barboursville parade gets worse every...

barboursville parade gets worse every year

Posted in the Barboursville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what a waste

United States

#1 Sep 15, 2012
IT was a good show in 05..it gets worse every year..boring..boring..firetruc ks are the best thing there and im mean come on..a firetruck lol..please..whoever is in charge of operating the parade, please try to bring something better next year!! NOBODY wants to see a friggin firetruck or a car that says miss farm queen or baby queen lol..have we really sunk down that low??
miss princess

Clay, WV

#2 Sep 16, 2012
I to feel the parade has gone down hill, but again nothing stays the same ! The real gripe I have ....is grown adults blocking a childs view trying to stand as close to the the candy being thrown and filling up buckets and dumping them into a bag at least 3 times, they were there only for the candy and not the parade, no I didn't want the candy I wanted my grandson to be able to see the parade.....come on people the stores are full of candy.
queen

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2012
what a waste wrote:
IT was a good show in 05..it gets worse every year..boring..boring..firetruc ks are the best thing there and im mean come on..a firetruck lol..please..whoever is in charge of operating the parade, please try to bring something better next year!! NOBODY wants to see a friggin firetruck or a car that says miss farm queen or baby queen lol..have we really sunk down that low??
If you didnt like the parade stay home next year. May I ask what you would have done different?
salt rock
#4 Sep 16, 2012
yea,i agree the parade gets worse every year.they could have had a little girl with her horse and a buggy that would have went real good with the western theme,and after being register and showing up they wouldnt let us unload him.
Omg

Springfield, NJ

#5 Sep 16, 2012
Yeah an the sad thing was she was doing it for autism awareness!!! Pretty sad so those two little girls had to go home with tears an was very disappointed!!
mee

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2012
I heardit a western theme. I was there. You call 2 guys wearin old soldier costumes a western theme lmao!! there was absolutely nothing western about that parade..It was obviously a wannabe beauty pageant theme..and those girlswere so ugly..actually every woman i seen there was nasty in parade and audience..never knew barboursvillle wv had the ugliest women in the country lol..
Hehehe

Huntington, WV

#7 Sep 17, 2012
I heard the theme next year is "Prime Time TV Game Shows". Im sure the Sutphins are entering a sure winner of a float called "Who's My Daddy" - a take on the classic "To Tell the Truth" (of course instead of candy, I guess michael could toss pills).

The Woods girls are gonna do their take on the "Gong Show". Carrie, Skylar, and Cassidy will each take turns on the pole. If anyone is nauseated by the performance, they can walk up to the back of the float and strike the gong to get them off the pole. This float will be emceed by the East Side King and is sure to be a crowd favorite.

BYFL and BLLB decided to team together to create a float with the theme from the UK game show "Beg, Borrow, or Steal". To pull this off, they are going to place players and cheerleaders throughout the crowd begging for handouts. League officials will "borrow" gate admission and concession stand revenue and at the end of the night, someone will be accused of stealing the league blind. Screw candy, this float has to toss autographs of Randy Coyle to the crowd.
the GRINCH

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2012
miss princess wrote:
I to feel the parade has gone down hill, but again nothing stays the same ! The real gripe I have ....is grown adults blocking a childs view trying to stand as close to the the candy being thrown and filling up buckets and dumping them into a bag at least 3 times, they were there only for the candy and not the parade, no I didn't want the candy I wanted my grandson to be able to see the parade.....come on people the stores are full of candy.
They r getting their halloween candy. Your child will get one tootsie roll when he knocks on their door this year. It sucks. The idiotic people parking in middle of road and in my personal parking spot in front of my home. Can't even get home from work without a hassle. I've resorted to walking to work on parade day just to save myself the b u l l s h I t. Last year I took my child he got busted in the head with a piece of candy so hard he cried. Screw that.
the GRINCH

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2012
To the people who wasn't allowed in the parade:
Bring your horse and buggy to bville right now and ride it all thru the town. See what the s.o.b. have to say.
not to mention u upgraded yourself by not being in their snooty pa-tootie political driven mess anyway.
agree

United States

#10 Sep 17, 2012
horrible parade..they need to choose a childrens type of theme or an adult theme or in between..but not politics and farm queen theme..and pass out real candy..not the cheap dollar store crap..you want votes but all you can toss is a tootsie roll.com on..
the GRINCH

United States

#11 Sep 17, 2012
Now the tootsie rolls are smashed all over the streets and sidewalks looking like little turds. And city workers get overtime for cleaning up the mess. Our tax dollars to good use citizens!
Omg

Ardsley, NY

#12 Sep 17, 2012
the GRINCH wrote:
To the people who wasn't allowed in the parade:
Bring your horse and buggy to bville right now and ride it all thru the town. See what the s.o.b. have to say.
not to mention u upgraded yourself by not being in their snooty pa-tootie political driven mess anyway.
Lmao!!! Haha I'll tell my husband that an the thing is he would do it! But it was just sad that you could do a 2 an 3 year old that way when it was for a good cause am my daughter was the one who has autism!!!
Omg

Ardsley, NY

#13 Sep 17, 2012
An the thing is they have candy all over the streets but are afraid of a little girl with autism an horse poop!! Really now come on!
miss princess

Clay, WV

#14 Sep 17, 2012
This parade is way over rated, whom ever is choosing the theme's need to take some advice from someone. This should be a fun, family themed event. It is not about the Candy, although as I posted early Grown adults that intend to go nuts over tootsie rolls being thrown need to stay home...like I also stated our view was blocked by some idiotic man whom appeared to have not bathed in sometime running to get candy for his kids. My Grandson is 20 months old and we wanted him to be able to experience the fun of a parade, didn't happen and some of the people throwing candy, threw it way to hard as I had to shield my grandson at one point to keep him from getting hit. Maybe B'ville should just stick to the carnival, but on the other hand I heard that alot of the carnival workers were rude, and not to mention the price of the wrist bands for this rinky dink event, probably better off just not having a fallfest.....!
boo

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Sep 17, 2012
The whole mess (parade, carnival, etc) is a God-forsaken disaster.
yep

United States

#16 Sep 17, 2012
Disaster? thats a little overboard..but it is pretty boring.
the GRINCH

United States

#17 Sep 18, 2012
boo wrote:
The whole mess (parade, carnival, etc) is a God-forsaken disaster.
Amen.
resident

Ardsley, NY

#18 Sep 19, 2012
Laughing my ass off at throwing pills off the float! Every crack head in town would be out for that! Next years theme.... Blood bath!! Hahahahaha
juggz

United States

#19 Sep 19, 2012
resident wrote:
Laughing my ass off at throwing pills off the float! Every crack head in town would be out for that! Next years theme.... Blood bath!! Hahahahaha
or what if your mom was naked the street..everyone would be running out of town hahahaha
anon

Bloomington, IN

#20 Sep 19, 2012
If you all don't like it, write to the appropriate people and be honest. Try to be tactful. Or better yet, organize a boycott and don't go. They can't have a parade if no one shows up. A parade is supposed to bring people together, not be some silly walking billboard for who kisses who's butt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr brittany pierce b... 4,244
Melissa Stocker 5 hr Chad Fan 6
Shooting at barboursbvilke park 5 hr Sorry you were ab... 13
I might (Jun '16) 21 hr Dez nutz 10
Two year anniversary 21 hr Urs 4 ever 14
Truth finder (Feb '17) 21 hr Were u busy 2 Day 9
mary carson (Nov '16) Sat done 145

Barboursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance