just wondering

Fort Gay, WV

#1 Sep 27, 2011
What can you tell me about Dr Jimmy Adams in Barboursville
fyi

Huntington, WV

#2 Sep 28, 2011
As a former patient I speak from personal experience when I say that this doctor can not be trusted. When you are there he acts like he has your best interest at heart, but then he will talk about you to other patients. I know, because he talked to me about other patients. This is one of the reasons why I no longer see him. I am pretty sure that this violates the privacy laws. I have heard him berate his staff in front of patients which is very disrespectful. I have never posted on here before, but when I saw this topic I felt like I had to. If you are a patient of his or are thinking about seeing him, I would ask you to please reconsider or you may be talked about as well.
even worse

Huntington, WV

#3 Oct 4, 2011
He is even worse than fyi says. I know first hand from when my wife went to him. He only cares about the almighty dollar. He will do a bunch of expensive tests and procedures, get you hooked on pain drugs, then require you to have very expensive drug tests to stay on the pain drugs he got you hooked on in the first place. He gets free trips and such from the drug test company - they even provide him a full time nurse. If you refuse to pay for thousands of dollars in drug testing, he then drops you as a patient and leaves you to withdraw from the drugs on your own. He is very belittling and mean to his staff and patients.
amen

Huntington, WV

#4 Oct 4, 2011
even worse is exactly right

adams is as corrupt as they get. first dawson, then fisher, next adams
wondering

Hurricane, WV

#5 Oct 31, 2011
my grandmother saw fisher for 7 years, one of the few who truly needed pain meds for the right reasons. she never asked to be moved to something stronger or for more pills per month. since he was shut down we are looking for a good doctor to take her to.. we were looking into adams, but thats definitely not going to happen after reading this forum. do any of you know of a good pain doctor that treats their patients right? she is very tender hearted, so we don't want to take her to someone that is going to be mean or disrespectful to her.
FARQUAD

United States

#6 Oct 31, 2011
even worse wrote:
He is even worse than fyi says. I know first hand from when my wife went to him. He only cares about the almighty dollar. He will do a bunch of expensive tests and procedures, get you hooked on pain drugs, then require you to have very expensive drug tests to stay on the pain drugs he got you hooked on in the first place. He gets free trips and such from the drug test company - they even provide him a full time nurse. If you refuse to pay for thousands of dollars in drug testing, he then drops you as a patient and leaves you to withdraw from the drugs on your own. He is very belittling and mean to his staff and patients.
Agreed....he was my doc. Never even knew what a freaking 'narcotic' was, untill my 1st visit he gave me 120 Percocets 5's a month. After 6 months, I grew enough balls to tell him I thought I was addicted. And he said "That's normal. Just your body getting use to them. You are 'dependent' NOT addicted.."
Then upper me to 120 percocet 10's, added on an odd amount of Ultrams, I think 280 a month, plus 120 Lortab 2.5's a month.

ADDICTED now....

Didn't he get fired?
lol

Chapmanville, WV

#7 Oct 31, 2011
Ummm DUH. . . druggie. Your own fault
youre effn stupid

Hurricane, WV

#8 Nov 1, 2011
lol wrote:
Ummm DUH... druggie. Your own fault
you're fcuking stupid.. this person clearly stated they didn't even know what a narcotic was until they went to this doctor! they obviously had legit pain or they wouldn't have been prescribed to these drugs. most people genuinely trust their doctor and think they have their best interest in mind so they take their medications as prescribed.. doesn't mean they abuse them! normally people become addicted by ABUSING them. yes, people grow a tolerance to medications after being on them for some time.. when going without they experience withdrawal symptoms.. therefore they are dependent on these medications.. or in other terms "addicted". doesn't mean they are a DRUG ADDICT, OR in your terms a "DRUGGIE". through no fault of their own (actually by the fault of their physician) they became "addicted" to these drugs. before you go JUDGING people for being dependent on medications maybe you should look at the bigger picture, idiot!
wtf

Charleston, WV

#9 Nov 1, 2011
THAT "dirtquad" A$$ W!pE took it upon himself to bash ME in another post.what goes around comes back around. THAT is why I responded just sayin.. i dont care about the dr. situation, etc and i am not an idiot. i am sick of jerks talkin crap to me. this jerk i recognized that is all. seeya
Uh?

New York, NY

#10 Nov 2, 2011
wtf wrote:
THAT "dirtquad" A$$ W!pE took it upon himself to bash ME in another post.what goes around comes back around. THAT is why I responded just sayin.. i dont care about the dr. situation, etc and i am not an idiot. i am sick of jerks talkin crap to me. this jerk i recognized that is all. seeya
Hmm Farquad doesn't remember bashing anyone. I'm sorry if I did however....only 'bad' thing remember saying was on Bville board...
living free

Huntington, WV

#11 Nov 8, 2011
amen wrote:
even worse is exactly right
adams is as corrupt as they get. first dawson, then fisher, next adams
Can't happen soon enough. These people are the modern-day drug pushers in our communities, but they make much more money than a crack slinger on the corner. If the DEA would just get serious about it we could all sleep better at night without having to arm ourselves against the marauding addicts these so-called "doctors" have created. Our whole area is suffering while these pushers just get richer and richer from everyone's misery.
DEA take note

Huntington, WV

#12 Nov 21, 2011
living free wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't happen soon enough. These people are the modern-day drug pushers in our communities, but they make much more money than a crack slinger on the corner. If the DEA would just get serious about it we could all sleep better at night without having to arm ourselves against the marauding addicts these so-called "doctors" have created. Our whole area is suffering while these pushers just get richer and richer from everyone's misery.
Agreed!!!!! These folks should never be allowed to be called doctors! I hope the DEA is taking note of what is happening around here!
DonnaWithFibro

Chapmanville, WV

#13 Dec 3, 2014
Dr.Adams is awesome! He monitors your meds to make sure you are taking what you are suppose to and not abusing other drugs. When Fibromyalgia had me as low as I could get, he was able to get me on a medication regimen I could live with. He has worked with my financial situation. As long as you are honest with him, he will take care of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any bad experience with guardian ad litem? 35 min Michelle 1
Mayor Turman 56 min Htown 2
rebecca workman aka becca works at ihop 16 hr amy 1
Wondering Where Petco is located? Wed wanting2know 3
Sick and Tired Wed Karmaiscommingforya 1
brian holley Wed a family member 14
Macy's girl Wed Dixie normus 15
Barboursville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web