Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Fred

Summersville, WV

#24210 Aug 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
I simply asked the question since when does a president need congressional approval for a limited surgical strike? Was there a law passed that I don't know about?
That would be a good question for Obama and Biden. When they were campaigning, Obama said the president would need congressional approval unless the US was in imminent danger. Biden said a president should be impeached if he didn't get congressional approval. Of course, they were talking about Bush then. The rules changed when they got in there, as in no rules. Hypocrites.
Fred

Summersville, WV

#24211 Aug 30, 2013
Obama made the red line comment and now he thinks he has to throw a few missiles at somebody so everyone won't think he's the coward that he truly is. A few airstrikes would do more harm than good, but what would a community organizer know about foreign policy? He's going to lead from behind again. And get us in a world war because of his ignorance.

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#24212 Aug 30, 2013
First of all, I am totally opposed to a strike, but the notion of congressional approval encompasses a lot of gray area and there's a great deal of historical precedent where Presidents did not seek congressional approval for a limitied strike.

As long as the president notifies congress within 48 hours or a strike, he is acting within the language of the War Powers act.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/...

Fred wrote:
<quoted text>That would be a good question for Obama and Biden. When they were campaigning, Obama said the president would need congressional approval unless the US was in imminent danger. Biden said a president should be impeached if he didn't get congressional approval. Of course, they were talking about Bush then. The rules changed when they got in there, as in no rules. Hypocrites.
Melissa

Parkersburg, WV

#24213 Aug 30, 2013
He will have to hunt them down, they are on vacation AGAIN.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#24214 Aug 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
First of all, I am totally opposed to a strike, but the notion of congressional approval encompasses a lot of gray area and there's a great deal of historical precedent where Presidents did not seek congressional approval for a limitied strike.
As long as the president notifies congress within 48 hours or a strike, he is acting within the language of the War Powers act.
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/...
<quoted text>
I am sure those GOP assclowns been notified, being on vacation means squat in these situations, they wanna whine they can drop their vacation and get back in DC, theworld does not stop because they are on vacation .

I am against strikes or anything that would get us into a long campaign, these teabaggers are just rambling.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#24215 Aug 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>I simply asked the question since when does a president need congressional approval for a limited surgical strike? Was there a law passed that I don't know about?
No there is not. But Obama and Biden made it there doctrine when running for office.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#24216 Aug 30, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is not. But Obama and Biden made it there doctrine when running for office.
Maybe so, but that doesn't make it a violation of any law. Big difference there.

As for contradicting himself, presidents do that all the time. No need to hold this one to a higher standard.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#24217 Aug 30, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure those GOP assclowns been notified, being on vacation means squat in these situations, they wanna whine they can drop their vacation and get back in DC, theworld does not stop because they are on vacation .
I am against strikes or anything that would get us into a long campaign, these teabaggers are just rambling.
If you noticed, in the months leading up to this, many prominent republicans--including McCain and Graham were calling for our intervention into the situation:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...

Now that he is talking about it, they are singing a totally different tune.

As for the teabaggers cries, nobody cares. The only thing they've all proven is that they are bat-shyt crazy. They just flat out don't matter. The country has to move ahead in spite of them.

Location hidden

#24218 Aug 30, 2013
The GOP is milking this while on vacation, they dont want to be in DC and forced to vote and get put on record for approval (this is done privately and will say otherwise to the media) and instead keeping it private and hoping the mission fails so they can get their sheep to beat the impeachment drums (again, ho-hun).

Location hidden

#24219 Aug 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but that doesn't make it a violation of any law. Big difference there.
As for contradicting himself, presidents do that all the time. No need to hold this one to a higher standard.
I think these assclowns live in a white/black hat world where there is no gray area and no lengthy discussions why you have the reasons you have

The dry drunk did tell his sheep "You either with us or against us". That in a nutshell is the problem with the GOP, they think in a group,
wants no debates to prove they are offbase and blame others for what they do themselves or any shortcomings of theirs.
Darn Shame

Bridgeport, WV

#24220 Aug 30, 2013
it's a darn shame when people can't see beyond their party. you call yourselves American and yet you could care less what is really happening to your country. you only vote for someone or take up for them because of your party. be sure and tell us weepy what you think in about 10 years. why, we're all just dying to know. take your democratic worthless party and shove it!

Location hidden

#24221 Aug 30, 2013
Darn Shame wrote:
it's a darn shame when people can't see beyond their party. you call yourselves American and yet you could care less what is really happening to your country. you only vote for someone or take up for them because of your party. be sure and tell us weepy what you think in about 10 years. why, we're all just dying to know. take your democratic worthless party and shove it!
Look in the mirror and you will see a major offender of what you are whining about. Your party cannot think beyond headlines and claptrap.

Location hidden

#24222 Aug 30, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>If you noticed, in the months leading up to this, many prominent republicans--including McCain and Graham were calling for our intervention into the situation:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/...

Now that he is talking about it, they are singing a totally different tune.

As for the teabaggers cries, nobody cares. The only thing they've all proven is that they are bat-shyt crazy. They just flat out don't matter. The country has to move ahead in spite of them.
Boohoo. Sundog is crying tea baggers again. Come on Sundog, McCain is not a Teabagger and neither is Graham. McCain is still being a war hawk. McCain actually wants more done than Obama wants to do. McCain was an idiot when he ran for office and is even a bigger idiot now. The Teabaggers only want to cut, cut and cut even more. We can't do both. We can't cut and spend about 20 billion dollars to blast Syria at the same time. I am so sick of the no, no, no mentality of the far right and the spend, spend, spend of the far left. I just wish they could meet in the middle somewhere so we can get back to the semblance of normality in this country. All this fighting back and forth from both sides is just F'ing stupid. All of that hot air flying all over the place is destroying the O-zone more than all of the coal fired power plants and cars in the entire world. We are sitting out there off the coast of Syria broadcasting what our intentions are while Syria prepares for the assault. The best assault is the element of surprise. Either do it already or get the f out of there. Really people. I would call someone three weeks in advance and tell them I'm going to beat there ass, I would just go and do it.
Melissa

Parkersburg, WV

#24223 Aug 30, 2013
When Obama made those statements, he didn't realize what a bunch of asswipes the republicans were going to be. He's done everything in his power to be bipartisan, I'm glad he's thinking, screw them.
I'm not in favor of a strike but whatever he does will be the wrong thing according to the tea baggers.
Melissa

Parkersburg, WV

#24224 Aug 30, 2013
Show us a half intelligent republican and we'll lister. No need to get nasty, we're all friends here.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#24225 Aug 30, 2013
Well now this is odd. You start off by saying:

"it's a darn shame when people can't see beyond their party..."

And then you finish up by saying:

"take your democratic worthless party and shove it.."

I don't suppose you see even one iota of irony in those statements.

;)
Darn Shame wrote:

“what are you talking about you”

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#24226 Aug 30, 2013
libural stayts @ the bawtum cunservahtiv staytes @ the tawp & middul

http://www.bls.gov/web/laus/laumstrk.htm

howz that hope & chaynge werkun owt four yuns?!

bahahahahaha!

frig my lifes

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#24227 Aug 30, 2013
Weepy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think these assclowns live in a white/black hat world where there is no gray area and no lengthy discussions why you have the reasons you have
The dry drunk did tell his sheep "You either with us or against us". That in a nutshell is the problem with the GOP, they think in a group,
wants no debates to prove they are offbase and blame others for what they do themselves or any shortcomings of theirs.
You know, this whole argument is almost silly. You know as well as I do that if Obama says tomorrow that he won't attack Syria, republicans are going to be lining up in droves to call him a coward.

Back before the Libyan "thing," John McCain was on TV every day ranting about the president not taking action. The minute we did take action, he was on TV ranting about the fact that we took action.

I mean if it weren't such a pathetic statement on so many republicans in this country, it would be high comedy in the making.

Mark my words, if the president does nothing, republicans are going to be calling him a coward.

;)

Location hidden

#24228 Aug 30, 2013
I personally don't care either way what he does when it comes to Syria. I think there are huge pluses and negatives in both decisions. The pluses if done could stop the use of chemical weapons which will have benefits for that area and here if the weapons don't get into the hands of the extremist wing of the rebels. Our presence there right now has seemed to calm a lot of action down in Syria just by our presence. On the other hand if it stirs up even more tension between us and Iran it can cause retaliatory actions from Iran and Syria against Israel. Then we will be drawn in deeper than we want to be. With all of the cuts to our military I really don't know how that will work out. No that is my unbiased opinion on the subject. Now can we have some thoughtful discussion on the subject without getting into the weeds of politics. The politics in this discussion just proves what it is like in Washington and it serves absolutely no purpose and makes no sense whatsoever.

“Of Course I Can”

Location hidden

#24229 Aug 30, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
I personally don't care either way what he does when it comes to Syria. I think there are huge pluses and negatives in both decisions. The pluses if done could stop the use of chemical weapons which will have benefits for that area and here if the weapons don't get into the hands of the extremist wing of the rebels. Our presence there right now has seemed to calm a lot of action down in Syria just by our presence. On the other hand if it stirs up even more tension between us and Iran it can cause retaliatory actions from Iran and Syria against Israel. Then we will be drawn in deeper than we want to be. With all of the cuts to our military I really don't know how that will work out. No that is my unbiased opinion on the subject. Now can we have some thoughtful discussion on the subject without getting into the weeds of politics. The politics in this discussion just proves what it is like in Washington and it serves absolutely no purpose and makes no sense whatsoever.
The only problem is that we have had a presence there (in the middle east) and the threat still persists. So in actuality, we've done nothing to stop the threat and our invasions may have actually caused the spread of these weapons to other countries.

My own beliefs are that the only "line in the sand" we have to draw is that if they use them on us, our troops, or on our ally Israel, then we have to do something. All these internal and regional conficts have little or no bearing on us and we should just stay out of them. We don't have to get involved in every conflict around the world. We have far too many issues here at home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth finder (Feb '17) 4 hr Meow 10
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 5 hr Big dong daddy 4,245
Melissa Stocker 12 hr Chad Fan 6
Shooting at barboursbvilke park 12 hr Sorry you were ab... 13
I might (Jun '16) Sat Dez nutz 10
Two year anniversary Sat Urs 4 ever 14
mary carson (Nov '16) Sat done 145

Barboursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance