Tar Heel Buckeye

Norwalk, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

We're moving from southern Lorain County to west side of Akron in a few months. I'm wondering about Vinitas Ave. There's a house for sale that looks good that's immediately adjacent to the back of Buchtel HS...right behind the bleachers in fact.

The other houses on the street look good but but there are a couple of others for sale as well and all are selling for a good bit below what the asking price in, say, Walhaven or Northwest Akron would be.

I'm wondering if the proximity to the school causes problems for the street. I'd expect lots of football game noise on fall Friday nights but does the street have lots of football related traffic (folks looking for a parking space, for example)? Is there a lot of student traffic/activity on school days? Any other issues?

I don't have any illusions about that section of Akron in general. It's a good house at a very good price, so I wouldn't mind locking my door when I leave the house and at night but I am looking for quiet and reasonably safe.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

“I'm as Mad as Hell...”

Since: Mar 07

Your Neighbor & Friend

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

In that part of town, locking your doors won't prevent a house from getting burned to the ground.

Steer clear of CrAkron. Crime is insane & sewer rates have just gone sky-high. Try Cuyahoga Falls.
Whitey Robard

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Right Howard! That new mall that the Mayor is building will replace old sexy rex's tower to no where, as the place to be seen!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barberton Discussions

Search the Barberton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 42 min Pope Che Reagan Christ 29,098
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 hr They cannot kill a Spook 231
Did Matt Patrick from WKDD get FIRED? (Nov '09) 15 hr peckerwdless 20
Who lost Iraq? The Iraqis did, with an assist f... 19 hr Kissel 37
Guess Who? 19 hr Kissel 10
Gay Games Rodeo coming to Summit County Fairgro... Wed Homeless Wino Pete 20
Jesus Take the Wheel Wed Homeless Wino Pete 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barberton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000