First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gross

New York, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2012
Heard he owns gay bars & is an elementary principal????

Barboursville, WV

#2 Dec 29, 2012
Gross wrote:
Heard he owns gay bars & is an elementary principal????
He is a fantastic principle!! He is great! Great guy and just really nice!
Eww

Charleston, WV

#3 Dec 29, 2012
123 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a fantastic principle!! He is great! Great guy and just really nice!
bet he likes kids

Barboursville, WV

#4 Dec 29, 2012
I didn't realize being gay meant you liked kids? New to me
Father of two

Charleston, WV

#5 Dec 29, 2012
He is somewhat touchy with my children...

Barboursville, WV

#6 Dec 30, 2012
He has never done anything out of the way with ours.
Really?!

Barboursville, WV

#7 Jan 1, 2013
Father of two wrote:
He is somewhat touchy with my children...
If he was somewhat "touchy" with your children, why didn't you report it? Sounds like bullshit to me...
1 post removed
Stupidppl

Morristown, NJ

#9 Jan 20, 2013
What immature comments. I have 2 children that attend Martha and they love Mr Mynes. I'm not concerned with what he does outside of school time or who he does it with. He is wonderful to the children and an all around nice guy... That's all that matters to me.
soldier

Branchland, WV

#10 Mar 27, 2013
Mr.Mynes is as QUEER as they come and is so full of shit he stinks.They should not have him their around those children and it seems that martha elem is always getting the queers as principle and if you agree with his gay life style then let one of your kids stay at his house overnite.Ol SATAN is getting in the schools and you idiots are to blind to see it.Everything about gays are of the devil and thats that unless you know something that your creator doesnt or maybe yet you know more than he does.World is in trouble because of people like you!
Really

Alexandria, VA

#11 Mar 27, 2013
soldier wrote:
Mr.Mynes is as QUEER as they come and is so full of shit he stinks.They should not have him their around those children and it seems that martha elem is always getting the queers as principle and if you agree with his gay life style then let one of your kids stay at his house overnite.Ol SATAN is getting in the schools and you idiots are to blind to see it.Everything about gays are of the devil and thats that unless you know something that your creator doesnt or maybe yet you know more than he does.World is in trouble because of people like you!
Maybe you should go back to school and have them teach you about grammar, proper punctuation, use of capitalization and spelling. Please learn the difference in "their, there and they're". Principle should be principal. It's just the principle of the matter that you'd learn how to use and spell principal. Should I continue grading your homework or are you dumb...err done.
1 post removed
He is a complete dictator

Branchland, WV

#13 Mar 30, 2013
I find it very ironic the things he does not allow our children to do because "its just not allowed" for instance our children at Martha were not allowed to have Easter parties however both Davis creek and Nichols elementary were. It is becoming a little ridiculous!!
Blackbeard

Hurricane, WV

#14 Mar 31, 2013
Boys is definitely a weird dude. He manages the school in a rather "different" way. I know that when my child attended there, she was bullied by several other individuals and he called her into the office and interrogated her. It scared her to death! I nor my wife were informed of this. Needles to say, I had issues with it. My child, out of fear of retaliation asked that I let it go. I told her that if something like that occurred again, she was to inform him to call me before she said anything to him.

I have always wondered if the rumors that he was co-owner of one of the gay clubs downtown were true. Not that it matters, he has the right to his own lifestyle, but I think it is intriguing.
Fact Tracker

Huntington, WV

#15 Apr 14, 2013
He is a complete dictator wrote:
I find it very ironic the things he does not allow our children to do because "its just not allowed" for instance our children at Martha were not allowed to have Easter parties however both Davis creek and Nichols elementary were. It is becoming a little ridiculous!!

Check your facts--the whole school had an egg hunt--such lies!
dear mr mynes rescue

Branchland, WV

#16 Apr 15, 2013
Fact Tracker wrote:
<quoted text>.

No I am sorry to inform you that you are not correct in your information! Both kindergarten classes as well as many other classes did not get to participate in a egg hunt because of mr mynes last minute dictating. If you would like to come to his rescue please come correct!
no

Charleston, WV

#17 Apr 15, 2013
Fact Tracker wrote:
<quoted text>.

no they did not!...i know the facts my kid goes there and they were told they couldn't!
just saying

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Apr 15, 2013
The fact that the man is gay shouldn't have anything to do with how you judge him. All these so called Christian are the most judgmental people I've ever met. They realize they are breeding HATE out of RELIGION? How stupid can people get? A scientist reads thousands of books and still wants to know more, while a religious man reads one and thinks he knows it all. I've always loved that saying. Letting Satan into the schools? Give me a break. You should judge a person on how they treat other people, and their attitude. Not anything else. But half these "Christians" think that just because they show up to church on Sunday they've got an automatic ticket into heavens gates and they rest of us are scum of the earth. Doesn't work like that. So stop judging a man because of his sexual preference just because you fancy yourself a holy man. Now that I've got all that off my chest... Boyd mynes is a different principal. And yes he makes questionable decisions, but before him, Martha elementary had 6 different principals in 5 years. Or 5 in 4 years. I don't remember which. Basically he is the only person willing to do the job from what it appears. So there's not much anyone can do about it. The teachers that were there when he arrived were great, but over the years they left because of him. The replacements he hired are mostly gay or lesbians, with a few straight ones thrown in there to appease the board. But a lot of people like Boyd Mynes. I myself was not a fan when my child went there, but it had more to do with the way he ran the school than his other activities. Making the kids do the bunny hop at lunch is a little awkward if you ask me. But it's his school. So I guess he can do what he wants. If you have a problem with him, just switch to Davis creek.
Blackbeard

Point Pleasant, WV

#19 Apr 15, 2013
It has nothing to do with his sexual preference, but rather the fact that he rules the school like a dictator! I know, I know, he is the principal, but other principals that I have dealt with don't look down their noses and act like your stupid for asking questions. Personally, I don't think that Martha is the only school that has this tendency. Most of those in the Barboursville area favor certain parents and kids over others.
anti-mynes

Alexandria, VA

#20 Apr 16, 2013
I must say as a parent with a student that attends Martha I have never seen a principal that appears to have such hatred towards parents as mr.mynes! I must say in all the years I have been there I have never known the man to be at a school function, play, carnival etc and stand up and voice how proud he is of the kids and how hard they worked! Something you see done at every other school you attend! The principal is always the first to speak on behave of his children! Mr mynes is generally no where to be found and if he is you can guarantee he is moaning and groaning about how things are getting done!!! It has absolutely nothing to do with sexuality or religion as you were brave enough to state in your post but it is as simple as treating the kids in the school with respect!
just saying

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Apr 16, 2013
I completely agree with both of you. He is not a good principal and you two seem to have been to put into words a little bit better what I was trying to say. Haha. He is very condescending. Towards the children and parents alike. And you're right he is rarely at school functions, and when he is, he doesn't mingle with parents or anything. If he does i haven't witnessed it. But nah just doing the right thing. He's not a good principal. That's what this forum is about. Not the fact that he is gay. I wasn't trying to start a religious argument or anything. Haha. Just saying the fact that he's gay has nothing to do with his ability to run a school. Which I agree, he does not do well.
Its a shame!

Alexandria, VA

#22 Apr 18, 2013
If a coach or a teacher was seen out of line out side of school, the board would reprimand them.... This guy owns a gay bar.... Talking about bringing a reproach upon a community and a school, it's disgusting! He has a perversion, those folks are subseptible to all kinds of filth.... For they are morally screwed up in the head! So don't think your kids are safe!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bllb 2015 3 hr The Pirate 1
I miss the love of my life...need advice!! 8 hr Sad 4
Macy's girl 12 hr true 13
CMHS girls basketball (Feb '14) 12 hr Georgia 49
aaron ruckman (Aug '13) 16 hr grelp 7
ruckmans 16 hr lute 3
midland wrestling (Feb '14) Tue knights 21

Flood Watch for Cabell County was issued at March 04 at 9:54PM EST

Barboursville Dating
Find my Match