Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#18054 Mar 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all in what you believe.
My cousin swears on a stack of bibles that he had ghosts in every house he's lived in since birth. Me? I haven't seen a ghost my entire life. One of my best friends years ago was paranoid of aliens from another planet. He even swore he witnessed a UFO on several occasions. I've never seen a UFO in my entire life. My mother used to go to these religious retreats where they climbed a hill and prayed to Mother Mary. She swore she seen Mother Mary. I haven't seen Mother Mary in all the years I've lived. Recently, I was in a discussion on the US Topix board with a black helicopter guy who swore that Norton took his information out of his computer to give to the government because of the political things he was saying on Topix. He said Norton asked him for specific files that only he knew was in his computer. Me? I've used Norton diagnostics since I first purchased a computer with no problems.
If you believe in something strong enough, you will find evidence to support your claim; some pretty convincing evidence too. But that doesn't mean it's happening, it means you are obsessed with something. Manmade Global Warming no different.
You are correct, we should be concerned about pollution, then Global Warming, then Climate Change, and whatever else they decide to call it to avoid negative connotations. But we also have to look at the effect it has on society, particularly from a financial point of view.
You are older than I, so I don't have to explain this, but when I was younger, leaded gasoline and paint was going to end our existence. Then it was fluorocarbons out of our spray cans what was going to eliminate our O-zone. Then it was freon in our refrigeration systems.
It's like I've always said, you can't make an environmentalist happy. It just isn't possible. There isn't enough money, because no matter what we do, it will never be enough for them. So why try? It's making us broke.
I know a number of people that swear that the contrails from jet planes are dispensing mind control drugs from the government & others that swear that man has not colonized the moon because aliens are on the dark side & that they told the Apollo astronauts that WE do NOT belong on the moon. According to them, That is why WE are planning missions to Mars instead of the moon. But these same people have NO clue as to the 'grassy knoll' or Jimmy Hoffa. I find this amazing.
PopsSmear

Canton, OH

#18055 Mar 21, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Canton seems so young, mean, unintelligent, biased, intolerant etc.
Me being 'Pops', I have been around long enough to remember when scientist were warning of another Ice Age in the late 50's,60's & early 70's. I used to go ice skating on ponds 3-6 times every winter because the cold spells were long enough & cold enough to freeze ponds for SEVERAL days & sometimes even parts of creeks. I ice skated at Eden Park too. Sled riding for days & days because the snow lasted for days & days.
Just for purposes of understanding, I will say mankind doesn't need to add to raising global temps but Mother Nature will be Mother Nature. We have to deal with her, can't predict her but have to accept her even if Canton is intolerant, lacking understanding & simply a putz.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9VKC0khUQYY/TFztVIc...

Wonder why "Mother Nature" would be paying attention to the exact moment the industrial revolution began? Hmmmmm. Come on, pops...you were there. Ha ha ha ha! Think you better stick to gumming applesauce and whistling Dixie.
PopsSmear

Canton, OH

#18056 Mar 21, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I know a number of people that swear that the contrails from jet planes are dispensing mind control drugs from the government & others that swear that man has not colonized the moon because aliens are on the dark side & that they told the Apollo astronauts that WE do NOT belong on the moon. According to them, That is why WE are planning missions to Mars instead of the moon. But these same people have NO clue as to the 'grassy knoll' or Jimmy Hoffa. I find this amazing.
There is also this kooky bunch of radicals that think a water walking Jewish zombie undid all of their vile deeds and try to force their agendas like abortion into American politics. They think they know better than NASA and the overwhelming majority of scientists on the planet when it comes to global weather trends. There is also this group that thinks an oil billionaire sponsored, racist group of rich white people are "grass roots" and the voice of the people, when they are really just traitors who come up with any excuse to cry tyranny because they don't like black people. They call themselves the Tea Party, but they are really just Conservative Republicans trying to cover their tracks from their connection to the GW Bush fiasco. Once there was this group that thought a plastic faced Mormon, who considered the vets and women freeloaders on society, would have the average middle class American's best interests in mind. Good thing the votes of the American people spanked their crazy notions like a bad puppy.
PG13Raytard

Canton, OH

#18057 Mar 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all in what you believe.
My cousin swears on a stack of bibles that he had ghosts in every house he's lived in since birth. Me? I haven't seen a ghost my entire life. One of my best friends years ago was paranoid of aliens from another planet. He even swore he witnessed a UFO on several occasions. I've never seen a UFO in my entire life. My mother used to go to these religious retreats where they climbed a hill and prayed to Mother Mary. She swore she seen Mother Mary. I haven't seen Mother Mary in all the years I've lived. Recently, I was in a discussion on the US Topix board with a black helicopter guy who swore that Norton took his information out of his computer to give to the government because of the political things he was saying on Topix. He said Norton asked him for specific files that only he knew was in his computer. Me? I've used Norton diagnostics since I first purchased a computer with no problems.
If you believe in something strong enough, you will find evidence to support your claim; some pretty convincing evidence too. But that doesn't mean it's happening, it means you are obsessed with something. Manmade Global Warming no different.
You are correct, we should be concerned about pollution, then Global Warming, then Climate Change, and whatever else they decide to call it to avoid negative connotations. But we also have to look at the effect it has on society, particularly from a financial point of view.
You are older than I, so I don't have to explain this, but when I was younger, leaded gasoline and paint was going to end our existence. Then it was fluorocarbons out of our spray cans what was going to eliminate our O-zone. Then it was freon in our refrigeration systems.
It's like I've always said, you can't make an environmentalist happy. It just isn't possible. There isn't enough money, because no matter what we do, it will never be enough for them. So why try? It's making us broke.
Really? Environmentalists are making you broke? How about Bush's war? That put some jingle in your pocket? Be sure to flush after you speak.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#18058 Mar 22, 2013
PopsSmear wrote:
<quoted text>
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_9VKC0khUQYY/TFztVIc...
Wonder why "Mother Nature" would be paying attention to the exact moment the industrial revolution began? Hmmmmm. Come on, pops...you were there. Ha ha ha ha! Think you better stick to gumming applesauce and whistling Dixie.
Because you are mean & argumentative down to your DNA, you ignore my 1st sentence of the 2nd paragraph & argue for it in your reply post for what I had already said. amazing!
Then you also ignore that scientist suggested a coming ice age in the 60's & early 70's.
Geologic history has also proven that the earth had only 1 continent at one time, that warm blooded dinosaurs roamed every continent (possible exception of Antartica which has been barely explored) & that the magnetic poles have switched a number of times & that the ozone hole has expanded & shrunk over time also.
I repeat...mankind does NOT need to add to global warming.
Now it's your turn to rant.
Popcorn

Canton, OH

#18059 Mar 22, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Because you are mean & argumentative down to your DNA, you ignore my 1st sentence of the 2nd paragraph & argue for it in your reply post for what I had already said. amazing!
Then you also ignore that scientist suggested a coming ice age in the 60's & early 70's.
Geologic history has also proven that the earth had only 1 continent at one time, that warm blooded dinosaurs roamed every continent (possible exception of Antartica which has been barely explored) & that the magnetic poles have switched a number of times & that the ozone hole has expanded & shrunk over time also.
I repeat...mankind does NOT need to add to global warming.
Now it's your turn to rant.
Don't take it so hard, Popcorn. After what Americans endured during the last time conservatives were running our country's show, most Americans have learned to ignore conniving bullsh1t coming from your camp. Hell, you voted for republican presidents your entire life but are too ashamed to admit you are a republican. No wonder America put your kind out to pasture. Pretty soon the game will be "Yes, it is happening. Yes, it's manmade BUT it's a punishment from God on the Liberals."

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#18060 Mar 22, 2013
Popcorn wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't take it so hard, Popcorn. After what Americans endured during the last time conservatives were running our country's show
Yeah, that 4.4% unemployment in the Fall of 2006 was a killer...
Hugh Stammering Jackass

Canton, OH

#18061 Mar 22, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that 4.4% unemployment in the Fall of 2006 was a killer...
You mean sending American soldiers off to die needlessly in Iraq for a rightwing oil agenda opened up a couple jobs here in the states? Don't you have a "Civil War 2" to be getting ready for? Guess you toothless racist hillbillies didn't learn the first time you played that little game.

Nice, though, that you decided to come out from under your bed from the last time you peeked your little rich boy head out of that rabbit hole and got spanked.

Hilliard, OH

#18062 Mar 22, 2013
Hugh Stammering Jackass wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean sending American soldiers off to die needlessly in Iraq for a rightwing oil agenda opened up a couple jobs here in the states? Don't you have a "Civil War 2" to be getting ready for? Guess you toothless racist hillbillies didn't learn the first time you played that little game.
Nice, though, that you decided to come out from under your bed from the last time you peeked your little rich boy head out of that rabbit hole and got spanked.
So, soldiers away at war explains unemployment how? Recruitment was essentially at the same level then as today. And how do you explain the teen age and female unemployment rates in that case? Logic certainly isn't a strong point of yours.
BTW, have you ever been to the Hilliard-Dublin area? Not too many people are missing teeth here, kid. We're generally college educated and fairly well-off.
You're a joke, little man. Keep stroking it.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#18063 Mar 22, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
BTW, have you ever been to the Hilliard-Dublin area?
I have. Dublin is exclusive. Hilliard is common. It is hilarious that you live in the one and attempt to leech off the other.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#18064 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
and your liberal agenda is going up in black smoke.

This summer is going to be real hot for the liberals in Washington, and they are being stupid enough to vote and record their insolence against this countries survival.

And yes civil war 2 seems inevitable, succession of states, and new currencies.

2014 All of America will see results of the failed liberal policies here, and Europe.

I am laughing at what the election results will be in 2014?

either way sends a clear message.

if you don't like the answer then moving is a way to show your disapproval.

I am sure you are informed that many many of the top 1% have moved to safe havens in the Caribbean.

In 2020 America could look like Detroit does now, everywhere.

I will be fishing in the Caribbean, you can enjoy the rot you voted for.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#18065 Mar 22, 2013
xxxKochWh0re wrote:
Ha ha ha. Your one article was supported by "16" scientists. Ha ha ha ha ha! Boy, you got me there. Aaaaah ha ha ha ha! 16 out of...don't believe in climate change? PG13 for you Raytard. Leave saving the planet from the ignorant and greedy folks to the big boys.
please send some global warming to columbus.

since you are a big boy, fart us some heat.

Hilliard, OH

#18066 Mar 22, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. Dublin is exclusive. Hilliard is common. It is hilarious that you live in the one and attempt to leech off the other.
Dublin is exclusive? Muirfield is, that's about it. Tell me how exclusive Avery Rd, Sawmill Rd and 161 are, Johnson.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18067 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
You mean sending American soldiers off to die needlessly in Iraq for a rightwing oil agenda opened up a couple jobs here in the states?
Right-wing oil agenda? Reading liberal blogs again without question I see. Where is all this oil you on the left keep telling us about? Oil got more expensive a few years after our invasion of Iraq. Better question: where is all that Iraqi oil today? How much are we getting from Iraq?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#18068 Mar 22, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus is a sauna compared to Cleveland. We need to keep all the heat we can. Our "normal" is 48 degrees, and we can't get ten degrees near it. In fact, we won't get near it for at least another week or more. Long-term predictions we won't see normal until the end of the first week--or perhaps the second week of April.:-(
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#18073 Mar 23, 2013
<quoted text>
the solders volunteered.

what is your point?

a ban on solders right to volunteer?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#18074 Mar 23, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
the solders volunteered.
what is your point?
a ban on solders right to volunteer?
Disagree, I have a relative who was getting ready to get out of the Corps and was frozen by orders of Bush, then was deployed to the invasion of Iraq.
OpenWide

Canton, OH

#18075 Mar 23, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave what your wife calls me out of this.
Reality Votes

Canton, OH

#18076 Mar 23, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and your liberal agenda is going up in black smoke.
This summer is going to be real hot for the liberals in Washington, and they are being stupid enough to vote and record their insolence against this countries survival.
And yes civil war 2 seems inevitable, succession of states, and new currencies.
2014 All of America will see results of the failed liberal policies here, and Europe.
I am laughing at what the election results will be in 2014?
either way sends a clear message.
if you don't like the answer then moving is a way to show your disapproval.
I am sure you are informed that many many of the top 1% have moved to safe havens in the Caribbean.
In 2020 America could look like Detroit does now, everywhere.
I will be fishing in the Caribbean, you can enjoy the rot you voted for.
We've already seen your laughable prediction skills. We also already heard your blabbering mouth with talk of armed revolutions and you running like a coward traitor to another country. Run little scared bunny. So far you are zero for zero.
PG13Raytard

Canton, OH

#18077 Mar 23, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right-wing oil agenda? Reading liberal blogs again without question I see. Where is all this oil you on the left keep telling us about? Oil got more expensive a few years after our invasion of Iraq. Better question: where is all that Iraqi oil today? How much are we getting from Iraq?
We aren't getting anything from Iraq. Just soldiers needlessly dying for a rightwing Christian GOP oil agenda. Now Haliburton...that's another story.

I base my concepts on the several years I worked for Newt Gingrich during that time. I was on the frontlines of your agenda and I can personally tell you that you guys are ten times scummier than Americans already view you. You base your mouth on emailed tea party newsletters. Get it right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barberton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FALLING From GRACE 7 hr Delbert grady 3
EBOLA IS HERE….Great News! 12 hr Undercover Brother 21
Judge vacates Akron quadruple murder case convi... 17 hr Fred Rogers 1
Are African-American voices missing from Ohio's... 17 hr Fred Rogers 1
Who recalls Todd Hickman (akron) (Sep '11) Sun UmUm 48
Still believe in Obama..Front Page News Sun Swayze 1
OBAMMY Is A GENIUS Oct 18 dolores 11
Barberton Dating
Find my Match

Barberton Jobs