Man Dies in Accident at Ruckersville ...

Man Dies in Accident at Ruckersville Home - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 23 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Sep 3, 2012, titled Man Dies in Accident at Ruckersville Home - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Investigators say a man was killed in an accident in Greene County. The sheriff's department says 64-year-old Mark Simpson died when a car fell on him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sharon Morris

Palmyra, VA

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Kathleen, if you ever read this, please know I am so sorry about Mark's death. I'm praying for your peace and comfort.
Donna Shifflett

Stanardsville, VA

#6 Sep 3, 2012
I, too, send prayers to you and your family. You were my daughter's teacher, and I met your husband several times.
Hope not the faith kind

Lexington, VA

#8 Sep 3, 2012
My prayers go out to the family and all that know him.
Jack STANDS MUST always be used with hydraulic or mechanical jacks in case the jack fails or the car shifts. The weight is supposed to be supported by the stands alone! Never rely on the jack alone; if nothing else, put good and sound wood blocking beneath the car and let the weight rest on the wood to prevent it from falling. Or, have a professional repair your car if you do not have the right equipment.
James

Lexington, VA

#9 Sep 3, 2012
When I have my car up on jack-stands, I don't get underneath it to do any work. If I need to be under my car, I put it up on ramps. Not how everybody does it but I sure feel a lot safer doing it this way.
Top Flight

Manteo, NC

#10 Sep 3, 2012
NBC 29 has been advised and corrected several times regarding the Sheriffs Office and not a department. The Sheriff is an elected official and therefore his or her office is just that, an "Office". A Sheriff's Department is a department of a city or county, such as Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. In Virginia and most states it is a Sheriff's Office. Come on NBC 29, get it right. No one likes their name being misspelt or the like, therefore neither does ths Sheriff like his or her office called a department. It is an Office.
Hope not the faith kind

Lexington, VA

#11 Sep 3, 2012
James wrote:
When I have my car up on jack-stands, I don't get underneath it to do any work. If I need to be under my car, I put it up on ramps. Not how everybody does it but I sure feel a lot safer doing it this way.
Please be careful! Those ramps are responsible for more injuries than is reported. Exspecially the cheap steel or plastic units made abroad; not a broad.
Hope not the faith kind

Lexington, VA

#13 Sep 3, 2012
Dumbocrats wrote:
We must outlaw these dangerous cars that can fall on people, even if it wrecks the economy! We have to destroy the villiage to save it because it takes a village. Four more years.
I get it, lol......
Pathetic

Scottsville, VA

#14 Sep 3, 2012
Even in tragedy people still find a way to be so ignorant in their comments. What a sad world we live in.
Jeannette Southard

Hamilton, VA

#15 Sep 3, 2012
He was my Uncle and I pray that my family never sees these rude ignorant comments. You did not know him or the loss this has caused. He was not a person to do anything that was a hazard. It was just a very tragic accident. Nothing more or less.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Greene Neighbor

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Sep 3, 2012
Jeannette
So sorry for the loss of your uncle.

Since: Nov 10

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Sep 3, 2012
Top Flight wrote:
NBC 29 has been advised and corrected several times regarding the Sheriffs Office and not a department. The Sheriff is an elected official and therefore his or her office is just that, an "Office". A Sheriff's Department is a department of a city or county, such as Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. In Virginia and most states it is a Sheriff's Office. Come on NBC 29, get it right. No one likes their name being misspelt or the like, therefore neither does ths Sheriff like his or her office called a department. It is an Office.
This has been changed to reflect your comment. Thank you.
Concerned in crozet

Nathalie, VA

#20 Sep 3, 2012
How tragic....My thoughts and prayers are with the Family and Friends of this man. Very sad...
fluco girl

Loretto, PA

#21 Sep 4, 2012
wow! some of you people are just ignorant! what a disgrace to human kind! I am very sorry for your loss! What a terrible tragedy. God bless you!
Andrew

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Sep 4, 2012
Whenever I work under my car, I'm always conscious of the dangers. A single mistake can kill. I'm very sorry for your loss. Don't let a few boneheads take away from just how great people really are.
Lone Justice

Saraland, AL

#24 Sep 4, 2012
Hope not the faith kind wrote:
My prayers go out to the family and all that know him.
Jack STANDS MUST always be used with hydraulic or mechanical jacks in case the jack fails or the car shifts. The weight is supposed to be supported by the stands alone! Never rely on the jack alone; if nothing else, put good and sound wood blocking beneath the car and let the weight rest on the wood to prevent it from falling. Or, have a professional repair your car if you do not have the right equipment.
It's a little late for jack instructions.
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Sep 4, 2012
Lone Justice wrote:
It's a little late for jack instructions.
But it's never too late to prevent the next tragedy! The more people are educated about proper safety procedures, the less likely we will see another story like this.
Wallo

Southfield, MI

#27 Sep 4, 2012
Why does 29 allow comments at all for a story like this? Use some common sense 29.
LLG

Charlottesville, VA

#30 Sep 4, 2012
Jeannette Southard wrote:
He was my Uncle and I pray that my family never sees these rude ignorant comments. You did not know him or the loss this has caused. He was not a person to do anything that was a hazard. It was just a very tragic accident. Nothing more or less.
I worked with your uncle, as a matter of fact, we sit next to each other. This has been VERY painful for all of us at work. Mark was an amazing person with a HUGE heart! I came to work and turned on the lights of his work area because I can't stand the thought that he is not there today. We will miss his laugh, funny comments, and most of all, his love for life. God bless you and all of your family during this time of pain.
Fortunate Friend

United States

#32 Sep 4, 2012
We're so saddenned to hear of Mark's accident and will miss him dearly. Our hearts go out to his loved ones. I had the fortune of working with Mark for many years. He regularly brought in a box of donuts each Friday to share with his co-workers just because. He had a wonderful sense of humor, and would brighten everyone's lives. What a nice, caring, amazing man. Rest in peace my friend. Heaven is a happier place today with this wonderful angel of a person.

Since: Aug 09

Charlottesville, VA

#33 Sep 4, 2012
To the grieving family - disregard the idiot comments above. I am sorry for your loss and will pray for your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barboursville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Los mariachis in barbiursville (Jan '16) Oct 28 Mountain Momma79 7
Overdose Oct 25 Gethelpbeforitsto... 1
Drugs in barboursville topix (Jan '16) May '16 Grosse 3
DARRELL LUNSFORD and CARL HAMMONS Corbin ky (Mar '15) Dec '15 darrell 2
News Barboursville Man Arrested on Drug Charges (Jun '13) Aug '13 Everybodytalks2much 21
News Charges Dropped Against UVA Student Involved in... (Jun '13) Jul '13 sez you 137
News Cville's Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney Sworn i... (Jun '13) Jul '13 Cville Observer 7

Barboursville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barboursville Mortgages