All-Time Barboursville High Football ...
BvilleHSalum

Ardsley, NY

#41 Jun 15, 2012
I'll also call bullshit. I just googled "atlanta touchdown club award 1988 eric pertee" and all I get is this thread. It's the first I've heard of him winning a national award. The last I heard of him he quit on the qu'eers. He was a good player though, no doubt.

“Im not who you think I am”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42 Jun 15, 2012
1st wife wrote:
<quoted text>hey mary say that to my face or erics. could you stalker kevins 1st wife? this is a post about a bobby dodd athlete awared to 1 high school football player at the ATL football club once a year. one person in this state to ever get this honor/award. so no mary no bullshit he is a natural athlete and i dont guess he could be that slow to be #1 running back in county. How many people where recruited by a senior from california named TROY AIKMAN? What about eric being lazy, diva, no, no nothing but raw talent sorry but true.
th Bobby Dodd Award is for COACHES, NOT PLAYERS ! Dabo Sweeney, head coach at Clemson University was the 2011 award winner !

“Im not who you think I am”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43 Jun 15, 2012
CMHS parent wrote:
<quoted text>th Bobby Dodd Award is for COACHES, NOT PLAYERS ! Dabo Sweeney, head coach at Clemson University was the 2011 award winner !
the 1988 Bobby Dodd Award winner was Don Nehlen, head coach at the University of Southern Pennsylvania at Morgantown !
BvilleHSalum

Ardsley, NY

#44 Jun 15, 2012
CMHS parent wrote:
<quoted text>
the 1988 Bobby Dodd Award winner was Don Nehlen, head coach at the University of Southern Pennsylvania at Morgantown !
I believe you've hit on something here! Pertee bragged to his bimbo back in '88 the dude recruiting him won this award. She was too dumb to understand he was referring to someone else, lol.
Just Saying

Nellis, WV

#45 Jun 17, 2012
eric pertees 1st wife wrote:
<quoted text> to say ERIC PERTEE ONLY HAD SIZE TELLS ME HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT ANY SPORTS. NOT ONLY DID ERIC HAVE MORE TALENT BUT TO SAY HE JUST SIZE FURTHER LETS ME KNOW THAT YOU NEVER SAW HIM PLAY FOOTBALL OR RUN IN A TOUCHDOWN.. YES HE HAD SIZE , THE SIZE OF A OFFENSIVE LINEMAN BUT HE HAD THE SPEED OF A RUNNING BACK. THAT IS WHY A WVU THEY PUT HIM ON DEFENSE AND HE HATED IT. YOU SEE DO YOU CALL A PERSON WITH A IQ OF OVER 120 A QUITTER OR DO YOU HAVE TO EITHER GIVE THEM SOME TYPE OF STUDY THAT CHALLANGES THEM OR INTERESTS THEM. ERIC IS A HIGHLY GIFTED ATHLETE WITH A IQ IN SPORTS OVER 126. SO WHEN ERIC WAS COACHED BY MEN WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE TO TEACH A GIFTED ATHLETE WHAT DO YOU EXPECT SOMEONE WHO CAN READ BOOKS AND SPELL TO YOU MAKE THAT STUDENT LEARN THE ALPHABET AT THE SAME PACE AS NORMAL STUDENTS ARE STRUGGLING WITH SOUNDS AND LETTERS . NO THERE IS GIFTED PROGRAMS FOR SMART PEOPLE BUT NO GIFTED PROGRAM FOR ATHLETES SO TO CALL ERIC PERTEE JUST A GUY WITH SIZE AND A QUITTER FURTHER TELLS ME THAT YOU ARE UNAWARE OF THE ATLANTA TOUCHDOWN CLUB WHO GIVES OUT A NATIONAL AWARD EVERY YEAR TO THE TOP HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYER. AND IN THE FALL OF 1988 ERIC PERTEE WHO YOU SAID ONLY HAD SIZE AND WAS A QUITTER WON THAT NATIONAL AWARD. NO ONE IN THE STATE OF WV OR THE TRISTATE HAS EVER WON THIS AWARD PRIOR TO THE FALL OF 1988 AND TO PRESENT DAY STILL NO ONE IN THIS STATE HAS WON. THE BOBBY DODD AWARD IS SIMILAR TO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL AS THE HEISMAN IS TO COLLEGE FOOTBALL. SO THE ONLY CHOICE IS ERIC PERTEE AND TO WHO EVER CALLED HIM A QUITTER AND stated ERIC JUST HAS SIZE. BIG MISTAKE. CONGRADTS ERIC YOU NOT ONLY DESERVED TO MENTIONED YOU DESERVE THE HONOR. GENA
Fast, Eric Pertee... the only time he was fast was when he was racing his car. I played with him for several years. He could hit ok, but had size. Speed? Really? The only speed Barboursville ever really had was Mike Bryant, Pat Moore, Christian Caldwell, Gary Coovert, and Brian Dillon (RIP). Except for Christian (because I can't remember that far back) All of those guys ran a 4.4 or less. Unfortunately, the Coach "wing" T offense had no use for speed, hence Eric made a decent fullback at B'ville. Rumor was that Coach "wing" T added 10 grass drills at the next practice for every run over 4 yards.
Just Saying

Nellis, WV

#46 Jun 17, 2012
Oh and being a quitter. Well if WVU didn't have practice at 4:20, Im sure he would have done fine there. Seems funny that he spent his boot camp in the 13th division at U.S. Navy RTC Great Lakes because I heard he signed the papers for the Navy at 4:20. So was it a OTH, BCD, or a DH discharge. I like the guy, don't get me wrong, but truths are truths
Bob

Danese, WV

#47 Jun 17, 2012
Want a little speed? Try Phil Neff. I believe he held the state record for the 100 and a decent wingback in the backfield with Mike Smith and Larry Coyer.
cee lo

Hurricane, WV

#48 Jun 17, 2012
kevin bruce an jason starkey
Moe Joe

Huntington, WV

#49 Sep 7, 2012
Littman , Burger , Jeffery, Finley ,Birch, Edwards ,Washington all studs on the field in there day

Since: Oct 11

Barboursville

#50 Sep 7, 2012
1st wife wrote:
<quoted text>hey mary say that to my face or erics. could you stalker kevins 1st wife? this is a post about a bobby dodd athlete awared to 1 high school football player at the ATL football club once a year. one person in this state to ever get this honor/award. so no mary no bullshit he is a natural athlete and i dont guess he could be that slow to be #1 running back in county. How many people where recruited by a senior from california named TROY AIKMAN? What about eric being lazy, diva, no, no nothing but raw talent sorry but true.
You're living in fantasy land lady! Number one running back my a$$. Number one Prima Dona more like it. He got hit by some big boys at WVU and came running home. And I hate WVU!
hmmm

Ona, WV

#51 Sep 8, 2012
P.d gibson
classmate

Mount Hope, WV

#52 Sep 10, 2012
Moe Joe wrote:
Littman , Burger , Jeffery, Finley ,Birch, Edwards ,Washington all studs on the field in there day
which Finley?
Which Birch?
This is Your Brain On

Huntington, WV

#53 Sep 11, 2012
Moe Joe wrote:
Really... Finley, Washington, and Birch? I think someone spent a little too much time at the Pirate's Corner
haha

Farmington, MI

#54 Sep 17, 2012
Ernie Sparks and best wrestler also

Since: Oct 11

Barboursville

#55 Sep 17, 2012
This is Your Brain On wrote:
<quoted text>Really... Finley, Washington, and Birch? I think someone spent a little too much time at the Pirate's Corner
Well said!
Bhsgrad

Lizemores, WV

#56 Sep 22, 2012
Ernie Sparks???? Maybe the worst!!!
jimbowen

United States

#57 Oct 9, 2012
Dont forget know 1 gives a shit about the Barboursville greats.Who really cares.Oh remember danny richardson and the taylor twins in class of 49?
Alum

Nitro, WV

#58 Oct 28, 2012
'91 team was full of hitters and fun kids to watch, Jeffries Edwards Racer Stewart, how they didn't win the state is beyond me.
All the Holtons and Terry Smith, Tim Beach and Tim Dempsey
Hass and Littman started as juniors for the '91 team I believe, they were big hitters.
:)

Ardsley, NY

#59 Oct 28, 2012
JOHN BURGER
Lol

Elizabeth, WV

#60 Oct 28, 2012
[QUOTE who=":) "]JOHN BURGER [/QUOTE]
Nice one, John

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
michael lewis leffingwell in jail again (Nov '12) 1 hr TN Maggs 43
miss you 3 hr r m g 1
Chris Taylor 8 hr 65326hdg 1
Horney housewives b ville 13 hr Burl in town 1
barboursville walmart (Feb '12) 17 hr Bag lady 49
Kip and Teresa (Newman) Butler 19 hr Know them well 3
BMS football 19 hr for bville football? 2

Barboursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance