012
Hey wrote:
Guess they heard what a great knit community we are here and kept their P**** selves away? its a good thing cause they would have had a great as* kicking which we all could have loved!
No, they typically cause drama without any intention or the resources to protest every funeral. You all have kept their name in the spotlight. I am sure they thank you.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#145 Mar 7, 2012
I think WBC is a tool
1 post removed
ATF

Astoria, NY

#147 Mar 7, 2012
They are not unlike most other religious groups who believe in a god they can't see hear or touch. They have a word for it....delusional

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women who lose custody of their children. (Jan '13) 58 min Xam 68
Davis Creek Elementary closing? 11 hr Gayle 10
Stacey Birch Chapman 12 hr kim 5
urgent care 14 hr Jamestheduke21 3
peyton birch (Feb '14) 17 hr Clutch 4
cmhs great school!!!!! 17 hr yep 4
Barboursville Moose Lodge 19 hr Saying it like it is 4
More from around the web

Barboursville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE