Westboro Baptist Church to protest Ba...

Westboro Baptist Church to protest Barboursville soldier's funeral

There are 158 comments on the Examiner.com story from Mar 4, 2012, titled Westboro Baptist Church to protest Barboursville soldier's funeral. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Members of the Westboro Baptist Church are going to stage a protest at the funeral of Lance Corporal Jonathan S. Long tomorrow, March 5th, at Henson Mortuary in Huntington, WV.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Highwayman

Huntington, WV

#1 Mar 4, 2012
I would be willing to bet that they will have came to the wrong little town to practice their disgusting craft this time. They will probably leave bruised and bloodied, and should too. And also, he was a Marine not a Soldier and Marines are very particular about being referred to as 'Soldiers' and whoever wrote this should change it because believe me it is almost offensive to them.
Highwayman

Huntington, WV

#2 Mar 4, 2012
As to the Marine and Soldier thing, the term 'Soldier/s' referes to the Army and a 'Marine' referes to the Marine Corps and they are very particular about it.
scam

Millstone, WV

#3 Mar 4, 2012
All they are is a scam using the church tax exemptions to further their profitability of inflaming the public and local governments to sue for any amount of money they can get their hands on. I think the federal government needs to create a new law against fraudulent use of the name church. They are all very successful lawyers and will never single a person out, thus always using blanket statements and just making eye contact. As soon as the police dont let them protest or you punch them then everyone in the vicinity gets a lawsuit for civil rights and anything else. It has to be the one of the most outrageous and successful scam schemes ever thought of because they work the system perfect.

well sorry to rant. The scum really touches home with me as well.
Rita

Princeton, WV

#4 Mar 4, 2012
Highwayman wrote:
As to the Marine and Soldier thing, the term 'Soldier/s' referes to the Army and a 'Marine' referes to the Marine Corps and they are very particular about it.
This is true my husband is a marine.and that pisses him off.
Amanda

Ridgeview, WV

#5 Mar 4, 2012
Hopefully Huntington can run them out like charleston ran them out a couple years ago.
Airman

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Mar 4, 2012
Lcpl Long and many more gave their life to protect the rights of these people's freedom of speach. As vial as it is........
Joe Osborne

Hamlin, WV

#7 Mar 4, 2012
Simple assault comes with a slap on the wrist for first-offenders; anyone want to take one for Lance Corporal Jonathan S. Long. If he can die for us, surely we can pay $100 fine and spend a few days in jail for him.
Joe Osborne

Hamlin, WV

#8 Mar 4, 2012
I'm a firm believer in our constitution, more specifically to this thread, our 1st Amendment rights. However, there was a thing long ago called decency. For example, say boy1 engages his 1st Amendment to father1; boy1 tells father1 all the perverse sexual things he would like to do to father1's daughter. Though boy1 inacts his 1st Amendment right, father1 has an obligation to his daughter to stomp a mud-hole in boy1's a$$. These are religious fanatics; they won't quit until someone makes them, it may sound childish but you'd be surprised of the results that come of smacking somoene in the mouth.
Airman

Saint Albans, WV

#9 Mar 4, 2012
They make their money by sueing citys for not protecting them.
Jess

Kenova, WV

#10 Mar 4, 2012
The Patriot Riders will be there to protect the family from WBC; I don't think they'll get very far in this town.
armyssg

United States

#11 Mar 4, 2012
what time is this going on tomorrow?
mother

Hurricane, WV

#12 Mar 4, 2012
Armyssg,
The funeral starts at 1 pm. It is in the hearld dispatch newspaper if you want details.
Steve

Huntington, WV

#13 Mar 4, 2012
scam wrote:
All they are is a scam using the church tax exemptions to further their profitability of inflaming the public and local governments to sue for any amount of money they can get their hands on. I think the federal government needs to create a new law against fraudulent use of the name church. They are all very successful lawyers and will never single a person out, thus always using blanket statements and just making eye contact. As soon as the police dont let them protest or you punch them then everyone in the vicinity gets a lawsuit for civil rights and anything else. It has to be the one of the most outrageous and successful scam schemes ever thought of because they work the system perfect.
well sorry to rant. The scum really touches home with me as well.
I wish them luck getting a WV judge to award them anything. Ain't... gonna... happen.
lolyeah

United States

#14 Mar 4, 2012
They just might be up for more than they bargain for trying to protest tomorrow!
Crazyness

United States

#15 Mar 4, 2012
lolyeah wrote:
They just might be up for more than they bargain for trying to protest tomorrow!
As well they should be.....they deserve whatever happens to them...bunch of ignorance and we are a tight community and should NOT allow these idiots to invade OUR TOWN!!! As if the family isn't going through enough and having to deal with these idiots
1 post removed
spc

Canton, NC

#17 Mar 4, 2012
WVU ftw wrote:
<quoted text>
If they concerned themselves more with fighting instead of someone inaccurately referring to them as soldiers, we might have not been defeated by the North Vietnamese.
Seems kind of anal if you ask me. However, homos are now not required to tell or be asked, so I guess they all keep each other warm when stationed in cold locations.

With all do respect; when you've done what you've done to earn the title marine, you would understand. Just like I'm a soldier. Its a mutual respect thing. Just like when you're a "soldier", being called a "private" is the quickest way to get smacked in the face. Now with that being said, call a Marine a soldier to their face. But despite that, pgr will be there. Along with friends and family. 90% of law enforcement is prior service.... and troopers were there today. So im pretty sure law enforcement will deny any wbc cocksuckers near jons funeral. Rip buddy.
luger

Saint Albans, WV

#18 Mar 4, 2012
I wouldn't hesitate to smack 1 of these fake god freaks right in the mouth. As many country boys and gun toters we have in this state I'm sure we could set up a lil perimeter to keep this poor boys fammily from seeing this non sense. Wv is an open carry state after all so let them 9s and 45s shine
spc

Canton, NC

#19 Mar 4, 2012
luger wrote:
I wouldn't hesitate to smack 1 of these fake god freaks right in the mouth. As many country boys and gun toters we have in this state I'm sure we could set up a lil perimeter to keep this poor boys fammily from seeing this non sense. Wv is an open carry state after all so let them 9s and 45s shine

Patriot Guard Riders are already on top of it. They set barriers with their motorcycles while they fly the American flag on their bikes.
Joe

United States

#20 Mar 5, 2012
I'm extremely pissed after reading up on these people. I don't keep up with the news very often. I don't understand how they can hold up signs that say things like "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "Thank God for IED's", and still be among the living. I'm a firm believer in our first amendment rights, but shit like this should be grounds for a date with a firing squad!!!
arrestable

United States

#21 Mar 5, 2012
They take their lawsuits to the supreme court. They're lame as he11 and I hope the patriot riders shut them down. Their website says they are protesting in Kansas today so I think it was just about promoting them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courtney Staley and Sean 14 hr Rachel 18
Name one 23 hr Tom Clark 7
Enough/stop Sat Skunk 9
Thrown away Sat Dont worry about ... 8
Fat Patty's owner (Feb '13) Sat WTF 26
A woman Dec 1 Yep 8
List all the Bullys in the area Dec 1 Ryan Seacrest 1

Barboursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance