SWEET Confection's cakes are ugly and...

SWEET Confection's cakes are ugly and disgusting!

Posted in the Barboursville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cake Nazi

United States

#1 Aug 16, 2012
Their cakes looks like a 5 year old decorated them. They lean, are smudged, have bad handwriting, and overall lack of design. Their cupcakes taste like a hot mess. Dry, Crumbly, Plastic tasting frosting. It's disgusting. Save your money and go elsewhere!! So Gross!
Agree

Milton, WV

#2 Aug 16, 2012
My co-worker and I were just looking at their website yesterday.. one hot mess... I agree about the quality of their cake as well. Sadly, Walmart is so much better...
WooHoo

Liberty, WV

#3 Aug 16, 2012
It is sad. They have a nice little bakery going. But the quality of their products are horrible.. It sucks!
Sue

West Hamlin, WV

#4 Aug 16, 2012
Where us this bakery at
Yep
#5 Aug 16, 2012
I was considering them for my wedding cake and I looked at their facebook pics. Dang!! Some of the pics they posted, I don't know why they would put them on there. The quality is terrible!!! I don't know how they taste but they look really bad! Who does a good job for wedding cakes in Huntington?
been there
#6 Aug 17, 2012
I have gone several times for the last two years. I have never had one thing that tasted bad or not been great quality. Tina always strives to give the best service and product. The only complaints I have heard from are from her competitors. She made 5 cakes for my wedding and more birthday cakes, cupcakes and other things for me, ALL of which have been excellent. Just like I have always heard, WHEN THEY TRASH TALK YOU, THEY ARE SCARED OF YOU!!!
facxs

Lerona, WV

#7 Aug 17, 2012
have to agree with icing they use fondant its pretty but you cant eat it. the cake is very good.
Haha

Statts Mills, WV

#8 Aug 17, 2012
The fact that you automatically think that anyone that complains is a competitor shows that you are in fact a part of Tina's business. The cakes look like shit. I've seen good decorated cakes and hers are not it. People who think her cakes look good are people who have not been exposed to quality cakes. Her cakes taste horrible and the icing is disgusting. I am not a competitor. I am simply a cake enthusiast that lost her enthusiasm when I bought a cake from her store.
1 post removed
sweets

Bluefield, WV

#10 Aug 18, 2012
I to viewed their website, cakes were not professional looking, very sloppy decorating, not trying to bash their business, but I personally would not purchase a cake from there, did have some of their red velvet cupcakes.....not very good, as a matter of fact they got thrown out because of taste, maybe someone needs to go back to pastry school !
6 yr old with playdoh

United States

#11 Aug 18, 2012
Ok so I just visited the fb page to check out the pics I thought u all might be over reacting. I apologize. My 6 yr old and I have created better figures out of play-doh. The spongebob cake! Roflmao! What a mess. And the monkey head cake what a disaster! Ohohoh and the gun cake! That was pitiful looked like a 4 year old wrote on it. Its cracking me up the piping is even lopsided and sloppy. I haven't checked out the wedding cakes yet bet they are a real hot mess. I would be ashamed to sell something like that let alone taje a pic of it and claim it. That spongebob cake takes the prize can't stop lol at it but I would have been seriously upset if it were mine. Did u see that terrible woody and bullseye? Lmao. these cakes are probably outrageously priced too. Never been there. And true walmart is better.
lesson learned

Saint Albans, WV

#12 Aug 19, 2012
I saw this post before ordering my sons birthday cake but decided to give this place a try anyway, MISTAKE!!!!! He loves the beach so they said they could do a beach scene with a shark on top. Well I got the cake the shark looked more like a blob with eyes and they dumped a pile of brown sugar on half of the cake to make it look like sand, the writing was horrible. I will never order a cake from there again!
hdf th f SF

Denton, TX

#13 Sep 3, 2012
U r sad and pathetic 2 even make this thread
Disagree

Huntington, WV

#14 Sep 7, 2012
They did my wedding cake & everything was wonderful. Great service & affordable. Tina is excellent!
Jno

Huntington, WV

#15 Sep 7, 2012
my baby girl loved hers she ate it all gone in three bites. I feed her all the time so i can play on the computer. Do you think she will get fat? Her father and i both are skinny pp and couldn't put on wt if we tried
dissapointed

United States

#16 Sep 8, 2012
my mom got me a cake from there for my birthday, it was supposed to be cheetah print with fondant tiger lillys on it, instead I got a pale pinkish tan fondant icing with black food coloring splotches and those ugly tiny lilly looking things from Krogers flower department shoved in the middle of my cake and in the corners. my mom was pissed and I was very dissapointed.
wow!!!

Lerona, WV

#17 Sep 9, 2012
dissapointed wrote:
my mom got me a cake from there for my birthday, it was supposed to be cheetah print with fondant tiger lillys on it, instead I got a pale pinkish tan fondant icing with black food coloring splotches and those ugly tiny lilly looking things from Krogers flower department shoved in the middle of my cake and in the corners. my mom was pissed and I was very dissapointed.
I just looked at your cake and all I can say is WOWWW!!! I make cakes as well, and there is no way I would send out anything looking like those. Not professional at all.
disappointed

Glasgow, WV

#18 Sep 14, 2012
Cake Nazi wrote:
Their cakes looks like a 5 year old decorated them. They lean, are smudged, have bad handwriting, and overall lack of design. Their cupcakes taste like a hot mess. Dry, Crumbly, Plastic tasting frosting. It's disgusting. Save your money and go elsewhere!! So Gross!
I agree with the cakes looking aweful. Poor quality !! Also they aren't forth coming with how much the cake costs till you go to pick it up then theres an extra charge !!
wow!!!

Oakvale, WV

#19 Sep 15, 2012
disappointed wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with the cakes looking aweful. Poor quality !! Also they aren't forth coming with how much the cake costs till you go to pick it up then theres an extra charge !!
That's horrible! I make sure my customer's know exactly how much their cake will be and if they aren't satisfied, then I fix it.
LOL

Huntington, WV

#20 Sep 15, 2012
i think it's funny that this is even up here. Anyone with a brain can tell it's the same person posting most of the negative comments....they have the same punctuation characteristics, same phrases used, same (horrible) grammar.....wow. I have personally been in their bakery, and it's great. Everything I've tried from there has been delicious. They are great people and are nice to my little girl. There isn't anything wrong with their cakes. You know what? If you think their cakes are decorated ugly, and their products taste like crap, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! Or better yet, get off your butt and make your own, since you're apparently an expert on cake decorating and baking.
you bet

Charleston, WV

#21 Sep 17, 2012
LOL wrote:
i think it's funny that this is even up here. Anyone with a brain can tell it's the same person posting most of the negative comments....they have the same punctuation characteristics, same phrases used, same (horrible) grammar.....wow. I have personally been in their bakery, and it's great. Everything I've tried from there has been delicious. They are great people and are nice to my little girl. There isn't anything wrong with their cakes. You know what? If you think their cakes are decorated ugly, and their products taste like crap, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE! Or better yet, get off your butt and make your own, since you're apparently an expert on cake decorating and baking.
Thank you for saying that!! I have been a faithful customer for over two years. I have sent several friends and clients there. All of us love the products and service. I also agree, if you think you can get better elsewhere, go for it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Shell Center-Chronicles. Home Wrecking E... 2 hr RuBaDubDub 1
bam 3 hr Truth 2
Secretly Bisexual Men (Mar '17) 7 hr Big Mike 20
Luke Sammons gone to Kentucky Mon Commodore 4
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Mon Meme 4,410
Georges dry cleaners Mon Truth 4
Tyler blankenship Feb 17 just right 16

Barboursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance