First Prev
of 2
Next Last
new coach

Little Neck, NY

#1 Dec 23, 2010
who are key players to look at for upcoming 2011 season ? Would be much apreciated
goknights

Prosperity, WV

#2 Dec 23, 2010
So who is the new coach?
new coach

Bronx, NY

#3 Dec 23, 2010
Idk, I would just like to know who the better players are to focus on them when I come watch the games
fan

Huntington, WV

#4 Dec 29, 2010
so any idea who the new coach is?
On the board

Charleston, WV

#5 Dec 29, 2010
We r thinking Herman Beckett
awesome

United States

#6 Dec 29, 2010
if it's herman that would be so cool. he works amazing with all his athletes!!
haha

Huntington, WV

#7 Dec 29, 2010
I will bet you my life it is not Herman Becket lol. It will be one of these men. Luke Salmons, Curry Haggerdy, Richard Williams, PJ Noble or Tom Harmon. I don't think Harmon bid on it though. Willie Wilson would be the best candidate but I don't think he bid either.
Trouble

Bob White, WV

#8 Dec 30, 2010
If it is on of the old assistants then the team is in trouble more so then when Mac was the coach because they will do the same as he did but at least he had some experience to help with his decisions I don't c it being Willams but u never know
Just a fan

United States

#9 Dec 30, 2010
so who are the key players going to be
Tadaa

Richwood, WV

#10 Jan 1, 2011
PJ Noble would be a good choice. Salmons would also if he can get the set-up he has at LC in place there. Harmon won't leave Wayne. Williams would be more of the same as what they've had. A lot of Winfield would love to see Wilson go back. Haggerdy- no idea...
FirstHand

Huntington, WV

#11 Jan 2, 2011
I'm with HAHA, Herman Beckett is off the list if I'm hiring. Harmon, Williams and Wilson would be my top 3.

and Tadaa if people from Winfield want Willie Wilson out of town, then they are ignorant. Willie Wilson is one of the best passing minds in WV football. Him and Richard Williams on the same staff is unstoppable ie 2001 Cabell Midland.

I've played for everyone HAHA listed except Luke Salmons and I know Luke, hes a great guy and smart coach as well.

Noone should sell Richard Williams short, you cannot overstress the importance of motivation and there is no better motivator than Williams. PJ is also a very emotional type person who the kids love as well.
?

Huntington, WV

#12 Jan 2, 2011
Richard Williams is a terrible coach. He was good like 7 years ago. His defensive schemes are way too complicated for high school football. Look at how damn awful Midlands defense had been the past 2 years.

Williams is a very very nice man, but as a head coach hell no!
Nooo

Huntington, WV

#13 Jan 2, 2011
Williams is the best defensive coach in the state. HHS had a great D with Williams, during his first stint at CMHS, the Knights had the best defense in the state. As far as being complicated, Williams perfers a 4-3 with gap responsibilities. That is the easiest defense to run in football. Each lineman has one single gap they are responsible to control at the snap of the ball. Each linebacker picks from 1 of 2 gaps depending on play flow. Williams runs the most simple defense, there is no read or reaction from any of the linemen, and the only read for LBs is right or left. Midland just hasn't had the talent the past two years. The freshmen will develop into a great squad with a good coach and if they can get a couple more linemen to go upfront with Ballangee. CMHS will be really really good in 2 or 3 years.
Player

United States

#14 Jan 2, 2011
this is the last year midland has a chance at doing anything younger kids are terrible and as for coach Williams there were plenty of reads you had to look for and more than one gap for each lineman and the linebackers had like three or 4 different things to look for douchebag and the juniors are the only talent on the field this year except sansom
NoDouchebag

Huntington, WV

#15 Jan 2, 2011
You're slow, the best talent in the school is freshman, they will graduate as the fastest football team Midland's seen. Tyler Hayes is as big as most upperclassmen and very strong and fast with long strides, he plays both offense and defense at a top level. Hayes can run it, throw it and catch it on offense. He's strong between the tackles and is gone in the open field. On defense, hes a punishing tackler whos in our around every tackle. Kasey Thomas is lighting fast who like Hayes can play multiple positions on either side of the ball. Thomas being a great leader thrives at QB but is most explosive utilized as a RB or WR. Thomas is great on defense as well, his speed and football knowledge allow him to be used as either a cover corner or ball hawk safety. Ballangee is a monster of a kid who is very athletic and fast for his size. He's a smart physical player on both sides of the ball. Chapman is a very good talent as well. His long arms allow him to play very strong on both sides of the ball. Chapman is a great blocker out of the backfield and isn't scared to run between the tackles. Chapman is also a mean defender who speed allows him to play sideline to sideline from the LB position. The Kinker kid could end up being QB, TE, or WR by his JR or SR season. And Perry is a good athlete whos speed could be used in the secondary by his JR or SR season. That is a very fast squad. Once that class gets a little older and hit the weight room and the coaches find a couple more solid lineman to go with Ballangee, they will be great.
your stupid

Brea, CA

#16 Jan 3, 2011
Jacob Reynolds fastest arguably fastest football player in wvu can catch hit run
Ryan Reidel led state in tackles by 50
Lowell Farley benches 360 runs a 4.52
Stephen hamer runs a 4.64
Michael Bock benches 455 run a 4.9
Shannon Skaggs benches 345 runs a 4.9 linebacker
Cole shull runs a 4.6 benches 255

And you have Tyler Hayes wow great freshman class and there are plenty of other great juniors such as Jason Brooks Andy Thomas Cody Carter Cody chapman this is the deffinatley the fastest team midland will ever have
CMHS Football Unite

Huntington, WV

#17 Jan 3, 2011
It sounds like CMHS Football will have an outstanding program if ALL the classes stand united and together. There is great talent at all class levels so stop pitting freshmen players against Junior & Senior players. It doesn't really matter who hits the hardest, bench presses the most or runs the fastest.....it is what the team does together,if the team does not have a good leader then none of this matters. All of the above boys have talent, and the united drive, along with teamwork, and a GOOD Coach can get Midland to a Championship. CMHS football needs a coach to REALIZE TEAMWORK and MOTIVATION WINS GAMES. It takes a TEAM, not just a couple of key players, bench pressing in the weightroom. Here again, we see CMHS parents pitting the class levels against each other, instead of grouping together, and forming a UNITED LINE of DEFENSE against other programs. People need to remember CHANGE IS GOOD, SO LET CHANGE HAPPEN IN THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM. Give all these kids the BEST advantage to make it to a Championship, and over haul the entire program.....mix the old coaching staff with some new, mix the freshmen kids with the upperclassmen, but in the end stand UNITED. In the end, CMHS should be a power-house in football, and dominate the state, with all the above mentioned players. Bring Change into CMHS, quit resisting it, and fighting it. It shouldn't matter if your like a coach, or if you are friends with the coach. Politics in football never wins games, only frustrates coaching decisions because the coach feels like "Little Johnny" his neighbor should play.....grow some MAN "Balls" and let CMHS Football be lead by a new coach, in the hopes of leading CMHS to a winning program. The OLD program is not working, so stand united, and WELCOME CHANGE!
MiltonOnTheMud

Prosperity, WV

#18 Jan 3, 2011
It's not about how much talent you have on the field. It's about how you utilize that talent.

I think we'd all agree that Midland has more athletic ability and pure talent than Wayne. However, I'd also bet that 90% of us know that 5 out of 6 years, the Pioneers would take Midland to the wood shed. Coaching plays a bigger part in highschool athletics than any other level.
Grow Up

Brea, CA

#19 Jan 3, 2011
I bet every person who posted on this is some parent who can't see past high school for their kid.
your stupid

Flushing, NY

#20 Jan 3, 2011
MiltonOnTheMud wrote:
It's not about how much talent you have on the field. It's about how you utilize that talent.

I think we'd all agree that Midland has more athletic ability and pure talent than Wayne. However, I'd also bet that 90% of us know that 5 out of 6 years, the Pioneers would take Midland to the wood shed. Coaching plays a bigger part in highschool athletics than any other level.
I'm pretty sure we kicked waynes ass in scrimmage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sun Salon 7 hr Heat Miser 2
Vickie Bumgardner Smith 7 hr Truth teller from... 2
Esquire Country Club 7 hr robogolfer 20
Southern xposure (Oct '09) 9 hr Ripper 124
Old karma salon 9 hr local 2
Tim Sansom 17 hr high roller 1
CMHS girls basketball (Feb '14) Sat Georgia 43
Barboursville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barboursville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barboursville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barboursville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:49 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:49PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?
NFL 8:22 PM
Steelers secure playoff berth behind resurgence of D
NBC Sports 8:51 PM
Steelers, Packers, Cowboys, Seahawks win, move into playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:02 PM
Your Top Plays for Today - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:34 PM
Steelers grab playoff spot, showdown up next - NBC Sports